Your age

>your age

>your job

>your Veeky Forumserary ambition(s)

teacher
none

Highschool?

teaching and research at university on temporary contracts, looking for full lectureship or post-doc
working on academic monograph

>20
>writer
>get blacklisted

Work at a record store
Want to be the Antonioni of the millennial generation.

chiefly a leech, secondarily a poet, thirdly a painer
be mentioned in a review as a third rate ee cummings.

> 28
> Unemployed/Student
> Read 500 books before I die and use that knowledge to create something of value, lasting or otherwise.

>18
>work in an arcade
>write a fantasy story that is entertaining and has literary merrit

none/"graduate student"
publish academic papers, and maybe some fiction

I build batteries for submarines.

I want to read pretty books and someday write a pretty book myself maybe.

>20
>stemfag/chemistry student
>to become a good educated human being and just for relaxing after a long day of sitting at my desk and just using the logical part of my brain

>24

>copywriter, soon to be military if i can get in shape enough for NSW or I'll go back to school for math or engineering

>read enough philosophy to live well and be wise, read enough literature to better relate to and understand the world/people around me. Hopefully my notes/journal entries eventually become more than self-involved drivel for my potential grandchildren to cringe at.

>I build batteries for submarines.

Does that mean you're a nuke? how do you like it/ how difficult/ what kind of math do you use?

25 year old government consultant.

I'd like to write a short story collection.

Med-student
Finish a novel.

>26
>manufacturing engineer
>publish my great American modernist novel

Half way through it. A few more years to go, then the years of trying to get published.

>22
>police academy cadet
>go through my backlog so that I'm at the point where I can simply browse a bookstore/library and spontaneously choose my next read

What's it about?

>19
>contracting mostly asbestos and mold removal
>write good books and get travel grants for them

i work in finance, advisory side
no literary aspirations, I just enjoy reading

Student

None. Id like to be a writer but i doubt I"ll ever be one so I don't want to waste my life or my time getting a pointless degree just to get dissapointed and full of regret

>22
>student
>finishing my shitty novel

You can be a writer without having a lit degree. In fact most writers in Europe have not studied lit at school.

>26
>bartender (formerly)
>make enough money doing anything to sustain my current life abroad, whether that includes writing or whatever

No, it means I stand in front of an assembly line and press buttons. I guess it's not fair to say I actually 'build' the batteries...

sales coordinator
to continue enjoy reading literature.

>doesn't matter

>doesn't matter

>to eat that girl's ass

waiter/undergrad
write, complete, and possibly publish a novel someday/go to grad school and into academia

chef

no ambitions. i used to toy with the thought of writing, but unless one is willing to churn out pulpy trash for teenage audiences, one can never hope to succeed in todays market. sure, there are still good books that gain a measure of notoriety - but its literally like winning the lotto. nowadays my greatest literary ambition is to look at pics of cute 19 year olds on goodreads & think naughty thinks...

How can you be a student at 28?

Most men have made their first million by your age. How can you justify that?

Where abouts mate?

Student

Not really. Ideally I'd like for some of my writings to influence and be read be some niche circles.

Spotted the 17 yo Trump supporter

Stop posting.

21, liberal arts uni student (gov. sponsored, all hail eurofag), become a scholar or write/teach in some shape or form outside of academia.

>25
>agronomy engineer
>offing myself in front of Borges' tomb with a copy of my short story collection on my arms

>24
>retailcuck
>poet

My life is suffering.

A retailcuck at 24?

Seriously?

Hermingway had published his first collection of stories at 24, had married, had a child, and was working in Paris as a correspondent for the Toronto Mail

So how do I do that

What kind of retail place do you work at?

Is it full time?

Aerospace engineer
/pol/ just popping by. I'm collecting a list of books that will be destroyed in the coming years.

What part of my life is suffering do you not understand. To be fair though, its hard to compare oneself to Hemingway.

A midwest retail chain similar to Walmart. Fulltime. 3rd shift. Plz help.

Some people go to college later in life. Or maybe he is a graduate student, it is not particularly strange to find students past their 30s or 40s doing a master or phd, iirc the average age to finish a phd in an academic field was around 32.

>23
>retailcuck+instructional aide @ local school district
>at this point my goal is to write compelling nonfiction loosely based around my experiences

it'd be nice to get at some of the nuance beneath regular every day shit. i'm afraid i'm going to sound like some kind of freaked out acid head but i guess at least i'm practicing writing

I'm gonna need a sauce on that, bud.

