Have you read The Tunnel? What did you think?

Have you read The Tunnel? What did you think?

look at that bad ass coffee warmer doing it's mother fucking job

That office space is goals.

Comfy office desu

I read Sabato's

How many times has he reached an eruptive orgasm in that comfy af chair? I bet he beats it two, maybe three times a day.

It's 'ok', but his later work was better.

Windows are important to me

Ifag Pro? your fucking plebe man, i wont read your book, dumb bourgois geezer

desu I don't get Gass

i've read in the heart of the country and i had no idea what the point was

Yes, it's one of my favorites. I understand, though, why most of the people who attempted to read it have hated it--it's long, completely plotless, confusing, offensive, and highly unorthodox in both form and content. But for people like me--fags with nothing better to do than piece together word puzzles and extract substance from seemingly substanceless text--it's a very fun time.
Understandable.
Do rivers, user.

lad needs a mechanical keyboard

I read it, it's one of my favourite books. Got me into Gass, for which I'm really grateful. I remember while reading at certain points I hated it because it made me feel so misanthropic. However, after reading it I am very glad to have read it. Huge sections of the book are written in a transcendentally beautiful way, and the emotional resonance, especially that of the last section dealing with the mother and father's downfalls, was incredibly powerful. The questions of historical truth, parallels between petty human conflicts and great wars, and the ideas of the importance of language were very interesting. Most of all, Gass's prose in itself asked some fascinating questions. Having read On Being Blue and In The Heart of the Heart of the Country, I'd say that the Tunnel is my favourite, but the other two that I have read were also incredibly beautiful and profound. Really want to read his other work. Basically senpai, don't listen to the memes about Gass, he's a phenomenal writer. If you've ever admired a perfectly pure sentence for its composition, you'll love him. If you are interested in matters of human nature like the interplay of love, hate, and memories, you'll love the Tunnel.

post more comfy workspaces pls

Where do I even go to buy this book? I can't find anything online which doesn't give me a lot of confidence for a bookstore.

Amazon, m80. I have a pdf I can upload, if you want.

different user

i'd read

Not even the pedersen kid?

>that stack of books with bookmarks

on-book-at-a-time-fags BTFO

kek I want one of those now

Ayyy, second one from the bottom even has two.

no, can't take fat ugly white people seriously