Is this the big one?

So the internet says we're gonna be hit by a big old asteroid on 24-25 September. Supposedly governments have been nuking the heck out of the thing without much luck. What does Veeky Forums think of this?

>Sept 17 Important Update – Space Detonation(s):
>A fresh sighting, of a short lived bright illumination, has been confirmed. The dimensions and shape of the bright illumination indicates a wide debris field, as it had an oblong and rough shape & tilted (i.e. debris field shape tilted with respect to the horizon).
>This sighting was less than 2 days ago. A followup of the exact location 24hrs later confirmed that the illumination was not present (not an artifact).
>It is believed that this illumination was from a distant space detonation of a direct hit of the “object”. However, this was not the first “detonation” … information and data indicate 3 and possibly 4 space detonations have occurred.

>Earth Referenced coordinates:
>The direction of this illuminated “debris field” was in the Earth’s northern hemisphere view, observed at sunrise Pacific Daylight Time (U.S. PDT), at an angle – to the stars – of approximately 42 degrees north (earth plane Latitude intersecting to object).
>The location was from the northern Pacific Coast Range, to the nearest town, is 45° 35′ 11″ N 123° 12′ 53″ W. This data confirms that the object is approaching from a sun light illuminated direction (from a low angle “sun approach”).

Other urls found in this thread:

littlepebble.org/2016/09/20/update-3-asteroid-to-hit-possibly-25-september-2016/
space.com/21333-asteroid-nuke-spacecraft-mission.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101955_Bennu#Possible_Earth_impact
littlepebble.org/
littlepebble.org/2016/05/12/message-to-the-little-pebble-6-may-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck are you talking about?

what is this nonsense

>Two “deflection” detonations:
Tracking data of this object has shown two distinct changes in its vector trajectory eight days ago and thirteen days ago. The prior nine+ days had a consistent and straight trajectory – minus a very small arc.
>Both of these trajectory changes, considered “deflection detonations”, were in the same direction (indicating – “to vector the object on a path away from earth”).
(note: the indicator that these were “nuclear surface detonations”, for deflection, is due to the subsequent degree of change in direction relative to the size of the object.)
>The first “deflection detonation” resulted in a change in a slight, but a consistent new vector heading.
>The second “deflection detonation” (approximately 5 days later) was more dramatic with nearly 3 times greater resulting vector heading change compared to the first.
>Following the second deflection, the object started a curve in its direction back towards earth, most likely from it getting closer and experiencing the influence of earth’s gravity well.

>Earth intercept date:
>With all of the recent deltaV (velocity) changes induced into the “object”, it will require further observation to provide a new “best estimate”.
>Some slowing had been observed, and was later confirmed to be caused by the first deflection detonation. A calculation estimate of this first slight slowing, shifted the earth intercept solution(s) from Sept 25 out to up to a week.
>However, with the additional deflection detonations, the direct hit detonations, and the new acceleration into earth’s gravity well, this will create an uncertainty that can only be determined by days of new observational information/data.
>Note: A possibility exists that the illumination of a wide distribution of the debris may give a very short advance warning, even in the daytime – depending on clear skies.

Who are you quoting??
Literally

littlepebble.org/2016/09/20/update-3-asteroid-to-hit-possibly-25-september-2016/

>Early Asteroid fragment(s) may arrive sooner from Space Detonation “deflection attempts”
>It is very possible that an early arrival of an asteroid fragment or fragments may occur days sooner than the main body of the larger pieces of the asteroid.
>This would be from the two prior “deflection detonations” (see Sept 17 update). A “deflection” detonation would be on the side of the asteroid at a desired deflection angle to the heading of the asteroid.
>The degree of movement, or deflection result of the object, after the detonation* likely would eject fragments at a lateral angle or angles at a higher velocity than the velocity of the main body.
>This boost of momentum to the fragment or fragments would be equal to (main object velocity + energy boost in momentum/speed to fragment/fragments) based on the energy transfer & dislodge resistance of the detonation*
>The world should watch for such asteroid/meteor events days prior to the original estimated Sept 25 date. This could serve as an early warning to the world and the people that the main body of the asteroid is to follow.

