What is it like to have an IQ of 85?

What is it like to have an IQ of 85?

If you attended a selective school (public or private) and attended an elite university before going into a professional career, it's quite possible that you have never had a good friend - or even more than an acquaintance - with an IQ of 85. You may meet them in passing; they might be serving you in a fast food restaurant or cleaning the halls outside the library at Harvard, but you're not really interacting with them. You don't get to know them.

What are they actually like in terms of their thinking?

When they are presented with something like a Presidential election, how do they decide which candidate (if any) to vote for?

When they see something happen like a rocket landing on a barge or CRISPR being used to edit genes, what do they think?

When they look at people in life who are richer or happier than them, what do they make of it? Why do they think it happens?

And do they know about their intellectual limits - and, if so, how do they feel about them? I would imagine that they feel quite bitter; like you might feel if you ended up being 5ft 2" or having a 4" penis.

Do they yearn to be more intelligent? Do they hope that one day there will be some scientific advance that will make them more like the doctors, lawyers and scientists they see in the media?

Or are they happy as they are?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22998852
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Met plenty of them during my blue-collar internship.
Goddam they were fucking boring. Mature men who cared about nothing but the latest football results and big cars.

I'm not reading all that shit.

They think they are smarter than everybody.

>When they are presented with something like a Presidential election, how do they decide which candidate (if any) to vote for?

Usually by emotion. They are also the most vocal supporters, sharing pro-(insert name) content on Facebook.

>When they see something happen like a rocket landing on a barge or CRISPR being used to edit genes, what do they think?

Amazement, but normie memes, celebrities, and sports news are way cooler for them.

>When they look at people in life who are richer or happier than them, what do they make of it? Why do they think it happens?

They think that they are just lucky.

>And do they know about their intellectual limits - and, if so, how do they feel about them? I would imagine that they feel quite bitter; like you might feel if you ended up being 5ft 2" or having a 4" penis.

Sometimes, but they say that God made them that so the bitterness usually goes away quickly.

>Do they yearn to be more intelligent? Do they hope that one day there will be some scientific advance that will make them more like the doctors, lawyers and scientists they see in the media?

Well, everybody wants to rule the world.

>Or are they happy as they are?

Ignorance is bliss. They are definitely happier than intelligent people.

I consistently score 90 on iq tests let me tell you it's a shit existence.

>Ignorance is bliss. They are definitely happier than intelligent people.

Not according to many studies.

e.g.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22998852
>Happiness is significantly associated with IQ. Those in the lowest IQ range (70-99) reported the lowest levels of happiness compared with the highest IQ group (120-129). Mediation analysis using the continuous IQ variable found dependency in activities of daily living, income, health and neurotic symptoms were strong mediators of the relationship, as they reduced the association between happiness and IQ by 50%.

>Happiness is significantly associated with IQ.
>sad all the time
Fuck

I was in juvenile detention for 8 months with a kid who had an IQ of 53.
He always smelled like cum because he jacked off constantly in his cell.
He would search through all the books we had just to find one with like pictures of people in africa, cause there was usually a couple pygmy titties in there. He never actually read anything. During downtime, in our cells, everyone read except for him. Anytime you looked out your window he was always standing at his with a shit eating grin on his face.
We had memes in juvie, believe it or not, and most of them came from him. Shit he would say would make us laugh and it just got repeated.
He used to go "pssshhh u fuckin retawded" and we all tried not to piss ourselves. He had no idea he was special and he always had fun/wanted to have fun with people. If you didnt accept him he hated you until you did, then he was your best friend. He liked making fun of us and we would make fun of him too. He had a huge chin we used to say he was from Chincinatti Ohio, and we called him the Crimson Chin(from fairly oddparents)

ahahah good times

>130 for chemist
>123 iqlet studying chemical engineering
Will i ever make it Veeky Forums?

Real life lore

This is actually sad out society puts people in jail like this just to absorb tax dollars and fund the militarized police state. Your post horrified me man

Yea, it was basically foster purgatory, as it is for a lot of mentally retarded minors. Usually the mother was a drug addict, so the kid is retarded and acts up a lot and the foster parents cant handle him. He literally got 12 months in juvie because he stole CDs from his teacher and hit his step-dad on the hand with a spoon, and his step-dad pressed charges. I felt bad for the poor kid, but trust me man we treated him like a king. He had a better time there than he would've going from foster home to foster home.
Man, I wonder what hes doing right now

Who do people with IQ 130+ vote for president?

Clinton, unironically

Centrist left parties usually.

what does 'yours to lose' mean?

'uphill battle' detected

I feel like that might be because people with IQ's in the lower group will generally fall below the poverty line, driving happiness lower and causing more mental health problems.

they swing

I believe it. Want to justify it?

The answer to most all of your questions is "depends on their personality".

There is very little you can infer about someone based solely on their IQ score.

