What is your favorite book cover?

What is your favorite book cover?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/V-Perennial-Classics-Thomas-Pynchon/dp/0060930217/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If I see any minimalist covers I'm going to kill myself.

that book just happens to have my favorite painting on it's cover.

Second Foundation is better. The Signal and the Noise is a fun design.

Sublime. All the necessary information without any bullshit.

The jazzy painting does it for me.

>the mellow pag

is this a thing?

yo

All of these Camus covers are great

>mfw i just got the plague

is exile and the kingdom any good?

Mellow Pad it's the name of the painting. Always loved the cover of too. Mine has a painting with a man and a woman standing in front of a canvas of the picture of them (meta) in the style of late medieval/ early renaissance, p ugly but it was an unscathed copy at Half Price and it was all I could afford. Pretty happy with it.

Pic related is currently my favorite-- I found a first edition hardcover. Not my favorite book by far, but I love Flemish/ Dutch Renaissance art (probably my favorite if we're purely talking about era).

Ulysses of James Joyce.

you should probably go to the doctor

It's more positive than most of Camus' works, but if you enjoy The Plague then you'll almost certainly like the short stories in Exile and the Kingdom.

Fortunately Camus varies his short stories enough from his more complete works (unlike, say, Kafka) that they are worth the read so I'd say pick it up when you have the chance

Second Foundation has a little girl on the cover!

Based Arkady

Also the twist at the end made Trantor one of my favorite locations in literature, great art about it too

Another one

This.

And also, pic related. Stylistic, effeminate/androgynous, duotone, kind of posh... So not only it does look good, it also reflects Dorian Grey pretty well.

Anything Everyman's.

Michael Whelan's work is outstanding
This is probably my favorite of his

I just can't get over how strongly composed this cover is. You've got one triangle inset in another; strength at the bottom but drawing your eye to the top, and the two drawing your eye back and forth between the foreground and background. Arkady's pose is fantastically heroic, and yet you can feel her humanity; her expression - trepidation playing with earnestness - and the fact that she's a teenage girl belies her the pose's confidence. She doesn't look like a caricature; she looks like an actual person flung headlong into an adventure in an expansive and dangerous universe.

Roads book covers are incredible, all very well designed

amazon.com/V-Perennial-Classics-Thomas-Pynchon/dp/0060930217/

what the fuck happened?

You would enjoy a book titled Michael Whelan's Works of Wonder that collects and describes many titles by the author. It's been some years, but I recall him describing in the book the significance of the character holding the arrow here, now the arrow originates at his heart, and so on

Screenshoted for later research, thanks.

>dat forshadowing

I think the Stranger cover just finally made sense to me.