Woah

woah

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo
slatestarcodex.com/2015/04/21/universal-love-said-the-cactus-person/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

really makes you think

>mfw trying DMT and the machine elves explained to me how each human brain contains its own universe
>mfw the many worlds interpretation is real

To turn this shitthread into a good thread: What is Veeky Forums's opinion on the idea that we may be to the world as neurons are to our brain? Could we be "part" of a consciousness?

the entire universe is a consciousness inside of another brain. that's what the machine elves told me, it's difficult to understand if they've never visited you.

I don't think that it's necessarily always been true in some cosmic sense, but boy this universe sure allows us to build telecoms networks at many different levels of technology and boy are we making it true these days

what does a machine elf look like

kind of like this but very colorful and it looks symmetrical no matter which way you look at it

What the fuck is this thread?

Please find a better representation from the available collection of pictures drawn by experienced psychonauts.

The DMT I ordered arrived today

Question everything

this one is decent, but the face should be where the people sit. it's also missing the elf hat

Where did you ordered it from?

imo machine elves are a red herring, a trick God is playing on you for choosing to smoke drugs. machine elves are not real.

Like this?

The number of minds in the universe is 1

I honestly hate this sensationalised image. You brainlets who are amazed by this sounds identical to the retard christians who go mental over laminin because someone once drew it looking like a cross.

For starters, the images don't actually look much alike at all. Secondly, it takes a proper moron to be this taken in by the pretty colours that are similar. If it was a different astrocyte and a different filter then even this passing resemblance would disappear.

keep this shit off my Veeky Forums

>triggered

hahaha what the fuck

hi Lori

I don't think there should be something inherently wrong with liking beautiful things.

I think there is a sort of collective consciousness that contains every thought created by the many neural networks of the many brains. What I mean by collective consciousness is that every philosophy, idea, feeling, perception, introspection, etc. are all filed into the extensive data bank of mere existence. Another thing filed into this data bank in a much broader sense is the inner workings of the cosmos which, much like consciousness, is still shrouded in mystery. If there is some master puppeteer creating this enigmatic universal dwelling to enact a timeless puppet show is beyond anything we could know. That being said, this complexity of existence ranging from a single particle to the entirety of creation are connected in that by simply being, the greatest conceivable happening has transpired aka the dawn of time (and everything before the dawn of time).

Literally the very first thing that came to my mind when I saw the thread in the catalog. Seeing that it also was the first post in this thread gave me a really satisfying feeling. My brain has successfully adapted to the Veeky Forums ecosystem.

Really causes my neural cells to depolarize by opening gated channels in the membrane and passively diffusing potassium ions out of the cytoplasm down its concentration gradient leading to a sequence of action potentials to stimulate in accord with long term potentiation pathways developed through the release of seratonin at key moments of sensory input.

cute!

oh man i need to know what this image is / where it came from

I thought about a line from the speech in the great dictator.
"The kingdom of God is within man
not one man
not one man or a group of men
but in all men
in you"

youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo

It's an illustration of a being from H.P. Lovecrafts books.

Fuck you man. It's the specific pattern of exponential growth driven by quantum randomness. The universe is basically a fractal. Self similar up to a point due to chance.

fuckin oath
/thread

What does Veeky Forums really think about this though? Coincidence?

Why?

Nice

Go to bed, Terrence.

we are but neutrons in some titanic being

i want to fuck it

of course you do

Yup coincidence. In one image it's just gravity that is the force. It's actually a simple process that you can run on your computer easily and end up with the same result. As a computer scientist I actually know how to do this, it's called a Barnes-Hut simulation which takes 20 minutes to implement. A neuron however is much more complex as it involves chemical processes and it's a simulation which you could not actually run on your computer and end up with a functional neuron. On another note there is an interesting universality in the universe related to fractals and that's the Feigenbaum ratio. Most systems that have nonlinear dynamics have this ratio built into it, and it has already appeared in quantum mechanics before. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on cosmic scales as well.

>just gravity that is the force

Just gravity that is responsible for the large scale structure yes. Go write yourself a Barnes-Hut sim with nothing but gravity as a force and see for yourself.

>being this retarded
OP's picture is literally from a computer simulation of how gravity shapes the universe at large scales.

wtf I love the universe and brain cells now

Gravity is and never has been a force, that is why you are being made fun of. And you dont even realize it.

>hehehe newton was wrong
>lmao they probably havent even heard about GR
>losers probably dont even kno what a tensor is XD
>they probably even "belive" in thermodynamics. I use schr;dingers equation for each particle seprately XDDDD

Gravity as a force in this context is perfectly fine. Why dont you run your own simulations by calculating geodesics and show us how much better results you have :)

Otherwise kys

No. OP's pictures is, literally, something he found on the internet after being copied an unknown multiple number of times and originally sourced from a computer simulation before being published in an peer reviewed journal.

literally.

Patterns in a brain cell and patterns in the universe are both naturally created patterns and are part of the same thing. Why does it surprise you? It's really like being surprised that round things look round throughout the universe. Don't let shower thoughts get in the way of true thoughts about this universe.

Leave "the 5th dimension manifests itself and is apparent in the patterns matter creates and on the surface of textures" stuff in /x/. It's neat and a lot of things there could theoretically be possible or real, but it doesn't mean you need to be so focused on such a leap. Do you need to make this comparison? Look at this image. I don't need to immediately make the comparison of that and a brain cell, this is beautiful in it's own way. And the science of it is beautiful, not nihlistic.

From what I understand, it's a felony where personal liberties are considered a joke so there's no way someone could order it. I heard you can order a kit legally and put it together to make an ayahuasca brew but I don't know how that's possible either.

>a structure which purpose is to reflect the universe resembles the universe
mind BLOWN

>reee I don't like something that discusses huge scientific discovery because it's already been used by christians to try to prove christian things
grow a pair

He's just upset because some christians triggered him with that image previously. PTSD is a serious thing user.

Has this troll thread been posted so often that no one cares to point out that we dont know what the universe looks like, and thats just a fictional art.

slatestarcodex.com/2015/04/21/universal-love-said-the-cactus-person/

Is it from shadow out of time? Arent they described as being pyramidal?

What in this picture consitutes a huge scientific discovery? This picture is trying to force a similarity between two pictures which do not represent similar structures. If you think this is a discovery then you are in the wrong place.

Go and have your 'discussion' with another individual who is as equally subject to manipulation and bias.

Mine looked more like Grey Ayylmaos

if string theory is correct, machine elves could exist in the 5th dimension

Came here to post this