Creative writing masters student AMA

post: Hey guys, I'm a 23 year old from a well to do family completing his masters in creative writing AMA

Do you really think you'll get published?

And do you know of any success stories from your university ?

Bait
But if not, is it hell being a white male in an MFA? It was in mine, famalam.

no earing
no infinite jest on the shelf behind you
poor poor effort man

whats the male to female ratio in your particular program man?

Why do you look almost 30? Is the life of a shit writer so stressful?

My dad is rich and well connected so getting published isn't an issue.
One of my professors had a mildly successful erotic novel published and is working on the sequel now.

It's fine other than the fact that the girls make fun of my ears.

We're a small department. I'm the only guy but there's only three other girls.

Because I am almost 30.
:)

Tell us about a recent piece of writing you have considered or have actually sent to publishers or magazines

>not self-taught
>not in East Anglia
why?

23 isn't almost thirty. Just be thankful you aren't like le goblin.

If dubs post an excerpt of your writting

I don't know, I'm pretty sure this guy is what I imagined was waiting for me under the toll bridge every time I heard the story.
Those ears m8.

I wrote this one piece of fantasy that was about a female orc, Harga, that went on a journey with her magical friend a fairy, Twinkles, with an extra eye on the back of her head.
It wasn't that great but it's my best work.

Nigga looks like the one from Harry Potter.

what a fucking massive cuck look at this guy, read some hemingway and mishima and get a gym membership so you can start producing some quality stuff.

Why are you doing this AMA exactly, what did you think you or the rest of us would gain from this?

Have you ever had any big writers come and enlist you in one of those creative writing camps aimed at picking the best people to eventually churn out crap YA for bigger names?

How valuable do you think your degree will be really?

Idk I've always wanted to do an AMA. As for what you have to gain absolutely nothing. But thanks for stopping by.

Nope

About as valuable as any other degree nowadays.
Worthless.

Look at these weak ass replies

not OP, but I'm getting my B.A. in creative writing and honestly, it's not that interesting by itself. It's full of pretentious hacks who rely on edginess to guide them in creating their personal and professional identity.

I'm 27 and have been bald since I was 17 and people still mistake me for a minor