HOLY SHIT!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!

AYYLIENS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-hold-media-call-on-evidence-of-surprising-activity-on-europa

Other urls found in this thread:

spacenews.com/europa-mission-planning-for-possible-budget-cuts-in-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=teBV0EoJJY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are they short on funding again?

>surprising evidence of activity that may be related to the presence of a subsurface ocean on Europa

Cant see the surprise

maybe there isnt any evidence of subsurface oceans

breaking news, it's orbiting saturn instead

More NASA overhyped bullshit. Grand announcements, minimal substance. How do people still fall for these baits I don't know

Its almost as if actual scientists and AAYLMAAAO-retards have a different idea of what "interesting and exiting" means. I can still remember the fucking cringe from New Horizons-data
>holy shit look at this, so cool
>AAY?
>no-no, but look at these mountains and sign of geological activity. we never knew it could be here
>so....AAAY?
>wtf, no?
>NASA booooo, boring shit and hiding AAYYY NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER BOOO

Never fucking fails

Europa is such a slut. First Zeus, then she hopped on Jupiter's dick, now she want some of that time cock.

It's probably a repeat observation of the subsurface ocean plumes that Hubble saw in 2012.

Sorry user. NASA holds press conferences like this all the time. They are always about geological and atmospheric shit.

/thread

Actual scientists don't get their news via twitter feeds. They publish in journals, and if a discovery is really that important, it makes it to Nature. This is just another pointless PR operation by NASA. You only make announcements like that when things get really, really relevant. CERN making the first detection of the Higgs boson for instance. But with NASA, every semi-important paper, one that'll get ~100 citations long-term, is worth shouting atop all roofs that NASA made this or that, and dumb people like you will buy it because "it's NASA".

Actual scientists are tired of this crap. The press always comes to us asking questions and then we have to debunk the importance of the discovery.

election year. shit gets hyped up.

This. Nasa is happy because of the poor folk continue to love them and the clickbait press is happy because it keeps that sweet ad revenue flowing. That's journalism these days, better get used to it. Nasa is really not the only one doing this, but as a presumably top-tier scientific institution, it's particularly shameful.

Spot-on

spacenews.com/europa-mission-planning-for-possible-budget-cuts-in-2017/

much simpler than that.

space is a fraud. no such thing.

Well consider me spooked

Why are you all so bitter and cynical?

They spent too much time on /pol/

Critical != cynical

(although one may lead to the other, but I don't feel it's the case here)

Stop quoting everyone.

They named a planet what Adolf Hitler wanted to rename Earth after receiving through WWII? That is one Nazi planet without aliens.

My friend works at nasa and if you knew what they put those poor guys through to get funding you wouldn't mock them. They have literally the worst technology on earth and their development contracts are always won by lockheed and martin who design purposely failing junk to string the contracts along. Plus we live in an age of plebisn zombies that cant understand the worthiness of scientific achievement unless it makes them cum or displays a picture of their face somewhere, so they have that cross to bear also. Give them a break, they're on our /sci de...

Where the hell are the Alien Nazi Neinth Reich? Now in my town they live in houses waiting to contact mother Russia.

2 words: active venting

They may have found active geysers on europa. This is about the only thing I'd expect them to find using the hubble other than finding that europa wobbles funny.

Fucking Monolith stirring up shit again.

something to do with hubble images huh. maybe they lucked out and got a crack opening up on camera or something, revealing something of the ocean underneath.

Shit like that just pisses me off. Couldn't we just appreciate the fact that we'd sent a probe to visit one of the most distant bodies in our solar system and found things we'd never be able to imagine? No, it's always fucking aliens with people.

Fuck you all, I want to believe.

>proof of liquid water on Europa
>not a big deal

HOLLY FUCkING SHIT ALIENS

Lmao everyone thinks it's aliens. It's aliens.

>Plus we live in an age of plebisn zombies that cant understand the worthiness of scientific achievement unless it makes them cum or displays a picture of their face somewhere,

lol

>I want to believe
Can you even tell me why?

Karen Carpenter was right once again
youtube.com/watch?v=teBV0EoJJY8

thought of being alone in the Universe is scarier than ayy lmaos.

Also, its only a matter of time. They probably already are among us.

>Surprising Activity
Been there done that. At most it's gonna be some dried out mineral deposits that indicates there was sum shit in the past.

Nasa always does this. They say they're gonna announce some significant geologic finding give it a vague title so everyone assumes its aliumz.

Just accept the fact that we're gonna be forever alone already.

Zeus and Jupiter are the same God, ya atheistic bloke.

