Purchases

Let's see em

Wow, amazing purchasing skill, my friend.

What's your method of payment? What kind of delivery do you opt for?

JELLO AF of that copy of JR

i have that same J R on my bedside, how did you get a picture of it? are you coming into my house and rearranging my books with your own shit books and taking pictures of them for the internet? also, why would you bring your own furniture into my house to do all this? it all seems so ridiculous

Say---what does a silly yellow fellow have to do to purchase these books as astutely as you?

Wow, nice!
Could you post a quick guide on how to best select books to buy?

Just got this today

I sure can.

Steps:
>1. Be smart.
>2. Use smarts to get a good job that makes lots of money.
>3. Use smarts to read lots of books and gain literary knowledge.
>4. Use literary knowledge to find other great books.
>5. Go to great used book stores in major American city.
>6. Have great conversations with bookstore owners/employees.
>7. Exchange a small percentage of your hard earned money for great books.
>8. Repeat starting at Step 3.

good jokes, lads! my hat goes off to all the jokesters on Veeky Forums this eve!

>J R
>easy french
the disparity is unsettling. plebs are truly a different kind of creatures.

Looking forward to Something Happened.

Also excited for the Sisyphus

Got BNW since I read 1984 back in high school and didn't like it too much and I just wanted to try this one out

Forgot pic

Why would one need to know French to read JR?

r8 my stack folks

>Borges
>Pynchon
stick your head in the oven neet beta cuck

what's wrong with borges or pynchon?

the only reason you bought either is because of Veeky Forums
end your life

actually i've only been on Veeky Forums for a few months, i've owned these books for quite some time now. these aren't recent purchases, aside from the torquato tasso, and the faerie queene.

How long will this take you user

lier

too long. i'm a slow reader.
in fact, the only book Veeky Forums convinced me to buy is the unabridged journey to the west. ponder that for a few mins, friend.

note the dust, friend.

>neet beta cuck
>end your life
Well at least the entirety of his dialectical potential isn't limited to a list of thirty buzzwords from Veeky Forums.

You are an abstract entity on the other side of Veeky Forums to me, but to you you're a pathetic waste of life whose only breath of fresh air is the satisfaction you get the moment you shitpost, hoping for someone to care about what you have to say and gradually being disappointed that no one took offense to your shallow comments.

I'm not the guy you replied to, but I actually do feel better when I try to take out the trash of this board. It's a communal problem--your existence--and I'm trying to deal with it for all of us.

all that means is you don't actually read them, whic hyou didn't need to tell me faggot

i'm just bored doode
also
>gradually being disappointed that no one took offense to your shallow comments.
already not gonna happen since you clearly did are

that's not what i implied at all

hmph, it's not my fault i'm a slow reader. I try, man. I try.

when I'm bored I like to read. That's why I'm here. You're just here because you're the only one saying shit like "neet beta cuck" in threads like this, so you don't just blend in with the rest of the mindless posting on the other boards of this site.

You can memorize every line of that language book, it'll never teach you French

If it wasn't, then your post was just stupid. There is no connection at all between someone capable of reading English literature and knowing French.

It's a grammar book, dummy. That's literally how you learn a language.

Just ordered today:

>(1) Michael Jubien - Possibility
Its written by a professor who I took a class with years ago, and who studied under Saul Kripke. Here is the item description from Amazon:

" . . . offers a new analysis of the metaphysical concepts of possibility and necessity, one that does not rely on any sort of 'possible worlds'. The analysis proceeds from an account of the notion of a physical object and from the positing of properties and relations. It is motivated by considerations about how we actually speak of and think of objects. Michael Jubien discusses several closely related topics, including different purported varieties of possible worlds, the doctrine of 'essentialism', natural kind terms, and alleged examples of necessity a posteriori. The book also offers a new theory of the functioning of proper names, both actual and fictional, and the discussion of natural kind terms and necessity a posteriori depends in part on this theory."

>(2) Immanuel Wallerstein: The Modern World-System I: Capitalist Agriculture and the Origins of the European World Economy in the 16th Century

Description:
" . . . develops a theoretical framework to understand the historical changes involved in the rise of the modern world. The modern world system, essentially capitalist in nature, followed the crisis of the feudal system and helps explain the rise of Western Europe to world supremacy between 1450 and 1670. According to Wallerstein, his theory makes possible a comprehensive understanding of the external and internal manifestations of the modernization process during this period and makes possible analytically sound comparisons between different parts of the world.

>(3) Wallerstein - Africa: Politics of Independence and Unity

Description:
" . . . provides some of the earliest and most valuable analysis of African politics during the period when the colonial system began to disintegrate. The influential Africa: The Politics of Independence was written as Africa was just realizing independence and still reveling in the optimism it brought. Immanuel Wallerstein was one of the few scholars who had traveled throughout Africa during the collapse of colonial rule. As a result, his interpretive essay captures the dynamism of that period of transformation and adroitly analyzes Africa's modern political developments during the nascent process of decolonization. Africa: The Politics of Unity, published six years later, examines the African unity movement that arose between 1957 and 1965 and its revolutionary core. It is often considered the first thorough analysis of the postindependence history of Africa."

what's wrong with friends recommending each other books?
isn't that what normal people do?

So it's not a book about language?

you're just too uneducated i guess

We aren't your friends, buddy
also it makes you look like a chump

thrift shop

>Look at me, I read big books

STOP POSTING
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR BOOKS
NOBODY LIKES YOU
NOBODY HERE THINKS YOU'RE COOL
GO BACK TO POSTING YOUR VINYLS ON /MU/ WHER U BELONG
MODS MODS MODS

I see this is your first night on Veeky Forums; welcome, newfriend.

She's got a big jaw.

you don't understand
it doesn't matter that people outside of Veeky Forums read this shit
because you still heard about it and were convinced to pay money for it through/by Veeky Forums
and that is fucking embarrassing

lol

One of these books is a repost.

Nice Gil Blas, my dood. You ever read Amadis de Gaula? Tirant le Blanc?

picked these up today, went hard

Nice collection, my friend! *Tips fedora*

You're the user that posted earlier about Heller having a better stream-of-consciousness technique than Joyce, aren't you?

Fucking 10/10 patrician taste.

How is that edition of Swift and that of Pope? Would you recommend them? I ould like to get that Coleridge too, but only for the Bibliotheca since I already got the Oxford Anthologynof English Literature which contains mostnof his major poems.

Meant Biographia, not Bibliotheca.

voulez vous boys