How to study for inattentive attention deficit

I already went to the psych he just diagnosed me with depression and anxiety which are known adhd comorbidities. He even asked me if I was failing school, I'm just very good at testing, my mind works just fine when it's motivated by extreme fear i.e. I have been absent from class all semester and failing all courses. So according to my dr. I don't need drugs except lexapro (seriously why prescribe ritalin when you can get me addicted to anxiolitics), and I really don't wanna self-medicate. Can you deal with this shit without drugs?

i've been going damn well, constantly either drunk, stoned or coffeed up to the eyeballs.

>anxiety, depression, mild bipolar, mild aspergers, PTSD

you will be ok user

>anxiety
>depression
Yes. I got rid of it:
- Stopped eating shit
- Starting doing exercises
- Sleep 7 hours
- Everything related with my past "life" is mostly removed. (Dota, WoW, Pokemon, etc)
- Working for my dreams and goals

But you are a special human, you are too complex and superior to be affected by your nutrition, mental and physical habits and sleep time. Right?

bump
How to get adhd medication?

>But you are a special human, you are too complex and superior to be affected by your nutrition, mental and physical habits and sleep time. Right?

Oh not at all I'm a piece of shit and I know it, I just wanted to know if me being a piece of shit was affecting my performance.

Same problem (League of plebs, plebstone, and chess all day)

go to a fucking doctor you waste of space drain on society

yeh, coffee is a good enough substitute. u guys probably are right. I need to get off the self-pity train.

already went, already got drugs just didn't get the drugs I wanted. TT_TT

>seriously why prescribe ritalin when you can get me addicted to anxiolitics
>addicted
>to a fucking SSRI
Using such emotionally charged language is nothing but self-defeating. It's not really an "anxiolytic" either in the gabaergic sense, it just helps with managing anxiety disorders. You'd have a greater dependence liability with the ritalin, honestly, since you are likely to conflate euphoria with remission and titrate up accordingly when it seemingly "stops working."

>Complex biochemical problems can almost always be solved through lifestyle changes
>disagreeing with me or so much as expressing healthy skepticism is arrogant

Well. The first step is being conscious about your actual state. Everyone lie to themselves so they don't make an efffort to improve themselves.

I can skip the social-propagandistic problem about "doing what you feel like it" and being a mong all of your life, not knowing what you are doing wrong.

The first FACT:
- No effort=No improvement

Reading a self-improvement book like this guy said is pretty good. But most are just magic pill shit.

>>Complex biochemical problems can almost always be solved through lifestyle changes
>being an ignorant about nutrition and exercise benefits
Complex biochemical processes also happen when you are taking a shit.
Keep deluding yourself.

>>Complex biochemical problems can almost always be solved through lifestyle changes
They can, actually. You're not just arrogant, you're ignorant.

Think about what mechanics generate your body's state at any given instant, and how moronic it is to assume anything is caused strictly by a magical mechanical failure that by an equal degree of magic exists in a vacuum and is untouchable by environmental inputs. Directly or otherwise.

Think about what applying to the average problem really is. It's asinine and show you're just a little boy who sponged up the horseshit of the era and doesn't know how to think, or break down and integrate for themselves. I swear, if I could put you people in re-education facilities...

I want to agree with you but at what point do you draw the line.

Do you think psychopaths could be cured with good diet and exercise, what about schizoids?

Good luck trying to convince a Paranoid to do anything you want him to do.

>I can legitimize my egregious magical thinking so long as I just call everyone deluded that takes issue with it

Man you're dense as fuck
>Think about what mechanics generate your body's state at any given instant, and how moronic it is to assume anything is caused strictly by a magical mechanical failure that by an equal degree of magic exists in a vacuum and is untouchable by environmental inputs. Directly or otherwise.
???
You literally just redefined "lifestyle changes" to mean absolutely any intervention whatsoever that has an effect on the body so you wouldn't seem wrong.
A definition which -includes- taking SSRIs.
I very, very obviously don't believe there is any such "magical mechanical failure" that has no physical basis. The idea of pathophysiology that doesn't have a pathophysiology isn't just un-materialist, it's absurd. It's an inherent contradiction. Nothing I said in could reasonably be interpreted that way either.

