Why is maths so based, bros...

Why is maths so based, bros? Am I the only one here who just wants to get his PhD then do Post-Doctoral research and eventually become a Full-time Professor in a city you enjoy? Sounds like the fucking life.

your a weak beta fag who suck nice black asses

You do realize this is a blue board?
>incorrect use of your

I balls are not blue. Please don't get so confused

Definitely not. Math is life but good luck getting anywhere in academia.

i'm actually a biochemist.

Sauce?

How do you get gud at maths?

fcuk mu way through college bro

Don't get cucked and go into programming like everyone else. Academic mathematicians are a dying breed.

what is that gross monster
that is called herpes my friend

What is an academic mathematician? Just some dude doing his PHD in theoretical mathematics?

>give up your dreams and become a code-slave with carpel tunnel

sounds great, mate

>only one here who just wants to get his PhD then do Post-Doctoral research

No, not the only one. There are plenty.

>become a Full-time Professor in a city you enjoy
>in a city you enjoy

ROFL, good luck with that.

someone who does math research at a university, typically during and after doing a PhD.

>but good luck getting anywhere in academia.
could you please explain?

He didn't get anywhere in academia, so now he is telling other people that it is impossible to get anywhere in academia.

>Not majoring in physics
literally kys

Look at the stats on the tier of PhD program you need to get into to get placed in a tenure track position. Shit is rough. PhDs from top schools wind up running the game from Ivies to Bumble State.

Getting a good job in academia is rough. Not shitting on your odds, just do some DD before you proceed.

If you have a master's already. Ok.
If undergrad, this is bait.

This is good advice. Being a full professor you would spend most of your time not researching math but other stuff like teaching, supervising, administration and hunting for grants and end up having to do the real research in your spare time anyway.

Instead aim for another position with far less responsibility. The more responsibilities, the more you will be mislead from what you really should be doing (which is doing math).

Who is this semen goddess?