We need more women in stem. Coders are the most important scientists. A woman was the first programming...

We need more women in stem. Coders are the most important scientists. A woman was the first programming. Coders can change the world with program. Young girls change the coding. Programming women to change the coding. MIT, Stanford, women, programming. Java to end world hunger. Bisexual Muslim coder women learning to build computers. Africans use computers, ending world peace. Computer science is scientific engineering women.

madewithcode.com/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=HPP1&utm_campaign=change

Other urls found in this thread:

madewithcode.com/faqs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Checked out the website and picked code for equality. I was kinda expecting some themed programming challenges so I thought why not. Then...

>Coding
>Drag and drop UI

Well, I guess that explains why it is women who are 'coding for change' kappa

why did I laugh at this

I thought it was extreme satire right here with how many times you said "women" until I checked their FAQ

madewithcode.com/faqs/

The mention 3 times the word 'women' and 12 times the word 'girls'.

I one fucking FAQ article.

To put this in perspective, the word 'the' is used 29 times. So a basic piece of grammar is used just twice as many times as a word implying 'someone with a vagina'.

This is my problem with tech. Many of the people in tech seem to be really weak betas who are easily turned into cucks by any pro-woman cause.

My main problem is WHY such a focus on women? Why not teach everyone to code. What nails this in is the fact that google says they have donated 40 million dollars to organizations like 'Girls who code'.

Yes, in 2016 a private company is donating to push segregated professional spaces. tbqh this is quite impressive, not even Hitler could push discrimination against jews this hard. He was so bad in comparison that he had to turn to violence to achieve his goals because no company funded his "Germans who code" program.

am i a programmer now

more programmers -> programmers will be cheaper

>a woman was the first programmer

Why do CS cucks keep saying this?

No no, a woman was the first programming.

Just say CuckS

That is what CS always stood for anyways.

cause if there are more woman in CS, then there will be a higher chance that there will be a pretty girl in class that you can stare at

pretty brilliant strategy desu

more pussy on the intertoobs = 77% lower wages, flawless capital victory

>Simply put, code is a tool that lets you write your story with technology. If you can code, you can communicate your ideas with a computer or a program so they can be brought to life in bigger, brighter, and more creative ways.

I would have called satire if not for the massive amounts of money involved

>Here's what you'll learn
>VARIABLES
Ok
>ENCAPSULATION
Ok
>SEQUENCES
>OBJECTS
SAME SHIT 3 TIMES?

Substitute "tech" with
>corporate divide and conquer groupthink

>we need more women in stem

No, you have freedom to choose your major and women aren't interested

>be me
>check the roster for my intro to electrical engineering course
>bunch of male indians and the rest are males too
>not a single women

baka.

as a woman, I find this website degrading

This. It's "muh diversity" in a nutshell.

There are math professors in my department who refuse to even touch an Algorithm Analysis textbook. git gud, poorfags

Basically what I get from this is to allow people to practice basic logic and hopefully to make programing seem less scary. I dont see anything wrong with this.

This is for "teen girls" after all. Maybe it makes it more palatable for them so they can gain an interest and continue on. It's not real programming but it may give them the confidence they need to try the next step. Worst that happens is they spend some time and realize development is not for them.

No, the worst that could happen and what IS happening is that sexist organizations are getting millions of dollars of funding by pretending to support a "noble" cause, namely to teach programming to young people*

*MUST HAVE VAGINA

It is such a fucking scam. Something like "Girls who code" would typically be a company. Something like a coding bootcamp that can support itself economically but because these sexists limit their audience to just people who pass the vagina test, they can go around pretending they are a charity.

What is funny about this is that the premise is that programming is not popular among teen women.

You know how many teen boys do programming? Less than 1%

You know how many teen girls do programming?
Less than 1%

What's the fucking difference.

>Coders are the most important scientists.
Stop reading at this point.

And as a man?

I'm not sure on the statistics but I would say "less than 1%" is a bad way to compare vs such a large population of both.

As it stands there are many more devs that are male than female. I know, I have been in it for about 10 years. The goal is to try to even that out. Hopefully not based on quotas but based on a mindset change for women.

I won't defend the quota position, after all it should be the best person for the job. However, their main goal is to try to make women less scared of the profession. If it doesn't work out then it won't work out.

Is your main concern that males are not included or that the program is ineffective and is a waste of money?