How do you overcome your alcoholism lit?

How do you overcome your alcoholism lit?

>2016
>drinking alcohol

Like you solve any life-destroying condition:

Without looking for counsel from amateurs and seeking professional help and advice from people who have studied the process and who has lived the process themselves.

Asking for help from Veeky Forums for something as serious as alcoholism is like asking us to help you with your cancer treatment or cardiac arrest.

Alcoholism can damage you more than those two conditions combined. Seek professionals. There is an industry out there to help you. Most of it is even free.

>dopethrone
so you smoke weed instead?

Weed is worse, I just like the album

OP here, I only drink when I can't have weed due to legality. I am far more happy and productive when I have legal access to weed, I am an ADHD autistic with arthritis and possibly cancer so it helps with all of those conditions immensely, and without it I'm a fucking wreck that turns to alcohol to forget my impossible circumstances for a brief respite of ignorant bliss.

Ironically, this is the least serious thread I've made and yet is the only one that has gotten bumped. I'm not suicidal just curious if anyone else is undergoing similar situations and how to cope.

I forgot to say "Come my fanatics" is my favorite electric wizard release solely for solarian 13 which I feel is their best single, but this isn't /mu/.

What about electric wizard appeals to you as a non weed enthusiast? I literally couldn't understand the appeal of that type of music until I tried cannabis and since then it has become one of my favorite genres and bands, that slow tempo high distortion metal just jives with my heart rate and mindstate so intimately.

I was big into metal as a teen, but as I grew out of it doom metal became one of the genres that reminded me of what I liked about it without the edginess. I enjoy this kind of music about 100x more live though. I saw Om a few years ago and it was one of my favorite concerts in a long while. I'm thinking of seeing Boris in a few weeks, not sure yet as I don't totally love them.

I don't. I earn too much money and live in an immensely cheap apartment in a boring area and so spend most of my time drinking heavily and writing. I might die young. But I can't think of anything else worth doing.

as you would anything else: by letting it go

Taper down and switch to kava.

>I am an ADHD autistic with arthritis and possibly cancer
Wew

you can't

>Weed is worse

lol

I think I'm too far gone, tbqhwyf. I used to be a really promising writer and a voracious reader with two novels under my belt and a solid set of short fiction under my belt. Then I began drinking about a case of beer a night and now, after a few years of this, I'm unable to focus on reading long enough to finish a single book, I can't finish even a short story, and I've destroyed my social relationships including pushing away the only man who ever loved me. I've been living in my car for six months, struggling to re-read my favourite book, Plato's Complete Works.

I've tried AA, court-ordered detox, Anabuse, religious counseling, cold turkey, cognitive behavioral therapy, etc. and nothing works. Even if I go weeks without a drink, I'm still constantly thinking of being drunk.

>tfw living the literary lifestyle

You don't

I ended a three-day binge last week when I had a 4 pack after waking up and it did nothing except make my stomach hurt. I haven't really wanted to drink since then.

I went for a meal with a friend recently and neither of us drank, it was really nice.

People keep asking me how my writing's going and I can't write when drunk or hungover so I feel ashamed of it.

I feel like the booze is making me put on weight, but I can't work out with a hang over and sex is rarer and not as good when you're out of shape.

Lots of motivation there to not drink.

This, basically.

i haven't

i stopped when i realized i was getting fat, now i only drink on the weekends and i've also stopped drinking alone

How's webmd treating ya?

Auto-indoctrination.

I used to romanticise being a decadent drunken libertine. In order to overcome that lifestyle I started romanticising the simple ascetic life instead.

Throwing away possessions and sitting in an empty room eating beans is my new fetish now.

go see Boris, I just saw them last week and they were incredible

Literally this. I've shifted obsession to knowledge and romanticized a solitary, literary lifestyle. I strive for ascension.

Back in the day I used to romanticize being a permanently drunk, sex obsessed, sarcastic asshole. So that's what I did.

These days I smoke marijuana at 9-10 o'clock to go to sleep. During the day I sit and muse on things, read, write, tend to my garden, or play an hour or so of videogames. I started an extremely small NES collection, years and years ago I enjoyed playing videogames, I still can't get invested in them but it can be fun to play an old Nintendo game for a short while. It requires no dedication, and if I don't want to be patient then I don't have to. It's a good way to kill a little time now that I'm not intoxicated always. I like living like this, I'm a lot happier.

Sounds comfy as heck, senpai.

By being exceedingly poor.

Thumbprint of acid

You will forget about alcohol