Give me a book that has characters who are heavily involved in Church...

Give me a book that has characters who are heavily involved in Church. I'm not looking for anything particularly pro- or anti-religion or packed with fedora faggotry, I just find Church politics interesting.

Hunchback of Notre Dame

I like the book because of its story and historical overtones, but if you're a bonafide Veeky Forums faggot you'll get a kick out of applying psychoanalysis and master-slave dialectic to Frollo

GK Chesterton's Father Brown stories

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by Joyce

Is there a book where the characters are all ironically running a church?

Noli me Tangere by Jose Rizal

It's technically a comic but...

"The Name of the Rose" is pretty kewl

Big up my man G.K.

He's a real playa, know what'm sayin'?

The Napoleon of Notting Hill is pretty $Dank$ famalam.

I've always been fascinated by church corruption.

Rapist Bishops, gluttonous preists, sadistic laity.

I don't know why.

Any recommendations?

the daily mail

The Brothers Karamazov

This.

sounds like you'd love any generic modern fantasy novel or fantasy video game

there's nothing particularly fascinating about corruption in the church, it's the easiest bit of cynicism to imagine. everybody can picture what the dirty mind of a cleric might look like. what's really fascinating—and really hard to imagine—is what goes on in the mind of a priest who means what he says.

anthony trollope wrote lots of stuff like this
start with the warden
it is basically a satire on church politics

In a Sidney Sheldon book, the Sands of something...maybe time, a nun gets raped.

oh, and The Exorcist

And any of the survivors of priest sexual abuse books--too many to count.

In which Church? There are at least a few.
But lets say you want books where Characters are priests:
A Canticle for Liebowitz by Miller
Father Brown Short Stories by Chesterton
Confessions by st. Augustine
Silence by Shusaku Endo (my favourite from the list)
The Brothers Karamazov
Book of the Long Sun by Gene Wolfe
Heart of the Matter by Grahm Greene

Had a lot of fun reading this, with the only downside being that there was actually too much detail about church structure/politics for me to be comfortable with as someone who doesn't know much about the church. With that in mind I think it would be perfect for you. It's basically an alternate timeline historical fiction wet dream of what the papacy could become and how, all driven by a very curious and captivating main character.

You could give at least one Catholic suggestion.

Oh and it was written by a would-be priest who never managed to make it into the clergy even though he considered it his life's calling. The main character is a very clear reflection of the author, or at least how the author thought of himself.

Chesterton was Catholic.