Veeky Forums food

I'm tired of Veeky Forums's shitty taste in food. Im curious to what you guys eat. Link some food that's tasty or maybe even a recipe and discuss.

Ill start.

>Slow Roasted Pork Belly
youtube.com/watch?v=9biIOtEYeHc

>Beef Stifado
youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2WmlzIMnQ

Other urls found in this thread:

culinaryarts.about.com/od/sauces/tp/Mother-Sauces.htm
youtube.com/user/foodwishes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good bread

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QHln025PDE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMH-NVHJEWA
can't find dinner

I'm a poorfag vegetarian, I eat a lot of porridge, cheap fruit (depends on season) and stuff like lentil soup (pictured)

Also lots of soups seasoned with curry. Chili sin carne is a nice poorfag pick, as well. Often I'm lazy and just grill veggies and eat with smoked tofu.

I made a nice Chicago style 'za today. Rate.

Arroz con pollo, couscous with tuna, porridge, rice and lentils/beans, PIZZA sometimes, salads and omelettes

>eating

I'm nourished by the written word alone

couscous with lots of vegies
easy pastas with whatever
nice piece of dead cow with some toasted bread soaked in olive oil/peper salt that bitch up, fresh salad with union and rocket salad
rice/chicken/fish with whatever sauce/vegies.
my tip would be to not over complicate stuff and ust try to trow things together you've never trown together before

I live in a dorm room and have too much social anxiety to cook anything in the communal kitchen. I live off apples, honey water, hard bread (with out butter, naturally), chocolate...
It's hell.

This would be me if I lived in a dorm room.

Same here. I eat cheese sandwiches and chocolate mostly. Still have to make coffee which stresses me out no end.

I got a coffee maker for my room, life improved by 200%, can't recommend it enough. Also you can make noodle in it. But where do you keep the cheese?
I drink my coffee with milk though which creates trouble. My mom brings me those tiny milk packages you get at conferences and shit which require no refrigeration. It's how I survive.

im socially inept, but loved using the communal kitchen. the feeling of occupying space that someone else might want to use, of being an impediment, is a nice one, you guys should try it.

Cheese can survive a while outside a fridge, depending on the type. A coffee maker is probably a good idea. I worry though that this line of thinking would end with me pissing in bottles and shitting in a bucket.

I'll post some meals I make

It's a slippery slope, user, you're right.
Oh god
I need an apartment.

looks cozy as fuck

posting Veeky Forums tea

>no gorgonzola sandwiches
I'm disappoint

Professional chef here.

I'd recommend anybody who wants to cook good food learns the 5 mother sauces first.

culinaryarts.about.com/od/sauces/tp/Mother-Sauces.htm

Once you know them you can really put whatever you have in your fridge together into something tasty.

Also I recommend this guys channel for some good tasty stuff

youtube.com/user/foodwishes

My diet is very simple. I have practically the same thing every day. Sweet potatoes, avocado (or frozen alaskan sockeye wild caught salmon, depending on the day), non fat plain greek yogurt, fresh ground peanut butter, oatmeal, various leafy greens (swiss chard, spinach, kale, whatever), bell peppers and onions, bananas, blueberries, apples, strawberries, and I get a ton of whole wheat wrap shells, which I either make wrap sandwiches out of, or I fold them up and stick them in the toaster and eat them plain. Plus coffee.

I'm very proud of my diet. I've measured the nutritional content and calories of what I eat for years, and researched what foods contain the most benefits, and this is essentially the sum of what I've come to - a diet of convenience, simplicity, and maximum benefits.

I'm pretty poor

I eat 2 eggs, 2 cups of oatmeal with 6tbsp of cream, 2-3 protein shakes everyday.

so patrician desu

This is your brain on positivism.

how do you have the mother sauces sitting around?
i would make more hollandaise, but half he time i fuck it up and i don't do it again for months
i'm not going to make fucking sauces on the regular

Hollandaise is the hardest of those (although its not that hard come on man), the rest are piss easy.

Hell just learn how to reduce white wine, shallots and some garlic, add butter, bam easy sauce. Add cream or a roux for thickness, or more wine, or stock, its easy. Add herbs for the appropriate meat/fish and you're set. you can play around with it. If you know how to make sauces you are good.