Is this where we can talk about tornadoes? Let's talk about tornadoes, Veeky Forums

Is this where we can talk about tornadoes? Let's talk about tornadoes, Veeky Forums.
>favorite tornado
>do you get tornadoes
>compare tornadoes

pic related, this is one of the spookiest tornadoes I've ever seen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg
youtube.com/watch?v=JtJX903Sxt4
youtube.com/watch?v=1JC79gzZykU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=izBoIs7jww0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its dancing
>666
Spooky

>"If you see the dead man walking within the clouds, you are going to die."
also holy shit that IS fuckin spooky

I don't get any tornadoes thankfully since they frighten me. But there's a certain beauty in their awesome power I admire. I've always been fascinated by them.

Yeah, they've got this mythic quality, like staring up at a god.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg

one of my favorite tornado documentaries, the music is top scary
youtube.com/watch?v=JtJX903Sxt4

Amazing

Does anybody know how difficult of a major meteorology is? It seems interesting and I'm considering switching from mechanical engineering.

Do you fucking love math? Not love math, FUCKING LOVE math? If yes, pursue meteorology.

There are alot of tornados around my area. I dream of them too alot. Not really afraid though. Just get to cover when they are headed right towards you.

The big ones can do some major damnage though, those are rare however.

I enjoy it. You will learn alot about pressure systems and wind patterns / cloud formations. If you love that then you are gucci.

We don't get tornadoes very often in NC, so when we got 60 in 2011 it was extremely terrifying. I mean it was just boom boom boom boom. I was driving out to the fire station when one touched down a half-mile away from the road I was on, legit could've made diamonds with my ass when I heard my radio crackle with: "Tornado sighted on ground on Springs Road, repeat: tornado on ground on Springs Road."
>wait a minute I'M on Springs Road

I used to want to be a storm chaser as a kid. Good times.

Yeah I like that stuff
I like math a lot, but I got B's in calc. I'll put in time and effort.

And why do you need math to study tornadoes?

lets see, you fucking idiot

- calculate the volume of a tornado
- calculate the surface area of a tornado
- calculate where the tornado is heading to

sorry if you suck dick at math, faggot

> volume of a tornado

???

>surface of a tornado
>it's made of wind

this presentation was pretty cool
youtube.com/watch?v=1JC79gzZykU&feature=youtu.be

this is fuckin cool

HOW DID THEY CODE THAT

It's mostly because of equations that are used to model and predict weather.

>model and predict weather
which is stupid fucking complicated

> volume of a tornado
> surface area of a tornado

what is this face trying to convey

Weird, this video just popped up on my recommended videos before I even saw this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=izBoIs7jww0
He posts some links to other videos in the comments section about why the sky is green before/during a tornado and it's some pretty interesting physics.

I wonder why tornados are so common in the central US. Like why are there never any supercells forming on the coast (or are those just much more powerful hurricanes)? Either way I live up north so even the hurricanes never hit near me. I guess my main question is why do these things form where they do and why don't they form elsewhere? Is it because it's warmer by the equator so there is more energy in the air there? Maybe they don't form near me because the Appalachian Mountains break up the strong winds? I've never seen this kind of destruction before.

> volume of a tornado

he meant volume as in decibels, retards

you don't get the hot air from the gulf, instead you get bitch-cold air from the great lakes for fuckawful winters

Tornadoes are stupid. Fuck tornadoes.

trailerfag detected lul

> surface area of a tornado

user, I....

explain yourselves, how is he wrong?

>volume of a tornado
>surface area of a tornado

fucking brainlet

Ate those the Pilger twins? Or am I mistaken?

i see a dancing banana

MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHAT IS THAT?

COULD NESSY BE BEHIND THIS AFTER ALL?

mothman's over on the right cheering the tornado on