Anyone got any lit films?

Anyone got any lit films?

Ingmar Bergman is babby's first Veeky Forums cinema, but still, shit like The Seventh Seal and Winter Light is god tier.

Nostalghia. It was on Netflix recently.

Vertigo
>Seriously

the thin red line

this

last year at marienbad

Kill your darlings

The Ghost Writer by Polanski

Neon genesis evangelion is the only thing comparable to literature in my experience.

Solaris and Stalker

There was an excellent film starring Zoe Kazan and Classic Dano. Look for it

Antonioni, Bresson, Tarkovsky, Rohmer, Dreyer, and Ozu are whom you seek

Alain Resnais, Godard and Michael Haneke come to mind. Also The Big Sleep and Sonatine by Takeshi Kitano. And finally maybe Tokyo Decadenve.

Cinema Memes: The Post

Any other bad opinions you'd like to air out?

Watched Rossellini's Paisà recently - reminded me of Calvino's short stories because of its structure ,themes, and general tone.

The End of the Tour

i saw that in theatre, twas good.

he's right this thread is /tv/ trying to pretend they're sophisticated by posting /tv/patriciansafebets on Veeky Forums.
the harry potter and dfw meme posters and solaris guy excluded because they're wanking off about Veeky Forums not /tv/ status
>no Barton Fink
>no Adaption
reddit could do better. no i'm not claiming any of the /tv/shitposters are wrong about those being good choices for /tv/ you uncomprehending idiot, i'm saying you're always going to be /tv/ not Veeky Forums and you're showing that off on Veeky Forums. you might as well start reading GoT for culture points

john ford is the greatest director of all time

anyone who disagrees is a try hard poseur or european

triggered

Is his Grapes of Wrath any good?

Lol I'm sure you know a lot about my literary knowledge/tastes based on film directors I've recommended. Your entire post is just baseless ad hominem towards some phantom breed of poster you've projected senselessly. And you even admit that the directors I suggested are good, so why complain? If I recommended Fargo or All that Heaven Allows would you cry less, you fag?

yes

>Babby's first art-cinema

So you mean actually GOOD art films?

This is one of the differences between art films and literary fiction, the good stuff almost always floats to the top, at least high enough so it's easy to learn about.

I have watched lots of art movies and I can really tell you 85% are really not worth watching, and the good ones are the ones generally admired by decent critics.

wow you guys are plebs baka

jfc you're an idiot.
Adaption and Barton Fink are about about writing, I'll let you spot the themes, styles, and theories taken from literature they play on from all that literature you read

In the Mouth of Madness (you might not really get why until the end though)

You don't get any more Veeky Forums thatn this. It's like a well written 800 pages novel.

Cocteau

if you're a sucker the novelty of foreign film or if you think formalism and medium specificity are the highest quality films can have then yeah

but to be honest that is what Veeky Forums likes in literature anyway

Anything by Kieslowski or Felinni

Mike Leigh films