"Lifestyle changes" obviously in context refers to -the post I replied to- >Anonymous 09/20/16(Tue)06:40:33 No.8358676▶
> (OP)
>>anxiety
>>depression
>Yes. I got rid of it:
>- Stopped eating shit
>- Starting doing exercises
>- Sleep 7 hours
>- Everything related with my past "life" is mostly removed. (Dota, WoW, Pokemon, etc)
>- Working for my dreams and goals
>But you are a special human, you are too complex and superior to be affected by your nutrition, mental and physical habits and sleep time. Right?
Which ARE a limited set of interventions and DON'T include absolutely every environmental input.

>Think about what applying to the average problem really is. It's asinine and show you're just a little boy who sponged up the horseshit of the era and doesn't know how to think, or break down and integrate for themselves. I swear, if I could put you people in re-education facilities...
lol
go back to you fucking schizo

You seem like you know your shit. When I was at the Doc. he asked me if I was failing school. I was with my Mom and I just couldn't bring myself to say I was failing with my mother there.
Could that be the reason for a misdiagnosis, should I go back to that psych and explain the situation to him? or should I go get a second opinion?

My dad is really stubborn and is against pills of any kind. He insisted I stop taking escitalopram and kept bugging me until i stopped. Brother flunked out of college, uncle has never kept a job for more than 6 months. My family is a fucking mess, this is why I'm pretty sure I have "something", people have called me lazy and stupid in class since I was 11 but I always test better than almost everyone. I'm almost sure beyond a doubt I have some form of ADHD but everyone treats me like a junky trying to get a fix, or a hysterical woman or a lazy piece of shit.

It's not anxiety and depression you fucks it's perfectly normal to be sad/scared when you're failing at everything.

and then go to the fucking scam artists/victims that say you can get over anything with my magic diet/routine/book/nofap/stopgaming.

Jesus fuck, of course you can prevent heart disease by eating better and doing exercise, but you wouldn't tell a person having a heart attack to eat a fucking apple you mongs.

>I just couldn't bring myself to say I was failing with my mother there
Medication is more appropriate when a condition interferes with your life. Students often go off stims over the summer, for instance. It's important to mention these objective factors to your doctor, "I'm managing but uncomfortable" is markedly different than "I'm having a little trouble functioning."
Try to see doctors alone in the future, take advantage of confidentiality.
No reason you can't follow up with the same guy. Though diagnosis shopping isn't hard as long as you don't make it obvious

>>I can legitimize my egregious magical thinking
>nutrition and exercise consequences are magical
You can quote me with the same dumb ideas.
Typical frogtard.
>"Lifestyle changes"
Name it the way you want. OP wanted to get rid of his depression and anxiety.

I said him how I got rid of my anxiety and depression.

Also. There were some ideas who fucked with my progress back then. It's truly a battle if you literally are useless and didn't make any effort in your whole life.
Of course it affects it. Read some self-improvements books. (not the magical ones)
You replied to more than 3 persons did you know that for a chance?

>It's not anxiety and depression you fucks it's perfectly normal to be sad/scared when you're failing at everything.
Also this.
>and then go to the fucking scam artists/victims that say you can get over anything with my magic diet/routine/book/nofap/stopgaming.
I didn't say you would get over anything. I said you will feel better with yourself. If you actually make an effort for your own body everyday, you will actually have more confidence when socializing. But, there is no replacement for "work". There is no magical routine.

But, it is known that cardio promoves neurogenesis. Vegetables and fruits have antioxydants. Sugar rush is a daily fenomena in the 1st world countries. It fucks up your mood. And you don't want to get influenced and bothered by nothing, or you do?

I repeat. The routines will help you make it.

I literally avoided depression everytime I played dota or fapped back then. That were the moments when I actually got distracted and I didn't feel depression.

The problem: the diagnosis is made with the symptoms.
Most failures feel anxiety and depression. Are all of them paranoids or schizos?

