Do you create an inner voice in your head when you read?

Do you create an inner voice in your head when you read?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=synesthesia learned
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, git gud

Usually no but you just made me do it so fuck you

Yes, there's a word for it and it fucks up your reading speed as a result.

Not unless I can't understand what I'm reading and have to slow down.

Are there any good books on reading, reading comprehension, speed reading?

I try not to, but it's difficult desu. Also, I saw a study that suggested it's nearly impossible to completely stop yourself from doing it.

All the time. Does this mean I'm a brainlet? Frankly I can't even imagine how you CAN read without hearing an internal voice.

Subvocalization

You can suppress it but not eliminate it entirely.

I would imagine it has to do why the way our brains works. Correlating visual patterns with audio patterns and vice versa.

>it fucks up your reading speed as a result.
That's a weird way of putting it since most people do it by default. It would be more accurate to say you can improve your speed by limiting subvocalization, but this can also hurt your reading comprehension.

if the words and/or subject matter is unfamiliar to me, then yes

otherwise, no. the words are basically images to me and reading is image recognition.

No, the inner voice in my head creates reading

This. Even speedreading there is some subvocalization, but it reduces retainment and reading comprehension.

Everyone subvocalizes. This is scientifically shown.

I do everyday, even as I'm typing this. Yes...and now....and now....EVEN THEN

No, but I can.

Reading that way forces serialization. Otherwise you can skip around without losing information. The brain has already parsed the important structural aspects of most sentences before you've even finished the first word.

Only the first few words.

The only time I don't is when I'm skimming. Like scrolling past a bunch of shitposts on Veeky Forums.

ithinkagoodexampleofminimalsubvocalizationiswhatyouaredoingnowasyoureadandparsethissentenceyouareskippingaroundwithyoureyesdartingbackandforthasthemeaningandkeyfeaturescrystalizeinyourmindonlysemilinearly

crystal resonance energy mmmaannn
wwwwooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Deaf people don't subvocalize, therefore I'd say it's a type of synesthesia.

Apparently synesthesia can be learned.
google.co.uk/search?q=synesthesia learned

So perhaps sub-vocalization can be unlearned?

rarely equations
but a poem I would

The subvocalization is scientifically shown by measuring sub-actional nervous impulses to the vocal chords.

Deaf people "subvocalize" with sub-actional nervous impulses to the hands corresponding to the sign language corresponding to the words.

Everyone subvocalizes.

yep

>.co.uk

No, probably because I listen music in my head even when I read, talk, solve problems, etc.

>I listen music in my head even when I read, talk, solve problems, etc.
this sounds incredibly annoying

I love my audiovisual hallucinations. Keeps me on my toes.

>.cu.ck

Try counting in your head only imagining the numbers concept, not the word, it's impossible, after 2-3 you can't avoid counting with words that represent numbers.

Yeah. I usually attempt to make it in my version of the characters voices but that's rather hard.

Pen cruising over the text helps me speed read without subvocalization.
But I look like an autist doing it.

thats fuckin trippy

No - my brain just decodes the written information and processes it and works with it just as you work with information when you hear somebody, watch it on a screen and so on.

When I read for extended periods of time I just get in the state where I just look over at half a sentence and comprehend the whole meaning of it - without going with whole words - the story just unfolds in my head in the same way regardless of how fast or slow I read it.

For some scenes I go slowly when I want to - or re-read if I think I've missed a detail.

Everyone subvocalizes, including those who claim they don't.

No I see images and visualizations of whatever I'm reading.

big black cock

well played.

At the cost of comprehension. It might not even improve reading speed, speed reader just say that it does.

kek

i closed my eyes and tried it. it hardly went away but the crazy part was how easily i can see the number in detail

I do it for everything.

psychotic or synesthesia?

I do that all time time. It's not impossible. Probably because of my mental problems though.

That's a symptom of AUTISM my friend. Donate for the cause!
Think again, I'm black. Makes me think of my own dick, hmmm. Being autistic and black is a struggle. Maybe I just need more money for dem programs.

What if we took a deaf person, paralyzed their arms. Would they be able to read?

my subvoice ranges from a gay sounding voice to a mid range monotonous. it does not reflect the way i speak.

Yes.

>mfw it's not my voice

african man who narrated a prison movie

I never thought about it before, but no. I have never made that. I just kind of absorb the shit written down and get easily drawn in.
Its fucking spooky the more I think about it.

Everyone who thinks they don't lacks self-awareness. Everyone does.

>subvocalizers
truly the lowest form of brainlet.

Literally everyone subvocalizes, including those who claim they do not. This is scientifically proven.

>mozart
>not sub-vocalizing his music
>kanye
>not sub-vocalizing his sub-vocals
>not activating your almonds
be sure to color in the lines chump

I hear the voice when i read shit material but with a good novel i visualize the story in my head instead........ fuck... im probably autistic

Yes user, sometimes I even read outloud and make funny voices for all the things you retards say.

Hurr durr. I just read your post, and made you sound like a jackass.

angular gyrus or something