Earth is in fact flat

>Step 1. Earth is flat.
Educate yourselves you mongs.
Mainstream science is no better than religion.
Research things for yourself!

atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html

>Inb4 shills claim bait

For every valid proof of the nature of the Earth, there are at least 200 invalid proofs.
Step 1. Look at that article.

QED

If you accept SR and that photons can have frames of reference, the Earth is flat for nearly all observers.

>planes taking longer routes

Please write to them for us. Gl op.

If Earth was a ball there are several flights in the Southern hemisphere which would have their quickest, straightest path over the Antarctic continent such as Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia. Instead of taking the shortest, quickest route in a straight line over Antarctica, all such flights detour all manner of directions away from Antarctica instead claiming the temperatures too cold for airplane travel! Considering the fact that there are plenty of flights to/from/over Antarctica, and NASA claims to have technology keeping them in conditions far colder (and far hotter) than any experienced on Earth, such an excuse is clearly just an excuse, and these flights aren’t made because they are impossible.

If Earth was a ball, and Antarctica was too cold to fly over, the only logical way to fly from Sydney to Santiago would be a straight shot over the Pacific staying in the Southern hemisphere the entire way. Re-fueling could be done in New Zealand or other Southern hemisphere destinations along the way if absolutely necessary. In actual fact, however, Santiago-Sydney flights go into the Northern hemisphere making stop-overs at LAX and other North American airports before continuing back down to the Southern hemisphere. Such ridiculously wayward detours make no sense on the globe but make perfect sense and form nearly straight lines when shown on a flat Earth map.

On a ball-Earth, Johannesburg, South Africa to Perth, Australia should be a straight shot over the Indian Ocean with convenient re-fueling possibilities on Mauritus or Madagascar. In actual practice, however, most Johannesburg to Perth flights curiously stop over either in Dubai, Hong Kong or Malaysia all of which make no sense on the ball, but are completely understandable when mapped on a flat Earth.

Gtfo u mong

mercator projection & rotation of the earth.

they also form nearly straight lines when viewed on a globe

Does no one understand how fucking flight paths work? All you fucking morons arguing over round and flat paths don't even know how planes mane their course.

This is because:

a) not enough demand
b) planes are required to be 3 hours from an airport at all times
c) while it's true that no regular flight routes exist across these lines, multiple well documented flights have used similar routes to cross the south pole to another continent.

Not because:

d) the Earth is actually flat and it's all a big conspiracy by NASA to make about $3.50 in profit

>32) If “gravity” is credited with being a force strong enough to hold the world’s oceans, buildings, people and atmosphere stuck to the surface of a rapidly spinning ball, then it is impossible for “gravity” to also simultaneously be weak enough to allow little birds, bugs, and planes to take-off and travel freely unabated in any direction.
Usually conspiracy crackpots at least make an effort to appear scientifically literate. This is just dumb. Is the site just satire?

better yet:
21) If the Earth were truly constantly spinning Eastwards at over 1000mph, helicopters and hot-air balloons should be able to simply hover over the surface of the Earth and wait for their destinations to come to them!

Have these fags gone through highschool? Do they not know of relative velocity?

I agree that the earth, modeled as a differentiable manifold, is locally flat.

your picture is even wrong.
1st: Earth is not a perfect sphere
2nd: Going around the world often means traveling horizontally, not vertically (if you cant understand that, its travel along the equator, not from the north towards the south pole and back)
3rd: if you were to compare the two "paths" in both pictures, the path should be from the middle of the flat earth towards antartica, wherever that might be on your map, and back towards the middle. Both are paths are completely different in the two pictures, so you cant compare them

I thought these baits only worked on /b/ and you guys were too smart to take it. I guess in the end all boards have the same IQ.

Explain the Coriolis effect then.

Because if it was flat, we would something completely different than what we do.

>it's all satire guys
yeah right just like the climate denialists don't really believe in it and /pol/ isn't really full of LARPing naziboos.

How does the sun ever set on a flat Earth? It would cause the same day/night times for the entire world and there wouldn't be time zones.

And how do you explain the fact that, for example, if a boat travels away from you, it appears to sink in to the water?

fuck off with this bullshit /x/ tier shitposting

time zones are because the sun is also flat and forms a perpendicular plane with the earth. it gyrates back and forth in a scanning fashion, because gravity is also flat. this is why quantum gravity is misunderstood, because it turns out complex numbers are flat. i call this "fettuccine theory" because strings are also flat. my ass is flat.

If the earth is flat, then where does my satellite TV come from?

>1st: Earth is not a perfect sphere
Earth is more spherical than a polished billiard ball.

Flat earth arguing seems to be a sci guilty pleasure.

We are reminded of the meme "Not sure if trolling...or just stupid"

But wait, there's no reason why it can't be both!

Why cant i see france if i stand on a mountain?
>hard mode
dont say its because i cant see that far because i can see the moon

hey man should I book you a ticket or...?

>France is the same size and reflects/gives off as much light as the Moon.

I'll take it.

>not understanding how light works

If the earth is flat, link a picture of the edge that overlooks space.

>that source