Is world peace attainable?

Is world peace attainable?

The whole Humanity working together in behalf of Human progress and science?

Yes.

Yes, but not in your life time. Or even your children's life time.

OP, you haven't realized that's a /pol/ edit right?

No, it's impossible to achieve it, the only way is to make anything to only one option

No

This tbqh

Maybe like a Brave New World type world peace where there aren't any real wars but the leadership has to be ultra authoritarian to prevent them

Yes but it's going to take something extremely catastrophic, or we're going to need a common enemy, If a meteor was heading towards Earth or possibly another civilization that is deemed harmful, We'd definitely come together. As for now, no. There's no way. We'll just keep killing each other.

No. Humanity is too different. You'd literally need to kill/mix most of humanity and maintain similarity and reduce violence.

Or, have something worse to fight, like an alien invasion, where the entire world must focus their attention on it.

Just make a myth about a an alien invasion and everyone comes together and have this myth go on for like a decade or 12

>Is world peace attainable?

Yes

>The whole Humanity working together

No. You can have productive or destructive competition, but there will always be competition of some sort.

No, again.

No.

It is if everyone put aside their differences and past wrongs towards each other, but you will never get everyone to do that. Even if you got rid of all the heinous crimes or ideologies people hate each other for, people will still find petty reasons to hate and inflict violence towards other for.

>is world peace attainable
If the world were filled with people like me, yes.

>Is world peace attainable?
Yeah, we're pretty damn close to it overall, barring the Middle East. The great powers are unlikely to ever engage in military conflict with each other ever again, so after a century when regional conflicts are solved, world peace will be a thing.

>The whole Humanity working together in behalf of Human progress and science?
lol no

Its already happening. The only wars we still have are asymmetrical gorefests against hyper religious cavemen and criminals. There will still be widespread conflict and crime but full on industrialized warfare is going away, unless we go full nuclear on ourselves in the next few hundred years.

>You'd literally need to kill/mix most of humanity and maintain similarity and reduce violence.

That wouldn't work.

No matter how small you make our differences, humans still need to compete with each other for limited resources. They'll find reasons to disrespect the 'other', and convince themselves into thinking whatever they need to to condone taking what they need.

anyone else who saved that abomination please replace it with the original

weell aren't you special

We already have near world peace. There are only a few small conflicts and some terrorism involving some backwoods savages refusing to accept the demise of their dated culture.

Superpowers aren't in a position to risk large wars these days, it wouldn't be profitable.

Once the savages learn that shitposting is better than shit flinging we're all set.

Pic related.

So Europe, most of Americas and Australia are almost conflict frees. Still, its car from.GLOBAL peace, seeing large Asia and Africa in fire.

A few 'wars' that aren't even real wars by a lot of definitions but mostly civil conflicts in which a few tens of thousands of people die at most is nothing in a world with 7.5 billion people.

that's also a good point.
Well, I was more hoping for a global government which could turn money away from war to science, but I guess it will take us a while

World peace only exists if you don't have a large population where people can keep to themselves.

Hahahaha I laugh every time someone says there's war in Mexico. There IS NOT. Stop spreading bullshit

A lot of military inventions are later repurposed for civilian use though.

Some might argue that war or at least the threat of it is actually great for scientific process because it gives governments a lot of incentive to pump enormous amounts of resources and effort into research because of the rivalry with the opposing side leading to great urgency.

And you might also argue that some military technology like big fat nukes have actually helped contribute to world peace since no superpower can afford all out war any more without guaranteeing mutual destruction. Since World War 2 all decently sizeable wars have basically been proxy wars.

The same goes for a lot of the African shitholes the map mentioned, but I mostly posted it as to show a general idea of how little actual armed conflict there is in the world today.

I know, totally agree and I've always been telling all pacifist to return iPhones ifthey are so anti war and think it's only had things. That's the price of progress I guess. Probably speaking from.a position of semi privileged European citizen, but still.

Do you even want world peace? I think in order to have true peace, freedom must also be suppressed. True freedom is also freedom to have conflicts and to disagree with other people. If there were a true world peace would have to mean that everyone agrees with each other, which I think would make it a pretty boring place.

You're going to build that wall, Paco.

You've posted the exact same goddamn thread before.
Fuck off.

Yes, kill all those with sub100-IQ.
This will never happen.
So no.

some country would probably ally with aliens and other abuse european-american alliance focusing on stopping aliens to reclaim their clay or some other shit

humanity will never learn

gotta kill /pol/ first then

Yes but only when money is not a thing.

Probably not.

Maybe if you made everyone a vegetable

This

depends what your definition of world peace is
if everyone was getting along until someone punched someone else over an argument then would that break world peace?

or does it only matter between countries or more organized groups?

there are no civil wars going on in the USA
is the USA 'at peace'?

>is the USA 'at peace'?

The country is at peace but people are not.

Oh? Must be the reason why in the early ages of humanity we kept having wars.

Stop making these stupid threads