I know a guy who is 25 and has a PhD in comparative literature, earns $35k a year and has sex with at least two different 18-21 year old girls every week.

John Kennedy Toole had a PhD aged 23.

Self-employed.
Writing a book would nice I suppose, but I was lucky enough to escape the wage cuck meme at an early age; I'm not in a hurry to do anything really.

>implying
Writing something that I personally enjoy reading

>35k
What's poverty like

You keep talking about other people. What are (you) up to user?

Technical translator
Write a pasta that will live through the ages. If that's not a possibility, working as a Veeky Forumserary translator would be nice.

>NSF Time to Degree of U.S. Research Doctorate Recipients
>pic

Also have in mind than in the U.S it is possible to enter a PhD program with a bachelors. This is not the case, in fact the norm outside the U.S is that you need a master's degree before applying for a PhD.
This doesn't mean that you can get a PhD while you're in your early twenties, but it is certainly not the average.

CC college student (Information Security)
I want to be a writer and maybe a teacher/prof someday

>Also have in mind than in the U.S it is possible to enter a PhD program with a bachelors. This is not the case, in fact the norm outside the U.S is that you need a master's degree before applying for a PhD.
In defense of the U.S education, PhD tend to be longer and they can take up to 8 years to complete. In other countries they usually take less time, but they have completed a 2-year master before the PhD.

student, but have been working in a bookshop this summer
i would like to have something published in some capacity before the end of this year, not thinking too far ahead

Mechanical Engineer, did design analysis on computer some for 3 years, system development now
I'd like to create my own ideas full time in the future, writing is a big part of that.

If I could convince myself to read all day in bed and drink coffee I would have reached my aspirations

35k is a good 10k over what most people working full time on min wage are getting

Doing PhD, + odd jobs
Academia hopefully, and some non-academic writing stuff that is going OK

>20

>Getting a bullshit degree

>Putting together a semi-decent, interesting 200 pages

what phd program are u doing desu

>18 (and it's sickening that I'm no longer lying)
>NEET
>Hahahaha

>22

>Work for the USDA analyzing soil/water for farms and running experiments for my boss

>I just like to read books to be honest; I would like to finish the bibliographies of Dickens, Hemingway, Melville, and Tolkien some time in the next few years, I'm about halfway done

It is about a young man who leaves his home and family and travels to the American heartland in search of fortune and glory. He meets people and explores. Feels lonely and scared. Ultimately develops as a person and finds peace as someone different who left years earlier. It is told through a series of letters from the main character to his friends and family back home.

NEET

I want to write a book but I am worried it will be shit so for now it's in my head.

Maritime academy student

Get myself lit.

Assistant Payroll Administrator
Stop being a monoglot pleb

Also last night I had a dream that I wrote a YA novel and it sold 4000 copies before being remaindered, and I never got another contract. It was still a pretty nice dream.

>24
>Happily unemployable
>Grow slushpile until something organically begins to coalesce

Christian fundamentalism and shitty parents, among a dozen other things. Not your business.

>20
>Software Engineer
>Live as a full time writer by coasting after a decade of saving up silicon valley money.

you want to make super fucking boring movies?

Continental philosophy

Please don't laugh

Don't listen to that guy.

Student
I want to read a large number of books and maybe publish a short story collection some day

neet

sell a screenplay

No wonder this board is so shit.

>40

>elevator tech

> get sci fi series published.

Just had a sit down with a literary agent after a reading. She wants me to send her three chapters. Fingers crossed.

>19
>shit state university
>make friends

teachers at my old high school would start at 45k

Is he a sociopath? please tell me he is sociopath. I'd love to meet a faggot like that and stab his intestines with a pocket-knife

>Hermingway had published his first collection of stories at 24, had married, had a child, and was working in Paris as a correspondent for the Toronto Mail
Did this Hemingway guy even try? Nietzsche was proffesor with 24. Einstein published a theory that revolutionized physics when he was 26.

as long as you enjoy it. im starting college this year and i plan to go to grad school.

probably going to do whatever floats my boat and avoid real world obligations for as long as possible in an attempt to stay in the academic bubble.

have a good life, user.

Galusha Pennypacker was a brigadier general at 20, and was already a seasoned veteran at 19.

inb4 some faggot posts Mozart to keep this age accomplishment dick swinging contest afloat.

Protip, don't compare yourself to to others, work with what you have.

Fuck you, I wrote the Iliad at the tender and supple age of 13.

>nope
>nope
>leave Veeky Forums

Kys