>littlepebble.org/2016/09/20/update-3-asteroid-to-hit-possibly-25-september-2016/
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA
HAH

kek

So, could this possibly be real, or are we just gonna go with
>no it's impossible because I didn't think of it first

How is this paranormal?

just fuck off, youre on the wrong board.
shouldve said

Thank you for your open-mindedness, Veeky Forums.

what kind of orbital path would cause an object to come from the direction of the sun?

I know this thread is retarded and I'm an idiot for bumping it.

And what is the size of this "object"?

>don't eat up sensationalist bullshit from substantiated sources seriously
>"omg y u so close minded"

Nuking a meteor makes no sense. Most of the destructive power of nuclear fission relies on the presence of a gaseous atmosphere.

Dunno, that's why I was asking for help

Well it sure as hell isn't scientific.
Some proper grade-A psudo crazy stuff though, with a nice sprinkle of tinfoil on top

You're telling me that a large asteroid is heading to earth, world governments fired missiles to deflect and apart tell me that nobody noticed or knew anything about this.
.-.

that's one of the first things people know about asteroids, man. this guy you're following is full of shit.

Holy shit are you serious?
Do you have one iota of self reflection or skepticism?
How do people like this zombie through life?

>meteor
Or asteroid, whatever.
The asteroid becomes a meteor when it enters the atmosphere, which I think is as senseless as puddles from rain having a different word than puddles from other water sources.

Nuking Dangerous Asteroids Might Be the Best Protection, Expert Says
space.com/21333-asteroid-nuke-spacecraft-mission.html

>Jun 11, 2016, a Delta IV Heavy was launched from Cape Canaveral Launch Complex 37, by the U.S., identified to be containing a classified satellite for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).
>Jun 24, 2016, Atlas V 551 was launched from Cape Canaveral Space Complex 41 carrying a satellite for the U.S. Navy
>Jul 28, 2016, Atlas V launched from Cape Canaveral Launch Complex 41 carrying a classified payload for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
>Aug 19, 2016, a Delta IV Medium+ was launched from the same Launch Complex 37 which was identified carrying a high altitude GSSAP satellite for observing earth orbital space objects & debris.
>Sept 8, 2016, an Atlas V 411 was launched from Cape Canaveral Space Complex 41 carrying an asteroid investigation spacecraft to meet up with Asteroid Bennu two years out.

>instead of a haven for down-to-Earth realistic conspiracy theories, /x/ became a pestilent nest of magic worshipers and reptilian believers who buy into all the pseudoscientific bullshit they can chew while shitting on the scientific method

just end me

>just end me
I mean, that's what we're talking about here...

Its a nice break from the weekly FlatEarth-shitposting, i'l give you that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101955_Bennu#Possible_Earth_impact

And what the hell is this article without the size of this asteroid?

Well ok, but if one *were* to have info on something like this, and one *were not* interested in being v& by an alphabet agency, might not one consider assuaging one's conscience by "whistleblowing" to a small but under-the-radar (as it were) blog that's highly interested in said cosmological event?

Which is why I was hoping someone could say whether this is real or BS by offering some semblance of reality, without just laughing at the premise. Y'know, sciencey stuff.

Someone in / sci / it is true what the post or page where the information was taken? It's just a piece of shit more out of / x /? Or has something true?

Again, that's why I was asking the scientists.

>This object is sizeable to where it is faintly bright enough in being tracked from a distance of nearly 2AU (1 Astronomical Unit AU = Earth distance to Sun). Small asteroids would not be detectable from this distance by this sensitive telescope. Yet, with this sizeable object, with enough near-infrared light making it distinguishable from this near 2AU distance, there has been no notification of such a class of object in the current Earth-asteroid watch list provided by NASA/JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratories).
>The object’s trajectory towards earth is following an incoming angle that is roughly 46 degrees north of the earth’s celestial equator (Latitude). The object is approaching near the nighttime to daytime transition (pre-sunrise to sunrise) hours.

