It’s pouring, the trees are getting greener before my eyes, I love you...

>It’s pouring, the trees are getting greener before my eyes, I love you. I’m almost afraid of the intensity of this happiness.

Why does anyone respect this hack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5A_o-nU5s2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He is the greatest writer of our generation and he's really tapped into the cultural zeitgeist

History will look upon him well

Please stop jerking off to Nabokov

Lol, what a faggot.

His chrash course videos are nice

>The persians were quite liberal in comparison to the greeks at the time

No, he's a shill.

Here we are again. user posts a thread with mildly bland quote, says it was from John Green, turns out, it's just another one of his tricks. Who was it this time, OP? Joyce? Wallace? Some beloved author of the memetic persuasion? You people make me sick. So why'd ya do it, huh? Are you some kind of literary trickster? Some kind of 'meme man'? Or do you just enjoy the sweet taste of pleb blood in your mouth? I can just imagine you, looking at this thread as people fall for your trap. "Heh, fuckin' plebs", you say, "can't even fuckin' google a quote to find out if it's authentic or not." You go on. "I bet they haven't even read John Green. I bet they just hate him cause it's cool or somethin. I bet they don't even read at all, and that's why they can't even recognize a Salinger quote when they see one. *pfft*, yeah, fuckin' PLEBS, too young to have read even the most ENTRY LEVEL of PLEB literature." The thread is on auto-update as you wait for your next victim. You hope he tries to analyze this quote as if it's an authentic one. You hope they use the opportunity to go on a rant about how John Green is owned by the Jews. You hope they fall for your trap. And then, you read this post, and it all melts away. Y'see, I saw your little ruse from a mile away without even reading the thread. The picture of John Green with that obnoxiously smug smirk. The greentexted quote. The offhand remark. Too obvious. Too, let's say, "memey". I bet right now you're thinking up some kind of adequate response. Heh. You got nothing, kid. I remember when I was like you.

Why are there 2 threads about this guy on Veeky Forums?

This man is a mirror into the average Veeky Forums users innermost psychological insecurities

He strikes a nerve, to say the least

You say this this in every thread, projecting yourself onto the loosely-collected group of people who post on Veeky Forums. The truth is that you don't belong here. You can be spotted out plainly and easily among the rest of us.

Please get off this board, for the bettering of all, yourself included.

Veeky Forums and /pol/ too. He would be a mascot on /tv/ if only they knew some of his books got adaptations.

>Alexander the Great episode
Nope.
Thought he was decent before I started reading actual history books. He's shit.

You have a better explanation?

Yes, that two individuals out of the hundreds that browse this board daily spam this and have developed what appears to be a 'meme' of it but is really just persistent individuals.

>Alexander the Great episode
Jesus, you weren't kidding. There was barely any actual historical content in that video at all, just his shitty opinions.

>lmao he was just great at destroying things
>nevermind the fact mentioned later in the video that he founded several important cities

>he was just a good conqueror, not a good empire builder
>nevermind the fact that he died very suddenly at an early age, before a clear heir was raised

>he wasn't responsible for any of the cultural diffusion that occurred because he was dead when that happened lol
>nevermind the fact that he actively attempted to integrate the various cultures within the empire by orchestrating mass marriages, taking up certain styles of clothing and customs, etc. -- perhaps even to his detriment, he lost friends (Cleitus the Black for one) and loyalty among his Macedonian troops

Sure, history isn't just made by "Great" people and Alexander's legend was exaggerated, but it's so stupid to pretend he was like modern airhead celebrities who are only famous because people like them.

To top it all off, the rest of the video was just chatter about celebrities and how history is sexist. Not the historical context, but history itself. Apparently we only hear about Alexander the Great because he was a man and historians have conspired to ignore all the world-changing women of the time. Which is funny because he didn't once mention Alexander's mother Olympias in this video, perhaps the single most important person responsible for building Alexander's huge ambitions.

I was about to apologize for going off topic, but yeah, John Green really is a hack.

>John, the Haitian revolution was a model revolution' Green

youtube.com/watch?v=5A_o-nU5s2U

>It’s pouring, the trees are getting greener before my eyes, I love you. I’m almost afraid of the intensity of this happiness.

I would be pretty content if a guy wrote this to me this.

when you fags post green sentences, are they real

ayyyyy lmao

>him.jpg
kek

why is he so smug

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!

You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY PINECONE BE CHILLIN, HERE'S A PIC OF INFINITE JEST BY DAVID FOSTER WALLACE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the literature section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

John Green is actually DFW's new identity, he faked his death and will spend the rest of his life writing shitty young adult novels.

Nabokov.

desu Tao Lin occupies that incumbency better

he just called lord of the flies sexist for not having any female characters
Lord of the Flies is a novel about boys who attend a British private school. Every British private school in the 1950's was gender-segregated.

>read OP
>line gives me tingles
>realize I should read John Green, feel like a pleb
>google the line to find the book
>it's Nabokov
>mfw my taste isn't that bad after all

Post rare Johns

It's like reading Dickens only if he is a nu-male with no sense of humor.

He looks like Harry Potter if his mom was black

Every time I visit this board, there's a thread on John Green. You know you're hardly better than him if he's your only "connection" to literature?

He's heard some variation on the old "Caesar was killed to save the empire and Alexander to save the emperor" line, and I think that's a hegelianism.

Shut up, you f*cking misogynist!

wasn't piggy female?

Before I looked up the quote I thought the imagery was too pretty to be John Green, and was willing to admit that I liked it despite who wrote it

reviving meme man thread

His an exrernal representation of our inner repressed plebeian.

*He's

i love the shifting duplicity of greenposting
it keeps my aesthetic senses on edge and forces me to evaluate words on their merits rather than their meme associations