Bible thread

Bible thread.

Currently reading Numbers. God damn the Israelites were whiny idiots. How many times does God need to slaughter you fuckers for disobeying until you stop??

Ordering a copy in German soon, gonna be fun christbrudi

Kek, this was my reaction when first diving into the Old Testament. The modern meme is that God is a murderous asshole, but by the time you're done with the OT it almost seems like the Hebrews deserved it.

Also, they both got better. Mostly.

The Israelites really were annoying. I felt really sorry for Moses; imagine having to put up with that shit for 40 years.

What in your opinion is the best translation to read the first time?

You can't argue with King James.

I like it because it is the uncensored Bible. It tries to preserve the dynamics of the original as closely as possible; ie Saul basically calls Jonathan a son of a bitch, David references the male tendency to piss against walls.

"Son of a perverse, rebellious woman" doesn't sound like something you would say in a blind rage.

ye those children were gunna grow up 2 be cunts anyways amirite????

NRSV
anyone that tells you otherwise is an idiot

are you reading the bible like a story book? like look, they never stop, no one has ever stopped, its just you need to stop.

Ok ziggers, tell me what you understand when you read this:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."
-Revelation 22:11

But is it all real?

Infallible.

im just finishing up 2 chronicles then ezra nehemiah then job and psalms and proverbs after

Just wait till you get to Tobit.

live and let live?

Then this another one is supporting chop off of hands?

"And if thy right hand causeth thee to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body go into hell."
-Matthew 5:30

If you're doing nothing shot that's fucking you up, stop it. It's better to remove that habit/person/treasured item from your life than to lose your life for the sake of it.

If you're doing shit***

Is there any reason to live in this world without the salvation of Christ?

>this sentence
>Veeky Forums

Choose one.

It's about the end times. Basically before jesus returns God's gonna cut off all the people that won't stop sinning and let them do their thing without any hope of salvation. Instead of their lives being judged from birth to death, its gonna be judged from birth to that point. This will work out because from this point no ones character will change because there'll
be no urge within them to repent