Why are there so few (if any) legit black geniuses?

why are there so few (if any) legit black geniuses?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blackwell
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know. Why are there so few well adjusted, good looking, not morbidly obese white supremacists?

You're racist OP.

bell curve

The average black IQ is 75 in Africa, 85 in USA. If we assume that their bell curve has the same variance as whites have, then they naturally have lower percentage of geniuses.

>The average black IQ is

it's always 100 you fucking troglodyte

*for white people

iq tests are so fucking meaningless

lets test everyone - because you seem so keen on iq tests
anyone less than, say, 90 gets shipped off to 'stupid island'

at least then i'd never have to read any more of your stupid posts

100 is used in calibrating the scores.

If you count northern Africa? Persians, Babylonians and Arabs laid most of the foundation of modern math. Quadratic equations, calender system, base 10.

Also the creation of the printing press and industrialisation allowed education to be much more accessible and a country to sustain hitherto impossible populations. Europe first got wind of this so in the past two centuries they've dominated intellectually. The rest of the world is catching up.

>What is statistical averages?

Blacks make only 12% of the population.

A majority are in poverty or near poverty, so scratch out their children as poverty destroys the foundation for genius (lack of a stimulating environment, not feeling secure, Maslows pyramid pretty much).

TA DA!!

The real geniuses of any race probably tend to have their priorities sorted; I'm sure some people of great intellectual ability dedicate themselves to their work as opposed to their public image.

Regarding the question of why it is that we're not aware of many famous black scientists and mathematicians, as a black person in STEM, I'd tell you that there are multiple factors at play, primary of which being attitudes among both blacks and non-blacks.

Most of the more recent achievements which have been lauded as acts of genius have taken place within the last 40-80 years. Even if there were a black von Neumann in their midst, do you genuinely think people from the 1930s to 1970s wanted to acknowledge anything coming from black people as being valuable? Similarly, up until recently, African American culture has looked down on intellectual pursuits, and between slavery in the last 200 years and active discrimination in education up until about 30-40 years ago, really only in the last two generations have black people had broad encouragement to nurture and pursue any latent intellectual gifts they might have.

To be honest, I do feel as though I'm somewhat behind my peers, but more so in the sense that I feel behind in being able to recognize my interest in theoretical topics than in the sense that I can't keep up or contribute. A lot of people I went to school with during my undergraduate and graduate years (some black people included) went to private schools where they had at least modest exposure to things I wasn't aware of until my junior or senior year. Likewise, these same students were able to pursue their interest in these topics as undergraduates, whereas I had to return to graduate school to explore them.

cheers /pol/ bot, dont let the door hit you on the way out

>poverty destroys the foundation for genius
Who was Ramanujan, Alex?

It doesn't destroy the foundation, but it doesn't exactly make things easy.

>if there were a black von Neumann
lel, laying it on a bit thick

No....
100 is the average for the general population. A subpopulation could have a different mean value.

I remember at least one instance where von Neumann was interested in the work of a black mathematician (who had faced some discrimination at the hands of universities that employed him). This isn't to say that they were equals, but it certainly says something that von Neumann deemed his work remotely interesting.

Here he is. He caught a lot of shit, but he did what he did well. He was capable; he contributed, but you didn't and don't hear about him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blackwell

Only if you compare blacks to blacks. If they're considered as a subpopulation of the larger, global population, that is not true.

Pretty sure he's talking about sub-Saharans, sempai.

not a single real argument yet. its simple really, all races are not equal, they are the bottom of the barrel when its comes to race. Black science man isnt even a legit scientist, hes a tv personality

You're speaking out of ignorance. You act as though the studies that do support a race-correlated intelligence gap have a mean gap similar to that between a person and a dog; even worse, you seem to neglect the fact that the bell curve indicates a spread.

