What would happen if sun, made of ice, collides with normal sun which is made of lava...

What would happen if sun, made of ice, collides with normal sun which is made of lava? Total temperature of sun made of ice would be -1000C and normal suns temperature would be +1000C.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=sun lava ice&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off.

They cancel each other out to get 0 degrees, which is still frozen. So you would still have a sun made of ice.

The combine to form a sun with the properties of both lava and ice at 0 degrees, aka a Rock Sun

aka... EARTH!!!

The two objects would merge and cancel each other out creating a blachkhole of 0 degrees

THE
CLASSIC
DEBATE

They'd pass right through each other. prove me wrong.

>sun made of ice
> -1000C
Jesus christ your retarded

a = e^2 / 4pi

>your
i wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch user haha

Pretty sure something the volume of the sun with the density of ice would be a black hole.

>-1000C.
Please go back to middle school.

>OP is "just pretending to be retarded"
I'll still bite.
1. There's no such thing as "-1000 degrees celsius". Absolute zero is about -273 degrees celsius and that's it. Let's imagine the "ice sun" has a temperature of close to 0K impractical, i.e. -273°C.
2. Let's assume they have the same mass. Lava is more dense than water ice, but you didn't specify how much sun there is, so fuck off.
3. Let's assume the ice sun is water ice, and the lava sun is actually lava (i.e. molten rock). Let's further assume it's made of granite, which has a heat capacity of around 900 J/(kg*K).
4. The first thing the lava sun would do is heat the ice sun. Since the heat capacity of water is 4200 J/(kg*K), this requires Q = 4200 J/(kg*K)*m*273K = 1146600 J/kg * m.
5. We don't know m, but we don't have to. The melting temperature of granite is about 650°C in the presence of water and pressure. Let's assume we have enough pressure for this.
6. Before it solidifies, the cooling granite will give off Q = 900 J/(kg*K)*350K*m = 315000*m joules.
7. Upon solidifying, the granite will give off another Q = 420000 J/kg*m of heat.
8. We now have solid, hot rock and barely melting water ice: We're still 411600 J/kg*m shy. Our hot rock will continue to heat the water by giving off 411600*m joules, lowering its temperature by another T = Q/(m*c) = 411600*m J/(m * 900 J/(K*kg)) = 457,3 K.
9. We're left with water ice at 273K (melting point) and our warm rock at 192,7°C (or 466K). Now we're going to use our excess heat to melt the ice. We need 333500 J/kg*m to melt it all, but our warm rock will only give off Q = 192,7K * 900 J/(kg*K) * m = 173430 J * m before it reaches 0°C. That is not enough to melt all the ice; actually, it's only enough to melt about half the ice.

So, soon after your ice and lava sun collide, you are left with a half-molten ice sun and a ball of cold rock, both at 0°C.

The sun is denser than water, let alone water ice.

Finally, someone who gives a proper answer.

New frozen lava sun

I would count your iQ with my fingers

>Falling for a meme
Here is a look at the archive
warosu.org/sci/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=sun lava ice&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

So what's your point?

Just cause it's Veeky Forums doesn't mean we can't have a bit of fun

Autism

what about the heat created in the impact?

Nice stale copy paste m8
No one's seen this before
It's so funny

How can you be this new?

one of the oldest, most repeated and idiotic troll posts on the board and moderators take no action

And it gets a bunch of newfags every single time

and yet every thread has people who fall for it

What would happen if a blackhole, collides with whitehole? Total lumens of the blackhole would be -1000lm and whiteholes brightness would be +1000lm.

Nice!

Your brain would implode from the autism and retardation.

the earth was created when a small lava and a small ice sun collided

What about the gravitational colapse...
The whole thing would just explode. Without the heat of sustained fusion, the big rock/ice ball would just contract and contract, heating up in the process and accelerating towards the center. The thing is, rock is not exactly fusion friendly so it would continue to head and compress, probably until electron degenerancy pressure set in. At this point compression would stop and the incoming upper layers would just smash against the core, the water hammer like effect would heat everything to a couple of million degrees, and the rebound would just break everything apart.

> - 1000 deg C

see /this and /this and /this

Man, this ignorance on isn't funny any more.

>using liquid water Cp for ice and Cp of solid granite for lava.

I know you're joking and all, but keep in mind that the heat capacity of a liquid is not typically the same as the Cp of a solid.

sigh.....