He fell for the laziness is bad meme

>he fell for the laziness is bad meme
why do you do this to yourself, Veeky Forums? why are you such a tool?

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/larry_smith_why_you_will_fail_to_have_a_great_career
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You want to work? You want to work really, really, really hard? You know what? You'll succeed. The world will give you the opportunity to work really, really, really, really hard. But, are you so sure that that's going to give you a great career, when all the evidence is to the contrary?

I love this Ted talk.
ted.com/talks/larry_smith_why_you_will_fail_to_have_a_great_career

>he feels guilty when he's not being "productive"

I'm starting to realize that enjoying life is more important than accomplishments. By the end of my first internship and during my entire second internship I was always waiting to get off work.

I'm an undergrad engineering student btw

>engineering
looking forward to your boyfriends butthole? fag!

says the guy who has this saved on his computer

The thing is enjoyment is absolutely necessary to any sort of accomplishment anyway. Grinding can make you succeed in college but after that you really need to not look at your work and think "I'd rather be doing anything else right now".

The thing is, I can't tell if the problem is engineering or if the problem is just work in general sucks

Nice talk but I don't really get the point about velcro.
Man if I had invented velcro I'd be so fucking happy with myself you don't even know.

BUUUUUUUUUUURN

>he fell for the lazy genius meme
Le i get str8 As and dont even try guy

I do it because I feel like shit either way. It is the contrast that makes life enjoyable for me sometimes.
All lazy people I know who hold it like a "I do not give a fuck about others opinion"-medal are pathetic creatures imo. Usually drunkards or drug addicts who complain about pety shit and vehemently defend their "lifestyle", because even the slightest push makes their worldview crumble.
You do give a fuck, more than I do with my additional uni courses and mind-numbing wagekekery.

the keks are real

There is a great misunderstanding about this matter. If you study uni, your life won't be resolved. If you get 10million Euros with the lottery, you won't get your life resolved.

What you get is another tool for your own improvement. Many friends I know get sometimes depressed because their job is static and there is no progress in their life after uni.

Me, and a friend have started a new programming bussiness. It's my second one. The first one was a disaster.

The thing is that I've never been so omnipotent and peaceful at my life when I noticed I could improve myself more everyday.

I was a lazy weeb too. I remember watching Azumanga and Shana, but that life was the same everyday. No effort=minimum pleasure.

I used to answer with pedantic posts too. I think it's called fedora.

Also, do you guys have any idea about calculators? What would you want in a calculator?

It's not a scientific achievement because nobody invented velcro. It's a phenomenon that occurs in nature and some guy just figured out how to manufacture it. It's like saying someone invented bottled water.

But it really is, in June I failed EM I (first 5 chapters of Griffiths give or take) and today I retook the exam. Got 90+.
The prof chuckled and asked me what happened last time. "well, I didn't study, I replied"

many physical constants. mine has pi and e, but that's about it, there could be a lot more.
i don't much care for it being able to integrate, derive and all that jazz, because i won't be able to use it in exams anyway

I feel quite the same as , I really can't find enjoyment in my job. I work as support and lead developer in a small start up, but I feel I could be doing greater things, sadly due to economical reasons I can't leave my shithole of country, but now I feel rather shitty of not taking the risk to go study abroad, when I got offered scholarships.

It seems I really liked researching but now I have let it go.

I just wait until my shift is done so I can go play piano until I pass out, and maybe go out with my gf on weekends (literally only time I am 100% happy).