docs.google.com/document/d/1ePTo-4y6sSaTp13vkxzq8AfnIFHRExNN-P7QK2uQF68/edit#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bioshock Infinite

TIS-100

Khan academy

angarg12.github.io/TrueExponential/

factorio

Reading books.

Anything that you can potentially create (logic) circuitry in. Or just plain stress relief games (ie:shoot em' up games) to de-stress from working all those equations.

I wish my parents would have bought me a couple books and a computer rather than a nintendo when I was 7.

chess and only chess

this

Super smash bros meele.

Anything by Zachtronics: TIS-100, Space Chem, SHENZEN I/O, Infinifactory, KOHCTPYKTOP
Garry's mod + Wiremod + E2/Starfall/Exp2Adv/gate nostalgia
Minecraft + Computronics + OpenComputers/ComputerCraft/NedoComputers
Factorio
Screeps
There are many others, but not as good as these.

Dis nigga gets it

Kohctpyktop is so fucking good.

im only interested in the massive multiplayer of factorio, is it worth buying for the online alone?
does it play more like infinifactory or RTS resource gathering?

- Cities: Skyline
- Europa Universalis IV
- Red Dead Redemption
- Absolutely anything by Wolfram Alpha
- MATLAB
- Chess 3D
- Any chemical structure drawing software

Plays more like Infinifactory. The game is all about logistics.

Solving millenium prize problems

this

this is the complete and definitive list of all worthwhile video games.

also space station 13.

The Witness is pretty good

i just beat halo again
the first one

Minecraft

It is im my opinion, but you either need to play with your friends or Veeky Forums to fully experience it. It's like infinifactory but it's 2D and way way more complex and there is plenty of RTS elements in it. And there is lot's of mods that can extend gameplay to dozens of hours.

Well, SS13 doesn't require you to think, it's just a roleplay. Still, it's one of my favorite games ever.
But if you include SS13, you could also include all /egg/ games.
>Space Engineers
>StarMade
>Avorion
>From the Depths
>REM
>Robocraft
>Machinecraft
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Besiege
>Scrap Mechanic
>Robot Arena 2
>Algodoo
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Goat simulator

Myst and the like
Vanishing of Ethan Carter and the like
Any arty game that stimulates the mind and offers great music as well, games like ori and the blind forest.
These are for relaxation, however, like all videogames. They just offer relaxation while stimulating the mind.
All of the other suggestions in this thread are great, but I play games when i want to relax, these offer this.

>Minecraft
Dropped

(You)

What cardinal sin would I be committing for mentioning Kerbal Space Program?
Surely, it's simplified rocket science.

I destroy my brain playing LoL

>that webm
my sides

Videogames are a waste of time.
This user is right, discussion of videogames belongs in /v/ or Veeky Forums

Soma
Deus ex

i like ksp, not all the games in this thread are perfect simulators.

Orbiter or space engine also have pretty good sims built in

Talos Principle. Some puzzles are hard as nails but it is mostly the philosophy And senario

Shit is not easy

Netstorm.

Ph.D in mathematics

>Veeky Forums videogames

I thought there was something seriously wrong with me for taking 20-22 hours to finish it...

>Videogames are a waste of time.
Complete bullshit.
I learned programming from Garry's mod. And not just how to program, I learned fuckton of things, from designing processors and virtual machines to shaders and raytracers. Now I work practically as full stack developer, even thought it's my job and I have only one year of working experience. Nearly everything I know, except for programming languages themselves I learned from playing and modding games.
>This user is right, discussion of videogames belongs in /v/ or Veeky Forums
I've never said that.

top kek wtf

what the fuck

did he finish it
i need a download link

this fucking game

I bought it, started playing. Around 10 pm I figure "I'll just go to bed after I solve these logistical challenges". So I start working away, figuring out why the fuck shit isn't working, fixing inserters, etc. I figure it must be getting late, maybe 12 pm. So I look at the time. 4 am.

i was that kid
no sega or nintendo, but win3.11
games included math quest, eco quest, mavis beacon, castle and island of Dr Brain, chessica, plus others i cant remember

Dr Brain was pretty cool, my first exposure to programming robots through a maze

> castle
My man

Go
Grand strategy games
Dwarf fortress

i know the guy who made this, and he works for a three letter agency.

Rate my solution

This is literally the best I can come up with

How is matlab a fucking video game

> he doesnt do stuff on MATLAB for fun

go back to your hentai

Sure you do and sure he does.

I came here to post this.
you can find him on [math]\infty[/math]chan's agdg board

games in general

sierra discovery was the shit

What is the one game called where you can program your units and its kinda like an idle game?

I'm also in this thread now. Was actually coding the game this weekend (after not working much on it for a while). I overhauled some stuff in loliscript (a programming language I wrote for the game for scripting dialogue stuff with, kind of like a gimped interpreted c/lua but with more stuff designed for the dialogue system).

> 118 files changed, 2023 insertions(+), 2682 deletions(-)

Feels good, man. Deleting so much code while improving functionality.

Now I think I'm going to go back to working on the inventory/gift(or food) giving to lolis, and then I guess more on the digestion/nutrition system. Right now it's mostly the urine system that's implemented not so much the food one. (I do not plan on having scat though!)

