Triple major

Has any1 done or heard of any1 doing a triple Astro, chem., physics major?

Other urls found in this thread:

slu.edu/department-of-chemistry-home/undergraduate-programs/degree-programs
slu.edu/Documents/arts_sciences/chemistry/Undergrad Programs/BS_CHEM_REG.pdf
slu.edu/madrid/department-of-engineering-aviation-and-technology/programs/chemical-engineering/sample-program-of-study
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Those majors are way too unrelated for it to be practically doable or for it to even be meaningful for you in the long run.

Proper triple majors are more like
Electric/Computer/Software
Mechanical/Phy/Math

I tripled in math, CS, and physics.

I triple majored in Mathematics, Biotechnology and Philosophy, with minors in Cognitive Science and History. It's possible.

I did electrical engineering, math, and physics

there was someone who graduated a year earlier than me who did english, physics, and astronomy

Did you went to shit colleges or you don't care about gpa?

There's a degree at my university called "interdisciplinary studies" where you choose three minors. So you could choose something legit like physics/applied math/cs or something.

>Has any1 done or heard of any1 doing
>any1

You have to be over the age of 18 to post here.

>a triple Astro, chem., physics major

Physics + Astro is basically like Physics + unrelated minor. In addition to the Physics major you take ~2 intro Astro courses, ~2 Astro labs, and ~4 upper level Astro courses.

Chemistry is very light major to begin with in terms of course load. In addition to stuff you have to take for physics, there's:
Gen Chem x2+lab (or AP Chemistry)
Organic x2+lab x2
Inorganic 1~2
Analytic/Instrumentation x2
Pchem x2+lab (which you maybe able to substitute Thermal Physics and Quantum Mechanics if you do a chemical physics track)

chemistry

>light

you tell me this is light : slu.edu/department-of-chemistry-home/undergraduate-programs/degree-programs

How do you even compute with these kinds of motherfuckers? l hope you get paid well

compete*

another fag who thinks chem is hard

>slu.edu/Documents/arts_sciences/chemistry/Undergrad Programs/BS_CHEM_REG.pdf

That is light. Take a look at a ChemE program if you want to see heavy.

I'm double majoring in chem and phys. The only hard part about chem are all the reactions (mainly in orgo) but some people are really good at pattern recognition and they find that part really easy. Thermodynamics (aka physical chemistry) is hard, but satisfying once you finally understand it.

dw, most companies will be like: "Um, we want a "insert STEM career here" guy for this job. This guy has a triple grade which includes the one we want but he probably only has a general idea about all those 3 grades. Let's better hire this one who only did the grade we're looking for as he'll know more than the other guy about it.

Just go to grad school and focus on one thing. Why do science majors try and get hired straight out of college?

here it is: slu.edu/madrid/department-of-engineering-aviation-and-technology/programs/chemical-engineering/sample-program-of-study

the difference? there is nothing past p chem 1 as compared to having to take much more lab intensive courses as a chemistry SCIENTIST

all else is cookie cutter engineering courses; thermo, process control, mat science, dfq

Chemical engineering is heavily over rated.

>he took more classes
>so he knows less

Why do so many brainlets believe this?

Surely that's a double major in arts and chem eng?
Is that kind of bachelors normal? If you got rid of all of those arts classes you could fit a chemistry major in there quite easily.

Makes no sense.

He would have completed the same requirements as anyone, just many more times.

Yeah, I'm the EE/math/physics guy. There were many times where I saw a concept come up in different, unrelated courses.

One example is the fourier transform. I saw that in quantum mechanics and solid state (physics), multiple signals courses (EE), and analysis (math).

that actually sounds like something similar to what i want to do. would you recommend the path you took? what level is each degree (bachelor, masters, etc?)

It is the truth. I mean it is a fucking saying for fucks sake.

Jack of all trades master of none.

It makes sense that the more classes he takes the less depth he will get out of any individual class.

How much overlap is there usually between a Math major and something else? I have to apply to transfer into some unis in the next few months and I'm starting to wonder exactly what route I should be going with.

Like Stats for instance, am I going to end up doing like 2 more classes or 10 more classes? I imagine that especially with Math there's enough overlap with a lot of subjects so that you're not going to end up doing like twice as much school, but how far does it go? Can I get an entire other major with just 2 or 3 classes?

There is a difference between aiming to have undergrad-level knowledge of two or three subjects and trying to have PhD level knowledge in more than one.

The one is perfectably doable. One usually finds that the cross-over is massive between many disciplines.

you can do it and finish in 6 years.

Depends on the uni and depends on the major. Why do you seem to think Veeky Forums will have more information than the website for wherever you're trying to go?

why don't you take a shit ton of gender studies and african american studies classes and tell me how much you know

No he would not. People who major in 3 takes the absolute minimum for all 3 requirements, whereas those majoring in only 1 of them will use those extra time to take more advanced classes in that 1 major. period. obviously you were one of those faggots who went for minimum requirement

>Why do you seem to think Veeky Forums will have more information than the website for wherever you're trying to go?
because it depends on the uni and depends on the major and i'm looking for general information

OP here! Doesn't the chem knowledge really bottom out @ a certain pt.? Pic related; me now
the discussion is now about air washing using a centifugal pump

Chemistry?
Light?

You have no idea how grueling junior/senior lab hours are

What'd you major in?

Something stupid & bigoted? I bet you just dress up in a furry suit and listen in on economics classes, devouring nothing but nodding your head and snickering at anyone taking notes while you almost subconsciously fear that people will realize your an empty shell, whereas u didn't feel it at all but imma bet ur gonna feel yourself accidetally stomaing urself when u realize everything in the universe has damned u.

There is no general information BECAUSE it depends on the uni/major you stupid fuck.

Can anyone interpret what this user is trying to say?

I was telling the person throwing around a hate word to lace his mouth shut

Aw fuck, i just graduated 200,000 in debt with a minor in fine art. I didn't even graduate-i just printed out my transcript that had all A's on it and wrote my name on it Welp fellas, don't do it the way i did

His/her/its* own mouth*
pardon me, sire