Who is Veeky Forums's favourite female author?

Who is Veeky Forums's favourite female author?

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/english/currentstudents/undergraduate/modules/fulllist/special/en304/syllabus2015-16/didion_the_white_album.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's like asking me what my favorite episode of Teen Titans is. I'm sure I'd have one if I really bothered to watch many of them, but it'd still be meaningless information about literal nothing.

BEAUVOIR is the most Veeky Forums of female writers and I'm not even being ironic.

Flannery O'Connor

What, ho! Wise man here!

it's mama flan
but mine is emily b

Don't say that, TT was great.

Flannery O'Connor
Hannah Arendt

gloria naylor or mavis gallant

Willa Cather
Elaine Pagels
Bethany McLean

Hannah Arendt until I read up on her plagiarism charges.

Tove Jansson

t. pleb

>ARENDT
>R
>E
>N
>D
>T

redpilled to the most hardcore degree

pic rel

Woolf
Arendt
O'Connor
Beauvoir
Stein
Carson
Eliot
Sappho

Joan Didion. She's one of my favourite writers regardless, read this and tell me it's not genius.

www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/english/currentstudents/undergraduate/modules/fulllist/special/en304/syllabus2015-16/didion_the_white_album.pdf

explain. Is she a neet that jerks it to hentai?

Can you say yes, and back it up with "evidence" thank you.

that chibi shit was garbage. the orignal was actually good If I remember correctly.

AnywaysPlath, Smith, Woolf, O'Connor, and Morrison are great, I have not read the others.

I also enjoy Laura Restrepo, a contemporary.

"Old Veeky Forums" that is, I should clarify.
>INTJ-personality
>bit edgy but ironic about it
>degenerate sexual fantasies
>dislikes authorities
>lives after her own morals despite those of the current society's

The only correct answer
>pic related

Ingeborg Bachman

>you'll never master portuguese and you'll never have the chance to lost yourself in her absolute godtier prose.

Why live

good question, the translation is staggering so the original must be pure transcendence

Patricia Highsmith is my alcoholic lesbian waifu

Tatyana Tolstaya and Clarice Lispector

I wish I knew more

FOC

>Is she a neet that jerks it to hentai?
Sartre supported her financially and she got fired from teaching for raping kids, so yes.

this

Anne Frank

I just finished pic related, so Agota Kristof atm.

Can I get a serious honest to god explanation why people like Plath? I think she would have been great if I had been reading her in high school. Now she seems like a bundle of whiny white girl first world feminism. Not to say I dislike feminist authors but she's kind of over dramatic?

LM Montgomery
Frances Hodgeson Burnett

Are you a girl? Do you want to be my girlfriend?

No thank you, I just want to know what people think is great about Sylvia Plath.

CecĂ­lia Meireles is much superior to all these American hacks you posted, OP.

Lispector is absolutely pretentious and empty. I don't know why you foreigners like her so much. Learn some Spanish and maybe try to read Cecilia Meireles instead.

As a Brazilian, I find it really disappointing that real authors such as Euclides da Cunha and Cyro dos Anjos are neglected in the name of that hack who had nothing but a pretty European face.

Excuse us for enjoying books written in our own language. If there isn't a good translation available, unfortunately I give the book/author a pass.

Madame de La Fayette is my favorite

Your mother, Maman de le Fagette, is my favourite

Holy shit my sides

niccccccce

>a chance to lost yourself

why bother mastering portuguese when you can't even do english.

Joyce Carol Oates

Anyone read pic related?

Dick

kys pleb

Iris Murdoch.

fpbp

the topness of this kek

lmao.

Tripticks. Shit was too weird for me. I think I have to reread it.

Susan Sontag is a pretty good writer, even though I don't care for her politics, or her racist views of white people.

My *personal* favourites are Ursula Le Guin, Isabel Allende, and Arundhati Roy (though she's only published the one fiction book so...)

Idk or care who Veeky Forums's faves are though.

yeah ofc you fucking idiot. You have to read her in context. she was pretty unique within her contemporaries, you only see her as "a whiny white girl first world feminism" because of countless imitators and fangirls ever since. fucking retard.

Ayn Rand

Virginia Woolf and Betty Smith.

who was the sluttiest?

This is really true.

Reading Beauvoir is like talking to your witty bored cynical friend who engages in degenerate behaviour.

de Beauvoir or Rand.

I dont know that she was being melodramatic, she was depressed enough to kill herself.

So she essentially is the first whiny feminist white girl?

>your witty bored cynical friend who engages in degenerate behaviour.
This is me.

I should probably change.

Beauvoir would fuck her girl students and then have thm fuck her husband

>her husband

Sorry....HER LIFE PARTNER

This is really hot actually.

Are you capable of nuance at all you ungodly plebeian?

Who cucked who?

Fuccing Duh

there's actually a great New York Times article about this, search for it and read it, i can recommend it.

it makes the conclusion that he cucked her. she adored him more than he did her, so he sort of took advantage of her.
THOUGH she experienced love in her love with her american lover, he just shallow-fucked a bunch of girls. she orgasmed with her lover, never with him.
so in the end, i think she wins nevertheless.

new to books? try reading more then come back. no seriously, please go out there and read more, this isn't a hateful or dismissive comment, I'm serious.

how can user recover

>mummifiedkingtutt.jpg

Renata Adler needs more attention in this board.

Zadie, Woolf, Yoko Ogawa, Dickinson.
Some Plath. Some Donna Tartt. Didion. Marilynne Robinson.

>de le

This was not the serious reply I was hoping for, but if your only defence of Plath is "context lel" then that's enough to answer my question. Thanks famalamalam.

You're welcome you stupid sonnovabitch, have a nice fucking day.

I always forget to mention her.

Marguerite Yourcenar. Memoirs of Hadrian is one of the best books ever written.

Evelyn Waugh

lol

the obvious ones are o'connor, cather, woolf, dickinson.

I like munro a lot as well, and a few joyce carol oates short stories are nice. maybe shirley jackson.

If you reqd "literature" written by girls you're a cuck

Whats with the lack of /pol/ and r9k cancer today, this thread actually had serious answers in it.

I shitpost about how women are evil and shit but there are women who I have respect for and veiw as equals.

kill yourself, cuck

Eudora Welty
Olive Schreiner
Doris Lessing
Dionne Brand
Charlotte Bronte
Mavis Gallant
A.S. Byatt
Jeanette Winterson
Susan Sontag
Emily Dickinson
Sylvia Plath
Virginia Woolf

H A R D C O R E I C E C O O L

Alejandra Pizarnik

Are you on steroids?

Can't decide which of the Brontë sisters I like more. Probably Charlotte, because Jane Eyre is my waifu. . .

Ayn Rand, I'm still not totally convinced she's a woman though.

>Hates women
>Likes book by written by a woman
>Author must be a man, it's impossible that I'm wrong about women
hahahaha and you have shit taste m8

I like Marguerite Yourcenar
She was a lesbian who didn't really like women all that much despite enjoying fucking them.
I can relate to her.

>Montgomery

Mein negroid.

Montgomery reminds me beauty exists.

Women should not be allowed to speak, write, vote, or read.

this is why nobody lets you on the computer, grandpa

t. nu-male cuck

t. mindless parrot

Have you ever talked to a woman?