This reminded me of a notica of weeks ago, in which he said that an asteroid would pass about 14 times the distance from Earth to the moon and came with a small asteroid of 17-43 yards in diameter, ofcourse that this was already weeks I wonder if the guy who said this try to confuse people, I see the dates match when I saw the news.

oh god
your logic is so flawed. youre the most gullible person on the planet.
if someone were to "whistleblow". why would they go to a blog that wouldn't be taken seriously by anybody?
Anyone can e-mail that retard and say whatever they want. I can start e-mailing them a play-by-play of the secret alien invasion tomorrow and they would eat it up.

Why didn't Snowden contact infowars?

Where did you get the information?

he got it from littlepebble.org/
not kidding, he straight posted a link from that website
lmfao

heres another post from the same website OP you stupid fuck
littlepebble.org/2016/05/12/message-to-the-little-pebble-6-may-2016/

Dated May 12 2016
"Jesus revealed to me last week about the Sun — it was going to have an explosion causing the Earth to have a meteorite shower which would cause great problems for the World.As these types of messages are given to me often, I did not put it to the public. Jesus had told me this before. Then today I was surprised to read the same in Luz de Maria's Message of the 8th May."

I knew I was gonna get beat up by the bullies here. Sigh. This is what happens when muggles ask for help.

>Why didn't Snowden contact infowars?
Because it's disinfo. Instead he went to an almost-noname reporter. Y'know, like here.

OP is a fag.
If you are coming with stupidities drawn from a page dedicated to religion and the page has its own section of "science" better fuck

And do not be afraid of this, because it is false, you have nice night OP.

This is even worse than seeing the Ken Ham/Bill Nye debate.

We're giving you our opinions.

Believe what you want.

He went to a reporter who covered the war in iraq - thats why he chose her. She then got that fag from The Guardian formerly known as Salon.com.
Either way the reporter he went to was serious and on an FBI watchlist.
Watch Citizen Four the name is gay but its a good movie.

>implying humans aren't deserving of annihilation

Op is either really young or completly lacking critical thought.

Believing a rumor because, to you, it sounds like it could be true is a horrible way to go through life.

Believe what there is evidence (and don't take hearsay as evidence like truthers or other conspiracy theorists) to believe and everything else is a mire.

Well, I didn't believe a rumor exactly... I came and asked for help.

After the Veeky Forums bullies beat me up a bit, a few more helpful folks came in, and for that I'm thankful. Though I really wish some backyard astronomer would check it out.

There are places with astronomical telescopes to which they can turn normal people to see the sky, you can go to one place and observe wanted more.

>Dear diary: today i asked a really stupid question. I could have used a single shred of common sense or critical thinking, but i did not. The mean people here has pointed out these things to me. It hurt. Today was not a good day. I am also 12

lol u tk him 2da bar?

September 25 is not the end of the world, enough crap for this day, I will fill with a little shit /b/ and good night for everyone.

Whats with September/November and doomsday-shit anyway? Each year its comet-thus and Niburu-that. Never fails.

Maybe because Mercury retrograde is ending?

So, this is real or not? I stay Doubt (fear) a serious answer, please.

kinda hasn't really been answered

Theres no info to retort.
There was one person who posted a name of an asteroid and its not shown to get anywhere close until 2100s

So, this is true or false?

true?

False, given that that no real information was given and the entire scenario is extremely unlikely

You read the "information" given by that page, right?
So it is false ...? Answer :'3

Yes, its nothing and not true

Well...not him but.

If you mean an asteroid able to erase life on this planet, I think I have good/bad news for you.

