Why can't I hallucinate?

So, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I've been experimenting with psychedelics and hallucinogens throughout college (shrooms, LSD, DMT, salvia, etc) and while they definitely fuck me up, I never experience auditory or visual hallucinations. Is there a reason for this?

Keep in mind I take a higher dosage than the average person due to this, so it's not like I'm not taking enough (frankly, I'd rather not push it any further) pic related, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you smoke weed when you were tripping? I usually need to smoke if I want to truly break through. Even just smoking cigarettes on acid is enough for me to make my trip deeper. Just a thought

My problem is the inverse, curiously enough. Relatively minor and ordinary compounds make me hallucinate, some of which are common foods and spices, like ginger.

Chocolate causes profound changes in my perception of relative size, depth, and scale.

Because visual hallucinations are a myth. You won't see a punk elephant in the room or bugs bunny sitting next to you. Everything happens when your eyes are closed when your mind expands to infinity. The only visuals you can get are little waves when you stare at a uniform color like your ceiling.

I actually do smoke weed when on shrooms and acid, yeah, but only because they make me nauseous and it helps to calm me down. Could it possibly be inhibiting something?

that's fucking crazy, maybe some peoples' brain chemistry is just a little different than most?

I'd like to know if there is any research that suggests certain people are affected differently (or not at all) by certain substances?

I'm not sure. I know I had Alice in Wonderland syndrome frequently as a child, and have visual snow. I don't think there's a strictly vascular basis underpinning it, but it probably plays a large role.

I revisited some places recently, that I'd never been to without having consumed a decent amount of chocolate beforehand. They're quite a bit different. Spaces I experienced as very large are actually quite a bit smaller. Distance between objects is much smaller, objects are much smaller, etc. I also felt quite a bit taller, a sensation that I'm lower to the ground is common.

Had a lot of strange things happen in my life. On a base mechanical level, some people are outliers as far as the clustering of effects on an overall spectrum, relative to whatever compound or stimulus. On the topic of drugs though, has anyone else had a lasting sense of everything moving in slow motion after smoking a lot of weed? Not sure if I was seeing more detail per a given window of time or what. Lasted for ~3 days.

Are you taking any SSRIs or other prescribed medication? Or were you drinking while trying to trip?

Possibly because your preconceived idea what you should be experiencing is hindering your perception of the trip. You shouldn't think about the effects of the drug at all, you need to get out of the mindset of "why am I not seeing/feeling a certain way" and instead put the drug at the back of your mind and go about your activities with a clear head... listen to music, enjoy nature, whatever you do you'll actually experience the trip if you let yourself go and stop over thinking it

You have never actually done psychedelics. Everyone has been selling you portabellas and tiny squares of damp paper because you are a douche. Deal with it.

That's actually the first time I've heard that. I could believe it for everything other than DMT, though, everyone other than me has had a dream sequence full of weird (as well as mundane) visuals even though it was only for 5 minutes or so.

None of the above.

I honestly think this might be it but I think that's what I was doing already to begin with? I wasn't really expecting anything, I was just going into it with an open mind while relaxing and listening to music but for some reason when I'm tripping I hate music and find it frighteningly overwhelming & uncomfortable, as with most stimulus like TV, my phone, PC, etc.

nice meme. I bet you think you can trick people thinking oregano is weed, too.

Faggots like OP yeah. Its easy

If you've ever done any drug in your entire life you would know how stupid you sound. What are you, 16?

>I actually do smoke weed when on shrooms and acid, yeah, but only because they make me nauseous and it helps to calm me down.
Are you sure the acid you got was real? Never had shrooms so I'm not sure about that.

>everyone other than me has had a dream sequence full of weird (as well as mundane) visuals even though it was only for 5 minutes or so.
This happened to me when I tried salvia. I only took one hit though.

>for some reason when I'm tripping I hate music and find it frighteningly overwhelming & uncomfortable, as with most stimulus like TV, my phone, PC, etc.
Again, maybe it wasn't real acid. Some research chemicals can produce some pretty weird trips.

>The only visuals you can get are little waves when you stare at a uniform color like your ceiling.
This. I saw some kaleidoscope stuff when staring out clouds and waves of color when looking at colorful motionless pictures.

I'm actually not completely sure if it was 'real' acid, at the time I had no idea there were knock-offs but then again I've only done it 3 times (each from a different dealer) but the effects were basically the same each time.