:^(

exactly

Did you even read the link? They say there might be subsurface ocean on Europe. Not exactly related to Aliens yet. While liquid water is a very usefull thing for life, it doesn't imply life.

Where there's water there's aliens, NASA told me so.

There's no extraterrestrial life on Earth

NASAfag BTFO.

man you really missed the joke there didntja bud

that was egregiously unfunny

You gonna die bitch who cares if we are alone or no

fucking kek, best debunk I've ever seen

>might be subsurface ocean
Who is there still who knows the slightest shit about Europa and doesn't already think that?

>most definitive evidence yet
>not a big deal

inb4 evidence of water again and again

nice try, panspermia denier

Probably liquid water ? Would be awesome.

Spot the retard

>short on funding
only since 1975

>I don't feel
stop it

Y'all bitch whenever NASA tries to make space interesting for the public yet wonder why space exploration never gets much funding. Just go along with it, if enough people believe that there's aliens on Europa then a rover will get funded. Otherwise the taxpayer is never going to fund a robot to collect rocks and take pretty pictures a billion kilometers away.

The fuck happened in 1990?

>so everyone assumes its aliumz
*everyone who is a retard

Some weird mineral stuff which might indicate life, or a subsurface ocean is my pick.

Confirmation of life (likely microbial/fungal) would be sweet as fuck but the stuff they have in orbit isn't really built to look at a bacteria's cock.

They reopened the X-files.

holy shit I cant believe nasa discovered more moist rocks what a surprise

id love to see a comparison of the chinese and russian space program budgets compared to nasa, you americucks are gonna be so demoralised when china or russia lands a man on mars or returns to the moon

More like
>found a cool looking ice volcano that looks like a dickbutt AMA reddit!!!

NASA's budget still dwarfs all other space programs combined last I checked.

China spends $1billion a year and Russia spends $2.9billion a year.

NASA's budget is $20billion

With that logic, we all should just drop dead now and never go try to learn or do anything.

no offense but didn't we find out about bacteria on mars a while ago................

Russia collapsed. The cold war was over. The MIC thought they might start another space exploration gold rush, but it didn't take
Lockheed went back to designing drones

Stop lying you attention whoring useless piece of shit

eukaryote & protists have been found on other planets for a while now user, catch up!

no, they haven't.

but if you'd like to cite something

carbon footprints are enough evidence! carbon = life, remember?

that is still quite a stretch; without a concrete direct sample you can kiss those footprints goodbye. And you could provide some actual quotation for your claims

dam this hit hard

>lockheed and martin who design purposely failing junk
I thought they did a pretty awesome financially extractive project with the so called F-35.

No evidence yet.

HOLY SHIT
LAST TIME THEY DID THIS
THEY FOUND WHAT AMMOUNTS TO WET SALT ON MARS

it was clearly an alien salt mine, how could salt just be lying there???

AYYS TOMORROW!!!!!

Lakes.

they found an apple tree apparently

Can't wait for the Europan refugees to come and enrich our planet, we must open our borders for them, why should they freeze to death when there is so much unused room in the Mediterranean? WE WUZ WHALEZ N SHIET

>ywn have a qt3.14 european mermaid gf

Why even live?

Why do you even pretend to know anything about classical mythology?

this board sucks ass holy shit. Hopefully none of you will work in aeronautics

The future is in the East.

I'm not Eastern, but I love me some Eastern peoples.

>lockheed and martin
Lockheed AND martin?? Are you shitting me??

To be fair, we have all been bred and trained from birth to only care about whatever makes us cum because supposedly that's what makes our economy so powerful. (We will see what China does and then hopefully that whole thing will be proved wrong.)

What's with the cgi in that pic?

I already do

the real thing looks very nice as well desu

>The future is in the East.
Yes. But not the way you think.

Cover this - pic related.

pls explain

Positioned at the limb of the moon
- you are in the radio noise shadow from the Earth
- you can make a 380000 km long baseline which alone completely hammers the resolution you can obtain with optics on Earth
With the lower gravity of the Moon
- you can make a gigantic structure without the whole thing collapsing
-- which in turns allow you to focus much longer wavelengths
- taller structures allow for finely adjusted focus
- a larger focus allows for using large dipole arrays so you can form images
The Moon does not appear to have any problematic natural noise sources which allows for excellent signal to noise ratios you can only dream of on Earth (Arecibo has problems with a nearby military radar system)
You can co-situate suspended dipoles for even longer wavelengths
You can co-locate other arrays

No zoning problems (Hawaii has problems with native religious groups)

Looking into new parts of the electromagnetic spectrum is always promising for entirely new discoveries which will wet the appetite of most astronomers.