Which edition of pic related?

Subject says it all. I lost my old copy and was wondering if anyone who read the super long version could attest to it being good.
Also i know damn well that you cuckolds have read it, it's fantastic, so let's skip the t. genre pleb comments.

Other urls found in this thread:

foliosociety.com/book/DFH/dune-frank-herbert
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The SF Masterworks edition from Gollancz is a bog standard hardback, but that makes it more durable than any paperback. It can also be found cheaply, and I like the cover, pic related.

That black one with a bit of desert on it.

Reading this one now because it was cheap

Didn't know SF Masterworks had put out a copy - i'll probably get that, i've got a couple of other books from the same set.

Is nobody else going to point out to OP that there is no "super long version" of Dune? It doesn't exist. Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, sure. King's The Stand, sure. Dune, no. One version only. Herbert first published two short SF novels, serialised in Analog Science Fact & Fiction, combined them into Dune, and got rejected a hundred times or so.

I did wonder whether he was referring to something from Reader's Digest that I wasn't aware of.

An abridged version could conceivably be better. I would get rid of the songs for one thing.

>Herbert first published two short SF novels
Intredasting. Were they the first part and a sequel, or something less obvious than that?

I can't remember any songs. Are you kidding? Or is OP somehow... right?

What should I read first, Dune or the Foundation trilogy?

Dune

Reading foundation is faster, and they are amazing books. First dune on the other hand blows every other sf away.

I have that edition, sucks because I went to a book fair and got old 80s copies of the sequels with all the awesome cover art, and now that one looks bland as fuck.

Don't read that pile of shit.

Fuck you nigger that's cool. Where the fuck do I get one?

>Hear people praise how good Dune is
>Begin to want to read Dune
>Look it up on Goodreads
>Learn it's part of some series spanning 8 fucking books

Fuck that shit, who has the time for all this shit, fuck any series that contains like more than 3 books.

>the Avalon Hill board game
takes longer to get through than the book lol

Fans of the series basically disown all but the first three or so though (the ones by Herbert himself being the only accepted ones, not the ones with his son involved)

Also really here have this

foliosociety.com/book/DFH/dune-frank-herbert

>US $125.00

Oh.

the SF masterworks epub of "A Case of Conscience" by James Blish is missing about six pages.

>Intredasting. Were they the first part and a sequel, or something less obvious than that?

read Dune Genesis. they were the first part of a longer work which eventually encompassed Dune, Dune Messiah and Children of Dune. he had the whole thing plotted out that far before he started.

Read Dune and Dune Messiah (which is basically an epilogue to Paul's life).
Then stop if you're not interested. I usually agree with you on long fantasy series, but really there's no reason to read all this shit that happens later.

Frank Herbert wrote at least five, yo.

Where's OP gone? I think Veeky Forums needs an explanation about what the hell this 'super long version' is.

Yeah, those are the covers to have. I remember seeing them in the school library and being blown away.

first one is all you need. if you want more, try the second one. if you still want more, you must not stop until you finish the fourth one. 5 and 6 is basically a new story, and all the others are dragonlance tier.

I'm reading the same one, Half Price books got a ton and they are like 4.99 brand new, not used, fresh from the publisher. It is awful. There are so many grammar and spelling typos, but nothing so as to hinder my understanding. I just catch them all the time. It is probably the laziest edited book I've ever read. For 4.99 though it was kind of worth it, as it's not Walt Whitman or something.