First he got roasted by The Guardian, now this!?

First he got roasted by The Guardian, now this!?

Will Franzen ever recover?

rawstory.com/2016/08/which-egomaniac-said-it-donald-trump-or-novelist-jonathan-franzen/

Daily reminder that Donald 'The Lord Emperor' Trump WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

He will even make anime real, and we'll have 2D women replace degenerate roastwhore 3D modern women.

Praise Lord KEK for the meme magic that will carry him to presidency.

Deus
fucking
Vult

Never even heard of that guy

Wow, now that you put it that way, I'm officially a #redpill now!

wtf i love franzen now

That sure is some hard hitting informative journalism.

"Whoever doesn't take up his cross and follow me doesn't deserve to be my disciple."
-Donald Trump

>le /pol/ strawman guy

You sure showed them, comrade.

Is Franzen an egomaniac? I've never seen anything from him gloating about himself.

What's even more surprising is how many phony outrage articles have been written on the slate interview. New York Times, salon, and some others completely take quotes out of context and shit on the guy. Pretty entertaining 2bh.

>he doesn't praise LORD KEK

cuck

There are some good Lord KEK threads active right now

MEME MAGIC AND ANIME!

lol

It's not so much gloating as it is solipsistic self-focus and insensitivity

Are liberals shitting on Franzen as a way of vicariously punishing their suburban dads or something? He's the easiest target on the planet after Dan Brown; there is no safer novelist to tell others you don't like. It's like saying you think The Beatles are overrated or prefer chocolate to vanilla ice cream. What's more important is that all this mewling can't remove his incredible talent and objective position as the preeminent literary figure of our time who best captures the zeitgeist. The guys holds the POTUS's ear and influences millions with his startling and yes, middlebrow insights. Middlebrow isn't a dirty word, by the way; middlebrows artistically superseded highbrows after WWII. The contemporary Franzen naysayers are the 70s equivalent to morons burning disco records that would go on to influence the next forty years of popular music. Just save your breath, he's already won.

top wew

>The guys holds the POTUS's ear and influences millions with his startling and yes, middlebrow insights.

God I HOPE he doesn't have Obama's hear, except when Obama needs to know what the plebs are thinking. I was always under the impression that Obama actually had good taste.

He likes Eliot, though he's too big a name to be a real litmus test.

>I haven’t read “The Waste Land” for a year, and I never did bother to check all the footnotes. But I will hazard these statements—Eliot contains the same ecstatic vision which runs from Münzer to Yeats. However, he retains a grounding in the social reality/order of his time.

Facing what he perceives as a choice between ecstatic chaos and lifeless mechanistic order, he accedes to maintaining a separation of asexual purity and brutal sexual reality. And he wears a stoical face before this. Read his essay on Tradition and the Individual Talent, as well as Four Quartets, when he’s less concerned with depicting moribund Europe, to catch a sense of what I speak.

Remember how I said there’s a certain kind of conservatism which I respect more than bourgeois liberalism—Eliot is of this type. Of course, the dichotomy he maintains is reactionary, but it’s due to a deep fatalism, not ignorance. (Counter him with Yeats or Pound, who, arising from the same milieu, opted to support Hitler and Mussolini.)

And this fatalism is born out of the relation between fertility and death, which I touched on in my last letter—life feeds on itself. A fatalism I share with the western tradition at times. You seem surprised at Eliot’s irreconcilable ambivalence; don’t you share this ambivalence yourself, Alex?

When he's not listening to Jay-Z, he's reading Toni Morrison, Khaled Hosseini and Slate-approved diaspora lit. The guy's a typical progressive pleb

Thanks for the test boost.

>. I was always under the impression that Obama actually had good taste.

he's a dope slinging nigger from Chicago
let's not get carried away

He's half-white and was raised by a white family who were at least slightly intellectual. Let's not undersell him, either.

>He's half-white and was raised by a white family
this is true
at least America can still proudly say that no US president was ever born to a non-white mother

You're aren't wrong but the intellectual side of "his family" was his fathers side, junior was raised by his mother, who are intellectually bankrupt (unless you consider Marxist Anthropology intellectual).

>from Chicago

Kenyan Internet Disinformation Force detected

This is obama btw guys in a letter to his college gf

Jej

>He will even make anime real, and we'll have 2D women replace degenerate roastwhore 3D modern women.
but he doesn't like anime girls

You know what fearbox you can crawl back into
Actually there are two, aren't there; take your pick

Kys
Y
S

He doesn't like nude lolis. Otherwise, he is based

That article is shit for many reasons, one of the most obvious ones is that it fails to distinguish between what Faggot Franzen said, and what his characters say in his fucking books. How retarded can the journalist be?

who the fuck prefers vanilla to chocolate

hello Veeky Forums