The chances of that happening in your lifetime are as low as you winning the lottery and a lightning impact at the same time.

Still... OP don't give a exact size of that asteroid...And not to mention how close it would be assuming that would impact to us in 3 to 7 days.

So... for me this has a 20% credibility of what OP is saying is truth.

According to the source, its coming from the direction of the sun and was 2AU away 3 months ago. Also there have been 3(!!) successful nuclear detonations on or near the object that have only managed to delay(??) the objects time of impact. Its bullshit

Really think about how celestial bodies orbit the sun. How the fuck could could something be orbiting the sun and be coming from the direction of the sun? It can't unless it was fired out of a cannon.

Practically you're telling me that according to your statistics it has a 20% chance? even without knowing the size, not knowing that is directed, without any further information, you say you have 20% chance of being right?

Its not impossible, not everything is on a nice circular orbit. That russian one a few years ago come from the direction of the sun

>Posts an astronomical happening
>Doesn't list a single citation

There are none, its just some emails from a "scientist" to some christian blogger. The whole thing is ridiculous and made up

>possibly

I'm sure there's a shit load of weasel words, if-related words, fear-mongering, and fuck all citations in that article.

Is something out of a religious site, it sounds like shit I know, but it's about a guy who received information from a person within NASA (sounds like a cheap film and also was taken or brought from / x /) sounds interesting what say the messages assumptions that gives the person within NASA, but it's just that, nothing more, no photo or someone else who says that is true, it is rare that only one of the many people who are in the NASA post only he

apparently it's top secret ELE stuff

The author also seems to think that NASA is the only organisation that watches for asteroids

This desu, that's why they couldn't see it coming. You can't exactly point optical instruments at the sun and expect to see an asteroid (or anything because your sensors will be saturated to fuck).

That being said, this shit about "we are firing nukes but it ain't working cap'n" is retarded.

So will we get hit? I don't think the chances are any greater or less on those days than they are any other day. But maybe.

>So will we get hit?
By what? There is no asteroid the whole thing is made up

I asked questions to people at CERN and ESA for twitter and have always given me answer without any problems.

Yeah they totally wouldn't lie about something like this

Ok?

I try to say I've done ask people included in agencies or global companies and give me answer.

I have no idea what you're saying

My English sucks?

Yes. Are you trying to say you have asked CERN and ESA about this asteroid? If so what response did they give?

Other questions.
¿Ask to CERN about this? would be idiotic.

probably
>stop bothering us and go away

>¿Ask to CERN about this? would be idiotic.
Yes it would, which is why i'm struggling to understand what you mean

oh of course, it always is with these types
Christ, at least flip out about real conspiracies like hillary clinton having people murdered or the EU trying to turn europe in to a single country.

If we want a true answer would have to ask in the twitter NASA and other space agencies (would be better "Bombing" the agency workers, these would respond really fast)

I CAN'T DIE BEFORE CALC 2

I MEAN COME ON

If they knew something they didnt want publicly known they would just lie

can we let this thread die? there is no asteroid you stupid fucks

No

The problem here is we do not have any information, true information or given by someone with some credibility, we only have a religious site with a person saying that messages arrive some course worker NASA which gives us an apocalyptic message that would come in less than 10 days.

That involves science because it is an asteroid that allegedly killed us, the "NASA worker" does not give any more information only tells us that comes from the direction of the sun and therefore is invisible to normal telescopes.

As always, and most likely this is false, but this take a lot of strength from the fact that "a worker of NASA," says it's real.

Any good scientist will never accept the word of another entity as fact. That is not to say that the word of an untrustworthy entity does not warrant investigation.

>world is going to end
>nasa worker scared to reveal identity
riiight

Right now i kinda want the asteroid to come. The idea of OP being able to vote and reproduce is just more depressing.

No evidence has been provided, it is therefore reasonable to dismiss the claim

we have to investigate a claim made by a website that makes similar claims once a month?