>I want to agree with you but at what point do you draw the line.
Obviously the nature of the machinery generating a behavior plays in. I kind of fool myself into thinking this is implicit and I don't have to bluntly state that what I've said uniformly applies. ie, I don;t have to tell you a guy with his eyes ripped out can get his sight back with a better diet. The means don't exists, it's not how the human machine works, and it's too fucking obvious to bother saying.

>Do you think psychopaths could be cured with good diet and exercise
Depends. I think there exists two types of sociopathy. One can be said to be more mechanical in nature. For whatever reasons the brain is miswired, has some sort of damage or deficit, or bias, and it just works that way. The other is arguably more common, induced sociopathy. The sociopathic behavior is created and reinforced by environmental feedback loops or perceived necessity. Iteration occurs over time and it becomes more deeply solidified. The corporate world is a great example of this.

>what about schizoids?
As above. Same general deal, but I'd probably say a few thinks about the specific (multifaceted) basis that plays in.

>Good luck trying to convince a Paranoid to do anything you want him to do.
A paranoid is a machine. You need only find, or create, the means. There's a lot of ways to interface. The means might not be possible though. You can't know.

>You literally just redefined "lifestyle changes" to mean absolutely any intervention whatsoever that has an effect on the body so you wouldn't seem wrong.
No. I stated that a self maintaining internal feedback system, ie, a mechanical failure that must be drugged away, is an inane assertion and falling back on this is a form of magical thinking.

>A definition which -includes- taking SSRIs.
Which have been repeatedly shown to be barely better than placebo in all but the most extreme clinical cases. So yes... by that logic pumping yourself full of ketamine is a viable approach to reconciling your chronic pain. Lot of shit solutions for a given problem user, you need to choose the ones that get results, are meaningful, and pan out favorably long term. SSRIs are not that.

>I very, very obviously don't believe there is any such "magical mechanical failure"
Then don't operate on a logical framework that implicitly requires this assumption. You greatly overextend with no reasonable basis to do so.

>that has no physical basis
Oh, guess we're not on the same page afterall.
"Magical mechanical failure" doesn't refer to some immaterial and strange phenomena, it means you're myopic and treating a matter as though it exists in a vacuum, ignore what causes it to arise, ignoring how you can interact with it and its inputs, and ignoring how it fits into the bigger picture.

>go back to you fucking schizo
Little sponge keeps trying to act like it can think. D'aawww...
For what it's worth, if I initiating a re-education campaign it would put you along a very slow gradient of mind expansion. You very likely would never realize.

Hint, it's already happening ;^)

Lying to myself and lack of sleep help me overcome my anxiety/ depression. Where's the room for shit like that when you're so numb you can't feel anything anyway. Of course, the delirium and occasional hallucinations don't help.

How the fuck do you even give up vidya

I was able to do this by getting a shitty job that made me feel miserable and drained by the time I got home.

I then became a full time student and I'm back to being addicted to vidya games. Honestly, 2nd thing makes me feel better in life but does have a negative effect on my academics since I can not for the life of me balance the two.

>vidya
I also thought it was impossible. But I made myself feel bored when talking about WoW when it was Wotlk, so my little brother copy my mood when talking about Wow(boring).
So I noticed I could actually make me feel bored yawning and thinking about the "bad" side of the game; literally what happens with most "boring shit".

I used to play everyday when I could. Then I tried to cut it doing the method I told you and sometimes I played it. Finally I feel pretty bored when doing it.

I'm starting to feel fun more with my life than those games.

>How the fuck do you even give up vidya
You do this, by having better hobbies. For which you need money, which is why it generally happens to people after they get a job.
Forget people who tell you you don't need money to do fun stuff, they are either lying or retarded.
Like man, the amount of fun stuff you can do with cash, you wouldn't believe.

games have been pretty much shit since 2005, gave up gaming last year and I don't miss it since it was just a decade of disappointments

Not OP but I play retro stuff mainly. I've been on a Mega Man kick lately and some of the games are replayable as fuck. It's sad when I know I could be mastering something else but god damn... dying, respawning, repeat til I have mastered levels is addicting.

