What was your favorite childhood book?

What was your favorite childhood book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ltxxdQFfDJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Horse and His Boy was my favourite.

Though it's somewhat recently published, it is a comprehensive collection of fairy tales and other folklore to children.
A short annotation at the end of each story points out the land of origin and puts the stories from Africa, Europe, the East and other parts of the world in context with one another.

Still have that book in my shelf.

Guerilla Warfare by Che Guevara

James and the Giant Peach.

Even for a chillun's book, it was still an entertaining read

If we are talking picture books, any and all of Eric Carle's work

This. I remember how anticlimatic that ending was though, and how I hated all that build up for such a stupid cop-out

this man in general

I just remember something about making piskettis

>no Redwall
EULIAAAAA

I would read Gravity's Rainbow every night when I was little

Playboy

I must have read this book 50 times over the years, I still have it and it's dog-eared to fuck.

I didn't read as a kid but I really like Little House in the Big Woods and Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.

comfy

this was my mum's favourite to read to me when I was a kid

I don't remember whether I liked it or not

youtube.com/watch?v=ltxxdQFfDJY

Good shit

This might actually be the first book I've ever read

Serious memories of reading these

>no The Little Prince
Plebs

It was something about eugenics and people who were less than humans. I can't remember the title, it was some austrian book I think.

Watership Down all the way, my father read it to me, then I read it myself, then my mother read it to me. I've read it to them since, it never gets old.

Is the best book I ever had to read in school.

>goodnight moon

My nigga, my nigga

Treasure Island. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde scared the shit out of me tho

After I read Dracula I started sleeping with a blanket wrapped around my neck so the vampires couldn't suck my blood.

my niggas

Mmmm that tasty 4th wall shit.

my parents were hippies

Beowulf.

I'm not dragging that part of my childhood through this site, I can tell you that much

move out of the way for the GOAT

Yep there is a book series (not only cartoon) and it's quite popular in Europe.

I wish I had grown up with those.

My parents read me Infinite Jest when I was 2 or so.

I never managed to solve the mysteries in that.

I loved the Little Prince. My mother would read it to me, and as soon as I could read I read it to myself before bed.

Mein_nigga

I remember seeing the old old Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie with awful special effects, but it got at me, and I picked up the books. 3rd one was like an adventure unlike any other to me at that time. Also really liked the Silver Chair

Fuck yeah. I kind of hated reading as a child (couldn't get through Harry Potter cause of boredom, for example) but loved these

This is really hard to say for sure because I couldn't read until I was 9. But I liked Tintin comics, especially when I sat down beside my mother and she read out what the people were saying and put on voices.

That or the Rolly Polly Puppy.

*Forgive me, The Poky Little Puppy, not Rolly Polly.

so many phrases from this book are still lodged in my brain. it's probably had a more profound influence on me than any other book.

すてきマンコ

Lolita.

when i was 4, this was my favorite book to read other than humpty dumtpy

>Le Little Meme
End your life senpai.

That's what I love about it though. All that torture to just kinda be okay with what they got.

Inside a house that was haunted. It was the first book I ever read.

i used to read a similar book endlessly around that age. my life at that time was drawing army stuff, reading space and dinosaur books, going to church and walking into town every day with my teenage mother. comfy and simple

I liked the hobbit and the wind in the willows.

I also really enjoyed reading the wishsong of shanarra as a kid. I know Terry Brooks isn't popular here.

>there are people who didn't find the mouse on every page

>tfw you found the weathered old books in the school library

I enjoyed them.

It was shit but who cares

Lol, you read elementary level french books in English? I'm not a >translation dude but this is exactly what's wrong with Veeky Forums's use of pleb-- it's always the biggest tryhard dilettantes trying to puff feathers about shit they're too out-of-the-loop to actually know about.

There was a book on Greek myths from the 60s that was posted on here not too long ago that my mom used to read to me (D'Aulaires, pic related), along with Ferdinand the Bull.

I also remember another book I owned about dinosaurs and gnomes living contemporaneously with goblins and such. Not Dinotopia-- this was heavily illustrated with a very distinct and surreal style

>The Three Investigators
>There are four of them

this is huh, wow