A dumb fuck might find politics and science damn well interesting without having much understanding/while taking an usually long time to understand, or they just won't give a flying fuck and focus on pop culture, or their brain will be focused on other things entirely. The exact same thing is true with someone of high intelligence, they're just more likely to wrap their head around the information they absorb (assuming their brain is able to understand whatever specific kind of information they might be learning, of course).

You can have a high IQ and still be an ignoramus.
You can have a low IQ and be considered smart.

>ignorance is bliss
Worked in a Goodwill store for several years, and our store did have about a dozen mentally handicapped workers doing menial task; these workers were known as "consumers". There were consumers who seemed perfectly content, other you couldn't tell how they felt about their life, and then there were consumers who always had a shadow of frustrated unhappiness about them even when they were happy about something.
Ignorance isn't always bliss.

There was a blog i used to read that would correlate how people felt about certain issues and their IQ, I'm trying to find it as we speak but not having much luck which is a shame as it was damn interesting and appeared to be methodologically sound. The gist of it was that the more intelligent a person is the more left-leaning they are up too a point at which they start to go back towards the centre.
Moderately intelligent people were more likely to be commies but very intelligent people are more likely to be moderate left.

I'll keep trying to find it and let you know if i do.

>We can measure happiness precisely across vastly different people

*to

We can get a good idea and it contradicts the claim that "ignorance is bliss".
If you've got a problem with the methodology point it out rather than saying the equivalent of "hurr durr, this is flawed and therefore worthless" without suggesting a better alternative.

I took a test in middle school and instead of a score they gave my parents a percentile/z-score of almost 2. What are the chances that I scored 70 brainlet vs 130 near genius?

half-serious, pls answr

100%

Nah you're right. I don't care enough about this to read into it and draw an argument. I just won't comment on it anymore.

Sub 100 IQ depressed person confirmed.

Depends on how good are you at math

I would say /b/ is a good place to see how these people are

[citation needed]

Assblasted brainlet detected

My jimmies remain thoroughly unrustled.

She's not Trump

source : my ass

Did you test them all for their IQ?
How would IQ levels coincide with personal interests?

Leftists. and people with 160+ IQ vote for Trump.

>/k/
>smart

>this level of delusion
Go back to 8gag brainlet

Depends, they generally don't register as a party member. If they do it's because they really believe in a single issue (republican if you have money and don't want those dumbass Bernie Sanders taxes or democrat if they're really feeling humanitarian). More intelligent people tend to be less religious, and therefore not tied to conservative social policy (opposing gay marriage, abortion, etc.) and being scientifically literate (not claiming climate change is a hoax for instance). That usually keeps them from the right (at least nowadays because of those damned evangelicals) unless they are wealthy and enjoy republican economic policy (my family). They also tend not to go far left, but would support more centrist politicians. Given the perception they'd probably be more likely to support Clinton (though, honestly, Trump isn't as radical as people claim, he's actually more moderate than Cruz or Kasich), or vote third party (Johnson, not Stein).

that's 125-135. You're only 2 points off but apparently you can't read graphs so I'm gonna say no.

sorry, your IQ is not high enough for me to bother with your post

I'm voting Trump, leftism is cancer.

If the z score was 2, then you would have a score of 130 (assuming standard deviation is 15, which is typical). II'm not super sure that I believe you given than you don't know what a z-score is, though.

Some do, but most don't. I bet that this group votes third party at a higher rate than anyone else, though. Obviously not for Jill Stein, she's an anti-science hippy shill.

>still reply
Nice one trumplet

Stay in your loser corner brony sanders fan. We don't wanna hear you cry.

Sure trumplet. Whatever makes you sleep quiet.

>2679▶
>File: 1470253841178.jpg (410 KB, 2000x2000)
> (OP)
>I would say /b/ is a good place to see how these people are

>"You should always concede your point if talking to someone more intellectually privileged than yourself"

>"If you hail from a board under the weighted average, please refrain from making posts about the above topics entirely"

>implying that people with higher IQs are always right
>implying that people with lower IQs are always wrong
>being this fucking stupid

I've never seen that chart, but that's one dumb fucking chart.

Read that first post you responded to again.

All you motherfuckers talk like you're better than them. IQ only makes a small difference in your life. It determines how you process information, not how smart you are. 85 is rather low so they are bound to think more impulsively than logically. But that doesn't mean they don't have drive or ambition.

I've seen lazy white trash geniuses and I've seen dedicated upstanding idiots.

tl;dr
Your IQ influences your Class, it doesn't define it.

Brainlet

who's the guy at 220

me

Trump

>What is it like to have an IQ of 85?

Blissful unawareness. They even make posts asking what it's like to have an IQ of 85.

John von Neumann, likely the smartest person to ever live.

>progressivism is cancer

FTFY. There nothing wrong with regular leftism, but progressivism is cancer. It's authoritarian by its very nature, and will destroy Western Civilization if given the chance.

>Aristotle iq of 200

Negro please.