Pro-tip: even as things are stated in these studies, the expected number of black people more intelligent than you is, being gracious to you, at least 1 out of 100. You could fill an auditorium with the minority of black people in the US smarter than you, but you'll still be less intelligent than they are, and they'll still be black. Does this frustrate you?

>there are multiple factors at play, primary of which being attitudes among both blacks and non-blacks
Alternatively, you're a 3 or 4$\sigma$ outlier amongst the general African American population. Statistical distribution of intellectual ability seems like a much more parsimonious explanation of racial disparities in academic and scientific achievement, than racism and African-American attitudes towards scholastic work. For one, the sociocultural explanation doesn't really explain why Africans are even more behind than African Americans.

nope, doesnt get me mad at all. because studies dont support that at all, and you are completely wrong with what you said. you must be black im guessing, that would certainly explain your stupidity

>they're meaningless because they show results I don't like!
How's middle school?

but he's right stormnigger, if you understood the statistics you constantly cite you'd realize it

How does his argument ignore that there's a spread in any given statistical distribution? Assuming African Americans have =85, Euro-Americans have =100, both with sigma=15, then out of 12 million African Americans there should be about 18,000 with an IQ above 130, as compared to 6.3 million Euro-Americans with similar IQs (2.5% of 72% of 350 million). So high-IQ blacks would be expected to be swamped by high-IQ whites.

>iq tests are so fucking meaningless
>pretty much the only thing to ever come out of the social sciences that is both highly replicable and has strong predictive power
Kek.

>iq tests are so fucking meaningless
>at least then i'd never have to read any more of your stupid posts
>lol they're meaningless but you have a low IQ so you're stupid btfo stormfag!
Kek.

He's not ignoring this fact, his comment was an insult in response to an insult which was spawned out of ignorance.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." - Twain
Stats can be modified to enhance whatever agenda you are pushing, the simple truth is that blacks just arent on the same level as whites, mentally, emotionally, etc.

>one man throughout the tapestry history, and his subjective notions, helps prove my point to a broad subject

>I also put in my 2 cents, which is also quite subjective

yeah

Every male below 120 and female below 105 should get shipped off to stupid island.

Additionally the sub-100s should be sterilized by repeated ball kicking

>nobody has posted Neil Patrick Harris yet

If blacks were as equally smart as whites, theyd have the brains to compete in todays modern world, but they dont, they dont even have the brains to establish a legit culture (not one defined by violence, rap, and singe mothers)

You legitimately just rejected the use of statistics to support a claim, and then you made a sweeping gneralization that would require statistics to support. You literally have no basis for what you believe aside from the fact that you want to.

spotted the butthurt nagger, go find your dad Jamal

so...... /pol/ detected

very controversial topic, and it's definitely not on par with my politically correct agenda, so i'm gonna have to ask you to go to /pol/ as a defense mechanism

Your white superiority is showing.

Bulverism.

I agree with you there's a statistical difference. But the objections of are valid.
You cannot reject all statistics as fundamentally useless and misleading because then you've rejected the entire means to provide any real evidence for your claims.

Lower frequency compared to some other populations (if going by academics/ IQ). But there's also the fact most get rarely any real attention despite what some might think about the liberal media.

As brought up David Blackwell rarely gets brought up despite being a winner of the Neumann prize.

There's Dr. Omalu who required the controversy with the NFL despite the fact he's probably the most degreed sub-saharan African in modern times.

Despite all the supposed attention blacks get when it comes to business moguls and anons on Veeky Forums bringing up Thomas Sowell, no one ever brings up Sir Arthur Lewis who is literally the only black nobel winner economics (and non peace/literature) and created the "dual sector model" which was used in Singapore and the "Lewis turning point" which is used to describe particular elements of economic growth in China and Japan.

Alexander Animalu is a literal who despite being a well published theoretical physicist with work that was put in the Pseudopotentials in the Theory of Metals book and cited a number of times internationally.

There are others but you should be able to get the point. So while there is a lack geniuses among blacks, those who are geniuses rarely get the attention.