Philosophy is dead. It is an infinitely recursing rabbit hole of questions

Philosophy is dead. It is an infinitely recursing rabbit hole of questions

Can a question be posed whose answer you could not ask why to again?

No. So go live your life in the physical world and forget it. If you think about it too much you're already failing and proving this right.

Other urls found in this thread:

oyc.yale.edu/ecology-and-evolutionary-biology/eeb-122/lecture-23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stupid teenager.

Maybe but I'm right

You're not right, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you should stop making posts.

Why aren't I right

It's not that you're not right, it's that nobody cares.

Fair enough, then you're following the guide better than I am

I knew I was in the wrong place

mathematics often goes into the realm of thought and abstraction to find methods that later turn out to be applicable in the real world.
there is some inherent truth in logic by definition and you should not underestimate it.

Philosophy has a presence in science still, especially in neuroscience. Too bad you're still too dumb/young to actually appreciate that, and probably see science as nothing more than some place to feed your ego and do trivial stuff for money

You're missing the entire point of philosophy. The point is to ask questions, not necessarily provide any answers. If you think about philosophy with a scientific attitude, it won't make any sense at all.

Like, yes. You're right. The point of philosophy is discourse. So?

You guys have no fucking clue what philosophy is.

How do you convince people to give funding for science?
That's philosophy.

Should you even care about funding science?
That's philosophy.

What should science even commit to research?
That's philosophy

You underage faggots are frustrating. Go away.

>Epistemology is cucked by Mathematical Logic
>Ethics and Metaphysics are cucked by Theology
>Natural Philosophy is cucked by Mathematics

Philosophy is dead.

lol nice meme dude.

>hurr durr open-ended questions are kind of philosophical

Science is a branch of philosophy.

you forgot the most important one

>Science is cucked by publishing

The value of scientific work has deteriorated into a flashy status luxury good to be bought and sold by media companies.

i dont know i studied it a bit and im alright at ace attorney so i guess that's a plus

This in itself is a philosophy.
>"All thought before mine is dogshit"

Ha.
Nice try user.
Go back to your parents' house and cry there.

But seriously, no. Science is inherently different from philosophy. Even philosophers acknowledge it.
Read Kant if you want to know more.

The unexamined life is not worth living.

I feel like I'm being swallowed by a tidal wave of philosophy posts every time I visit this board nowadays

> triggered

Modern philosophy/logic PhDs are active in AI, being credited on every paper I've seen on multi-agent systems design or the literature on belief-revision/database updating ect.

There's a significant community of modern philosophers/logicians actively contributing to developments in CS. Also, check out the Philosophy department at CMU: they've got someone employed full-time to work on implementations of philosophically-inspired causal inference systems.

Logic, reasoning/decision making ect this is all getting money thrown at it right now in the rush towards AI.

Woah there buddy. Let's figure out your argument here.

> Ad hominem implying I live with parents
Nice one. Really relevant and contributes to your point.

> Kant makes an airtight case
Have you actually read Kant? If you did, you might have read what others have said about him over the years. You can't just cite Kant and expect that to resemble a coherant argument.

Do you honestly think the assumption that the world is governed by laws isn't a philosphical assumption? If so, nice meme dude.

Fucking this, publishers had their purpose when articles were written by hand/typewriters and delivered by mail. No they had no valid reason to exist.

This is a good lecture on how philosophy and science converge.

oyc.yale.edu/ecology-and-evolutionary-biology/eeb-122/lecture-23

"Overview- While there are many differences between modern science and philosophy, there are still a number of lessons in modes of thought that scientists can take from philosophy. Scientists' ideas about the nature of science have evolved over time, leading to new ideas about falsifiability, creativity, revolutions, and the boundaries and limits of what can be accomplished by different types of science."

Looks like SOMEBODY just went to their first week of classes and learned about postmodernism