Will continental philosophy ever recover from this?

will continental philosophy ever recover from this?

>Analytic Philosophy
>"Here is one hand, here is another. Therefore, the world exists."

That's fucking hilarious. Smart people like me already realised that philosophy is for social posturing (I'm the Munchhausen trilemma poster). The hand thing is philosophers becoming aware of it

>The "here is one hand" idea deeply influenced Ludwig Wittgenstein
Amd Veeky Forumsizens try to claim him as their pure non analytic husbandu.

nice trips
but Wittgenstein critique Moore. On Certainty was written almost again Moore, taking into account three papers (proof of external word, certainty, and defense of common sense).
It influenced only in the sense that he came to write about certainty because he thought moore was utterly wrong in the argument, although the argument shows how a proof is supposed to look like.

It's the parts he didn't write, which you can't read, that count for the most.

>philosophy is for social posturing
it isn't, but if you don't know why, I'm not taking my time to explain it to U,

The real question is will continental philosophy ever recover from being continental philosophy?

Continental philosophy is easier to get into because there is a sense of emotional intuition that goes along with it (oh, master-slave dialectic, I see that all the time in my real life! Oh, class warfare, I'm poor, that's so me!)

But at the end of the day it is really just that. Emotions expressed in a pseudo-philosophical form. And the reason they hate Analytics is because they have no 'soul' - that is to say, they prefer to avoid emotion in their work.

Continental vs. analytic is about as meaningful a distinction as "sometimes less sometimes more furry dogs, cats and some red pandas vs. totally furry cats with stripes and stuff".

Analytical philosophy is for pseudo-mathematicians who are too retarded for the real thing.

>red pandas
Badphilfags need to stop believing they're welcome here.

Then what does that make continental philosophy??

Feels.

So we have pseudo-mathematics, and feels.

Choose neither.

Actually, I'm a pseudo-philosohper who is a real masters student in mathematics.

this

I like both.

Continental philosophy
>Do you ever think that maybe the way we perceive "objects" is relative to our construction of our individual lifeworld? But we seem to agree in many aspects of our different lifeworlds. How do you think this is mediated intersubjectively?

Analytic philosophy
>IF QP THEN [PP]..n1,n2,n3, in all possible worlds "F(1)" F={Q + n}, then in World Σ has no wizards and science is good; therefore, liberal capitalism is correct, and you're not allowed to have feelings. There is no God! Vote Hillary.

zənci ishal irinli

These are all accurate examples of what it's like dealing with these people.

>Truths

>philososphy

get a job a worthless maggots

I may be a dumb analytic but can I not intuit that 1+1=2 or A ≠ !A

Analytic philosophy is for positivist fags who fell for the objectivity meme

Continental philosophy is for self-help School of Life fags who fell for the meme meme

> Believing in the emotion/reason dichotomy
> Thinking you're intelligent or philosophically competent

Sorry, forgot the image

>Veeky Forums doesn't even know who this guy is

is there anything that isn't a meme?

things you invent yourself but never share with society at large. it will of course have no value.

>value

...which is the paradox I was aiming for :^)

It was probably thinking of ethical or political currents of analytic philosophy.

Thomism, got it.

>Eating pizza
I must be a continental philosopher

>look up analytic philosophy in dictionary
>look up continental philosophy in dictionary
>take these definitions at face value
>become wise beyond the limits of both traditions

Why is Veeky Forums full of the most insufferable literalists?

It's just a bit of banter

>Smart people like me already realised that philosophy is for social posturing
>smart people like me
>philosophy is for social posturing
toppu keku

>implying any recent continentals have so-called "polymath" skills and don't fuck up mathematics and science constantly
Enjoy debating the gender of sqrt -1, which is apparently an irrational number according to Lacan.

Analytic philosophy has been moving away from logical positivism for decades now.

It's three.

Well can *you* describe it as the ratio between two integers?

>Phenomenology
>Personal experience
>Feelings
Truth?

It's an imaginary number reeeee

LOLOL

Whereto?

>there are people on Veeky Forums who still think kripke is relevant

it's nice to see the people of Veeky Forums really have their finger on the pulse of the pressing issues of the day

You do realize he wrote more after the tractatus right?

Let me ask you fags something, since when did analytic philosophers, or rather FANS OF analytic phil. get it in their head that logic is owned by analytic philosophers and not a basic organon for all philosophers? Every time an anti-continental fag wants to defend his one-sided favoritism he claims analytic philosophy is logic and continental philosophy is apparently the opposite of logic or at least the lack thereof. Logic was literally invented and re-invented and used in a 'continental' philosophical context, by literally continental philosophers. At least continental philsophers know it for what it is, a tool, and not something to hide in so not to have to face the dificult philosophical problems, not something to reduce all philosophy to.

>analytic philosophy
>kid enjoys connecting train track blocks in logical way, forming a complete and working system

>continental philosophy
>some spooky "deep" images denoting cultural importance

this rather convinces me that analytic philosophy is superior

bununla demek istedin?

The pictures are of real trains and train related things. How could you miss this. Btw Stirner would probably be classed as continental, if that wasn't anachronistic.

>Logic was literally invented and re-invented and used in a 'continental' philosophical context, by literally continental philosophers.
Examples?