I do? Since when?

No, I didn't finish it. There's an old (June 2015) download on 4+Veeky Forums's /agdg/.

What are some good programming-based games that aren't TIS-100? Doesn't have to be assembler.

>loliscript
you are the hero we need

I will vote to greenlight it on Steam.

Sure it won't work, but imagine the butthurt on Kotaku and the like if this gets enough traction.

Human Resource Machine is good.
Most things by Zachtronics: Space Chem, Infinifactory, Codex of Alchemical Engineering, KOHCTPYKTOP, and SHENZEN I/O which is coming out soon.
There's a neat short game here alexnisnevich.github.io/untrusted/
There's an old DOS/Apple II game called Robot Odyssey (pic related) that's wonderful.
If you really want to get into things you can read up on strategy and take part in Brainfuck Joust competitions. esolangs.org/wiki/BF_Joust

It's a fairly basic imperative interpreted language. It supports loops, recursions, functions, binding values between loliscript and the native C++ application you're scripting with (and calling C++ functions from loliscript, or loliscript ones from C++). int/float/bool/string are the only types. I didn't really feel a need to have arrays or maps or first-class functions with what I was doing.

I don't plan on releasing this anywhere normalfaggy. The plan is to release it for free and anonymously, and possibly open sourced. I released the full source code with both of the 2 demos I put out (Jan 2015/June 2015).

May I interest you in another project, after you're done with the lolis? That's a thinking man's game I've been waiting for ever since I saw that pic.

>Robot Odyssey

Looked for that fucking game everywhere and couldn't find a single .exe that worked

You'll need to run it in dosbox. If you need it, I can find my copy and upload

same way Solidworks is a video game

pls do, but from what I understand it runs too fast in dosbox

I play Warlight (Risk) and Words with Friends to unwind before bed every night. I play other, actual, video games too but not all that often anymore.

actually screw it, this should work fine
abandonia.com/en/games/828/Robot Odyssey.html
patch it with this for a framerate limiter and other things
scanlime.org/2009/04/a-binary-patch-for-robot-odyssey/

actually use this one instead. this copy fo the game matches the hashes:
myabandonware.com/game/robot-odyssey-6g

Wiremod's CPU is great too.

Looks pretty good, I'm still in the early stages and already my solutions are in-elegant as hell.

look at all that wasted nitrogen.
have the first waldo throw out oxygen until it gets nitrogen and then have the second waldo throw out nitrogen until it gets oxygen for a still simple but slightly less wasteful solution.

well I feel dumb. that patcher doesn't work with latest version of NASM.
this fork does github.com/houtianze/robot_odyssey_patcher

so use that with the myabandonware copy of the game.

I get errors patching that with -f so don't use that. at least frame limiter and keyboard mapper works

Try to out-spaghetti this if you can.

>No Tetris.
What the fuck?

KSP's rich modding community had made mods that are capable into making it into a very realistic space flight sim. Orbital decay is still lacking for some reason though.

professor layton on steroids

I told you it was hard to find.

This is an obviously smart guy, and he's programming games to simulate pre-teen rape dungeons.

What the fuck man

I came here to post this.

fucking kek i wanna play this

Project Euler. Not a video game, but it's a nice way to spend time.

this guy gets it

Well there's consensual loli sex simulation as well. Plus the ages spawned are 4-14, so that includes some early-pubescent, not exclusively prepubescent girls.

It's not like I'm dedicating 100% of my life to doing it, it's just one of various other things I use my skills for.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ePTo-4y6sSaTp13vkxzq8AfnIFHRExNN-P7QK2uQF68/edit#

ignore rus text, just google games

Nice, most of those are mentioned itt.

Big Pharma

>not making a mechanical computer

Is it just an adder? Or is it fully reversible like rod logic is supposed to be?

thinking games:
>the witness (good challenging, beautiful puzzlegame)
>KSP(!) (THE space programm simulator)
>portal (challenging great puzzler)
>minecraft (redstone building)
>powder toy (..particle simulator?)

alternativ view:
play stupid games after you've done the thinking at work. chances are thinking games are yet another way of procrastination with you wanting to feel less stupid about procrastinating and thinking: "boy, i'll just play these smart games! i clearly have the energy left to challenge myself with them and could use that to study more, but nah i'll probably learn nearly as much playing this game"

(counter strike is the best game)

The later puzzles you get toggle switches which if you're running slow can let you manually control the logic.

You could actually forgoe the detectors with manual logic, you just cannot run it fast.

But if you remember about the manual toggles it simplifies a lot of the late game puzzles.

>counter strike is the best game
True. It requires the quickest wits, reflexses and problem solving out of all other games. You need to have lightspeed correspondance between your mind and arms/hands/fingers.

Counter Strike is very repetitive. Same conditions on the same map.

What was your score for the hidden puzzle?
I think I ended up with 415, but I just thought of how to improve it a few days ago.
>tfw no indication of how well you compare to other people when your score is to the left of the entire bar graph
>no high score list

Im pretty sure you just compared live human players that always do something different as repetitive constants.