Waste half your life sleeping

>waste half your life sleeping

there has to be a way to crack this and effectively double our lifespans. is there a way to just not sleep? we must unchain ourselves from the brainlets.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/8114179-40-sleep-hacks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Drink coffee and do exercise and you can clock about 5-4 hours daily. Also, if you sleep about 8 hours a day, how on earth that is half of your life

i sleep like 14 hours a day

try the uberman sleep schedule and report back

I would assume it's a habit you can form, have a set time you go to bed and an alarm for six hours later and never sleep outside that time no matter how tired you feel.

This is a shit meme.

There was a time where I slept 5-4 hours a night and every normal (those days had a job dealer, walking)
I imagine that the exercise toward me on walks to be more active.

>8/24=1/2

Not op but i spend almost half my life sleeping.

I like to sleep. I have extremely vivid dreams every night and I have completely lucid dreams once or twice a month. I also don't forget my dreams very quickly.

The only problem is that if I have a nightmare, its fucking terrifying.

>yet another jackass destroys his sleep schedule in the hope that it will make him a greater person

No.

I'll give you some advice.

Don't sleep 12 hours a day, sleep 8 hours a day. That'll give you a whopping 4 hours every day to enjoy your shitty wait for death.

I don't agree OP, I like sleeping. I think 10x better when I am well rested. This allows me to be more productive and effective with my time.

I have a roommate that studies 2-3x more than me. He'll miss out on sleeping just to study more, but I always shit on him in tests.

At least when you sleep you're not aware of your shitty life.

I wish I could sleep until I died instead of living this painful and unsatisfying existence.

But all of my best experiences were dreams.

It's probably not hard to achieve.

This. Why would you wanna live more? Sleep is my only escape from my constant anxiety.

Try this suggestion. Polyphasic sleep is an awesome thing to experiment with.

One of the definite risks that I know of is the fact that cuts and other wounds heal slower because you are not sleeping as much. Interpret that however you like in terms of it's healthiness. On the positive side it can clean up your sleep hygiene extremely quickly.

goodreads.com/book/show/8114179-40-sleep-hacks

Memory foam is also a very legitimate way to get deep sleep. Valerian and Chamomile tea is good too.

The idea is that the body does basic maintenance when you sleep lightly, but it requires sleeping in a pitch black basement for 10 or more hours in order to do deep repair in terms of the psyche and physical body healing.

If you are stressed out, drinking a lot of coffee, working too many hours, having relationship issues, and you sleep on the couch then the body and the brain never get a chance to recuperate.

All the body really needs is that sweet REM stage. Unfortunately, most of our "sleep" is spent trying to reach that stage, a most inefficient endeavor. Solution? A wearable device that induces REM so that you need an hour at the most. This will effectively reduce sleep needs for most people, but if you lead an active lifestyle, you'll still need vanilla sleep to allow for proper muscle recuperation etc.

Why would the brain leave REM several times a night then? My guess is before artificial lighting, when polyphasic sleeping was more common, you'd have one dream and then wake and work before retiring again for another spout of REM. With the eight or nine hour sessions we have now, it does seem more wasteful and inefficient.

>not sleeping effectively doubles your lifespan

even if you were to find someway to make it so that humans wouldn't require sleep, the result would be negligible.

As someone who used to be a pathetic GAD 10-12 hour sleeper and has begun to overcome it, I find 5 hours to be more than enough and 4 - just enough, with possible episodes of sleepiness (up to 3, but usually just 1 closer to the evening).

Today I woke up after 3 hours of sleep cause I was hungry and you can bet your ass I'm gonna make it all the way throughout the day, while remaining productive.

It's all about breaking/substituting/creating a habbit. Heard about Penn Jillette losing like 300 kilos in two weeks by not being a fucking pig for those 2 weeks? Create a habbit of going to bed and waking up at certain times, have the responsive alarms for that. If you feel sleepy to the point of being useless and depressed, just play vidya or watch movies all day.
After 2 weeks of that, I guaruntee, you'll be laughing at 5+ hours of sleep cucks for the rest of your life.

I know this will probably shock ameritards and eurofaggots, but 8-10+ hours of sleep is a meme, one of the biggest, right there with dehydration and 6 meals per day.

Enjoy your early death.

If humans found a way to not sleep, companies would find a way to keep you working longer, negating your assumed extra time to do stuff.

and not to mention you would burn through you body twice as fast, negating OP's "doubling your lifespan"

Your body shuts off completely when you sleep ehh?

There are exactly zero studies that show correlation between small sleep and early death. And even if that's true - which it isn't - I'm totally up for trading extra life when young for extra life when old.

"burn twice as fast"

ahhhgg poor little cutie silly totally non educated boy who proved that he doesnt know nothing nothing

let le me (the educated and good one) explain to le you (the stupid kiddy boy who i hope is still in high school or he has no hope left for his life)

senecence is programmed in cells, its not because wear and tear. The amount of cell divisions is fixed and that causes the problems

>le

ahaha you sure showed me xdddd :^)

Shitty mental habits.
If you want to live more:
Try the paleolithic diet.
Do some 10-15min intensive cardio every day.
Try 1day/week of 24h or 2 days/week of 16h, of intermitent fasting.
Stop eating popular excrements.
This helped me a lot.

i can say le a thousand million times and still be right

objective truth is always objective le little boy

This fucking guy lmao