>mild aspergers

so in other words you're a fucking faker.

fuck off, fake autist.

>>nutrition and exercise consequences are magical
No, not what I'm implying. Claiming that nutrition and exercise will in themselves necessarily solve the problem we're discussing with such little information, however, is.
>No. I stated that a self maintaining internal feedback system, ie, a mechanical failure that must be drugged away, is an inane assertion
Yes you did, since that's nowhere near what I claimed
>Which have been repeatedly shown to be barely better than placebo in all but the most extreme clinical cases.
Irrelevant. Your definition objectively includes this activity
>Then don't operate on a logical framework that implicitly requires this assumption
I don't
> treating a matter as though it exists in a vacuum, ignore what causes it to arise, ignoring how you can interact with it and its inputs, and ignoring how it fits into the bigger picture
...Which is precisely what is meant by "no physical basis." The notions are equivalent
And I'm certainly not
Keep strawmanning
>Little sponge keeps trying to act like it can think. D'aawww...
>For what it's worth, if I initiating a re-education campaign it would put you along a very slow gradient of mind expansion. You very likely would never realize.
>Hint, it's already happening ;^)
Insults and condescension do not substitute for an argument that can hold water

lmao because autism is saa hot rite n0w

rawr XD

weird social stance to take user, kys

I second the shit out of this! Got diagnosed with ADD as a child and did just that. Went swimming twice a week for two hours per day and cut the vidya down to four hours per week (which was usually all spent on Sunday evening). Worked like a charm, managed to get the workload of two semesters done in one and I got my motivation and love for the subject back.
I also recommend quitting alcohol and weed completely and reducing cigarettes and caffeine as much as possible.

This. It's surprising how much lifestyle factors can make a difference

Why is it surprising?
You literally get affected everyday by how much did you sleep, if you are fit, if you eat fast food and never tried intermitent fasting, etc.

It's ridiculous thinking that your mind is independent from your body. Your brain is part of your body.

Fucking retards.

"I didn't expect the effect would be this big" is NOT THE SAME as "I expected there would be absolutely no effect."

Fucking retard.

drinking is fucking evil, i had a huge prblem, quit and relapsed to over a gallon of liquor a week and i just quit again. it made it hard to sleep, i kept feeling nervous, i did no work, and i kept fucking everything in my life up. feels good at first then pain overtakes it. i have no self control at all so i try to be straightedge

>this big
I don't regret nothing.

Suck my dick, dumbass.

This. Including the "fucking retards" part.

People assume the body is more durable and self regulating than it is, and the assumption then follows that they can do next to nothing and pound their body full of garbage every day, and their body will just do its homeostasis magic.

It's a disjointed mess of a perspective, and no one over the age of 19 has any excuse to have not yet grown out of it. Think both micro and macro, you fuckheads.

They won't.

They will keep eating a hamburger and complain about "muh freedom" when the advertisements the media and the politicians are manipulating their "freedom" every second.

How can one human be free if all he does is following his primitive instincts orders?

If you can't concentrate on your studies, it means you don't enjoy them.
Switch to something else like English.

>I stopped playing mobas and Pokemon and now I'm healthy.

I'm fucking sorry? What?

Do you have any question?

Forget that 'do what you love or drop it' crap.
Learn to knuckle down on stuff even if (and especially if) it doesn't particularly grab you.
The world gets taken over daily by people who do what's necessary, not by the people who do what appeals to them today.

how
>asking for a friend ;^)

How what?

>depression and anxiety
Man that suck thats the typical cop out response from doctors, half the fucking time its the adhd causing it not the other way around.

>Google adhd symptoms
>plan doctors visit
>dont be retarded
Niggas will still ask for adderall by name

Starving myself and working at the library kinda works for me, I can concentrate for one hour or so

I have recently been diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. I have a PhD in Physics, I managed it without any medication since I didn't know. It's possible to do well although I felt I had to put much more work in than my peers did

who is this erection confection

my 13 yr old sister, why ?

You be older than 12 years old.

You'll get there some day kid.

They won't. You have to move your ass from the PC first.