Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

So who's smarter, you guys or /g/?

/G/ TALKIN SHIT GET THE FUCK IN HERE

Hello Veeky Forums, /g/ent here. You guys are lucky to not have as much cancer as we do. The in/v/asion has hurt the board severely, flooding it with kids asking about gayman, and other shitheads wanting to use it for their personal consumer purchases or tech support.

Based on OP's pic I can already tell who is the bigger faggot.

I AM NOT FAG

kys

good question

Ever since Veeky Forums got flooded with the round earth defense force our cumulative IQ plumeted.

Veeky Forums clearly. It's a rare /g/entooman who even knows how cryptography works.

dat Falco

/pol/ is smarter

Prolly /diy/

It used to be clear that Veeky Forums was smarter, but I honestly don't know anymore.

Then again, CS is strictly a brainlet field.

Veeky Forums

You can think what you want. But every PhD I've worked under is rolling in NSF money. There must be some value in the work we do.

>There must be some value in the work we do

There definitely is, as the applicability of programmers in any scenario is greater than ever, and companies will pay good money for quality developers

It's just that CS majors generally do less intensive work than someone in Molecular Physics, EE, CE, etc..

/g/
90% of the threads on here are retarded.
>high school homework help
>climate change
>Blacks are dumber
>Autism/IQ test scores from a random site

Proof:
Here are some threads from the catalog
>isn't physics complete by now?
>Is there a way to just not sleep?
>can you count past 1000^10^200
>how can i make anime real?
>5 calc 1 hw problem threads
>3 climate change threads

I thought we were talking about CS, not CS majors...

I've personally never seen the study comparing the relative difficulty of those fields. I would be surprised if there are enough people that have worked across them to make some strong scientific claim. And besides that, different subjects are harder for different people. I can't imagine how you would begin to compare them. You can spend a lifetime working in any of them so one would imagine that working at the forefront of any of those is very challenging.

I visit both boards regularly and while there are some smart guys over at /g/, it's so overrun by people coming for the sole purpose of

>nvidia/AMD BTFO THIS TIME FOR REAL I SWEAR
>Do I need an i7 to play games????
>Apple sucks prove me wrong
>IN THIS PHONE BENCHMARK I BOUGHT THE BEST PHONE !!!

etc. Actual discussions about technology are usually suffocated. If /g/ strictly was only about technology, then the post frequency and average intellect would probably match Veeky Forums's. And that's not saying Veeky Forums is super smart or anything, it's just that I think Veeky Forums is less stupid than /g/ on average.

Well in terms of comparing the entire field of CS to other fields, I don't know what kinds of other advanced or complex ideas there are to understand. And I also do see you're point about how different subjects may be harder for different people.

>factoring in casuals and troll threads

The top third of Veeky Forums is clearly smarter than the top third of /g/.

The better and more important question is: Who gets more pussy?

Veeky Forums probably gets more pussy than any board. We're either in college or already making money.

Kreygasm

>clearly