I looked up the symptoms and they all point to psychosis. Could it be possible that my brain filters out the open/closed-eye visuals and just goes straight to the psychosis? I've never had a 'good' trip before which is why I'm probably not gonna try them again.

Fucking kek. I used to be in the drug scene, from about 15-20. You would know how underage you sound if you had outgrown that phase, which everyone eventually does. I stick to alcohol these days.

>visual hallucinations are a myth
The diphenhydramine spiders on my floor beg to differ

>drug scene
>phase
>alcohol
>kek
Holy shit, could you be any more underage? You come off as a middle school kid trying to sound 'mature.'

He really does. I'm kind of curious why he's bothering.

It is strange. I can reliably hallucinate if I consume large amounts of caffeine after sleep deprivation. Right when I'm about to fall asleeo I have "waking dreams" I am awake, but I see and hear some weird shit. Pretty fun. Also, meditating in a dark room for about 45 minutes, I'll see things.

Guys, I'm not hallucinating. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Why the fuck would you damage your brain with drugs? Do people like lowering their intelligence?

Drugs are bad, yo.

No they aren't. My relationship with cocoa beans, ethanol, kava, and historically, amphetamine, has been dualistic to say the very least. But I'd very likely be dead without them, and never would have realized anywhere near as much as I have.

Psychedelics and hallucinogens have no detrimental effect on your intelligence, stop talking out of your ass like a soccer mom. The worst they can do is make you go crazy, which I'm not sure if that's better or worse than being stupid.

I once tripped on Shrooms sitting in my car and saw oranges dancing in a tree across from me, I turned into the wind, and it started raining (except it hadn't, that was part of the hallucination) and the droplets were showing small stick men during early civilizations.

Dude I've literally known people that have fallen for this.

When you took the acid did it taste bitter by any chance? There's a lot of fake LSD going around that are actually NBOMe research chemicals so you may want to get a testing kit.

I'm in the same boat as you OP; I've had well over 100 psychedelic experiences and have tried approx. 14 psychedelic compounds.

I get plenty of mindfuck, but generally no visuals at all.

I should add: I typically smoke weed when I trip.

>promoting, encouraging and discussing drug use on Veeky Forums
These are high levels of degeneracy

Are you prescribed any benzodiazepines? Alcoholic?

Hope you never eat chocolate or drink anything containing caffeine, nor use ibuprofen (metabolizes to a compound that binds to CANNABINOID RECEPTORS, like CANNABIS), you druggy degenerate ;^)

this. dont touch the bong until at least 3 hours after eating. you will feel an amazing compulsion to smoke weed; resist it and let the waves take over you.

try going somewhere you cant smoke (e.g. go to the beach or something and dont bring pot with you) where once you are incapacitated with the sweet ambrosia, you wont be able to get back to where your weed is for a few hours, until you have motor control again.

Try 6+g mushies, 50mg MDMA and don't smoke weed. Have some xanax handy for the comedown.
It shouldn't be possible to not hallucinate on hallucinogens.

Big Pharma and the FDA approved cocoa, caffeine, ibuprofen so they must be safe.

Marijuana is bad.

Dude you'll ruin your life after only one marijuanas.

drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body
>Substantial evidence from animal research and a growing number of studies in humans indicate that marijuana exposure during development can cause long-term or possibly permanent adverse changes in the brain.

Marijuana is very harmful for ones who's brains are still in major developments (e.g, children, adolescents, teenagers, young adults).

Marijuana is harmful for everyone and anyone.

I don't doubt it causes longstanding changes.
Then again I also know plenty of longterm daily weed smokers. We're talking for the last 40 years.

I know first hand that it's multifaceted, and actually know the nuance involved. While this
>Marijuana is harmful for everyone and anyone.
is overblown, and naive, I also wouldn't suggest people 420 blaze it all day every day, nor would I say it's fine for younger people.

Overuse of sweeteners in modern society is a bigger problem.

>Change is bad

>drugabuse.gov
>trustworthy source
Errrrrr.......

Nice samefag

No.

Smoke weed
Don't try to hallucinate just sort of go with the trip
Have a low-light area with an interesting pattern.

Also I dunno about the other stuff but Salvia for me was the only one with real visual hallucinations, that is to say I was looking at a wall and it gave way to other things. Shrooms and acid I just felt like the walls were vibrating or had some moving patterns

Schizophrenia lowers your average iq.

Visual hallucinations can definitely happen, I've imagined whole groups of people sitting by a camp fire or people standing next to me while I'm peeing.
It seems that any serotogenic drug triggers this though, I've had it on xtc as well.