It's a "we have no idea why our rocket exploded so lets quickly change the topic" episode

>It's a "we have no idea why our rocket exploded so lets quickly change the topic" episode.

twitter.com/SpaceX/status/780447397121888257

Other urls found in this thread:

spacenews.com/spacex-sept-1-failure-appears-to-lie-in-falcon-9-second-stage-helium-tank/#sthash.GyEYAY6z.dpuf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._P._Korolev_Rocket_and_Space_Corporation_Energia
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes, a bunch of this is just marketing and pop sci.

That's pretty much it. There's no indication of when the test took place, it could have been a month ago, but they're releasing it now because of muh conference. Memetic magic

Too bad they won't consider the idea that there's a mole among them that sabotaged it. Probably got hired shortly after the spacecraft was announced to go in and make a small change that would go virtually undetected. Wouldn't even have to work at SpaceX. Could be employed at any number of companies along the production pipeline to getting everything made and set up on that launch pad.

Am I really a tinfoil hatter for thinking this? How improbable is this?

This has been a highly anticipated event long before the explosion. I think most people are actually kind of glad the rocket exploded because fuck Facebook.

Here is SpaceX’s full statement:

September 23, 1:00pm EDT

>Three weeks ago, SpaceX experienced an anomaly at our Launch Complex 40 (LC-40) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. This resulted in the loss of one of our Falcon 9 rockets and its payload.

>The Accident Investigation Team (AIT), composed of SpaceX, the FAA, NASA, the U.S. Air Force, and industry experts, are currently scouring through approximately 3,000 channels of engineering data along with video, audio and imagery. The timeline of the event is extremely short – from first signs of an anomaly to loss of data is about 93 milliseconds or less than 1/10th of a second. The majority of debris from the incident has been recovered, photographed, labeled and catalogued, and is now in a hangar for inspection and use during the investigation.

>At this stage of the investigation, preliminary review of the data and debris suggests that a large breach in the cryogenic helium system of the second stage liquid oxygen tank took place. All plausible causes are being tracked in an extensive fault tree and carefully investigated. Through the fault tree and data review process, we have exonerated any connection with last year’s CRS-7 mishap.

spacenews.com/spacex-sept-1-failure-appears-to-lie-in-falcon-9-second-stage-helium-tank/#sthash.GyEYAY6z.dpuf

>they won't consider the idea that there's a mole among them that sabotaged it
Not publicly since they have no real proof. And speculation won't help them.

Probably was a deliberate blow up because noone wanted Facebook to have their own spy satellites

Uh oh their rocket exploded. They should just give and quit.... No, shut up.

tl;dr we think know what blew up, but we don't know why it did.

Not Facebook, somebody else had a 'life time contract'.

I mean, I guess if youre playing the stock market. Sell all your shares in the company that purchased the satellite or facebook stock right before sabotage. But if there is a large dump right beforehand then there'd be a ton of investigation into that.

I'm gonna go with no on this one, but I wouldn't rule it out. If it was, then that person is a fucking pro.

GTFO troll. Multiple sources on time and date of the explosion. Not to mention most residents in Titusville and Cape Canaveral either heard/felt or directly saw it. It was in broad fucking daylight on the beach after all.

Conference was scheduled long before the explosion. No distraction here boys, just shit timing for SpaceX

This has been planned for quite some time now, it's when big muskie's supposed to reveal his Mars plans to the world with all the gritty engineering details. It's supposed to be the moment when we find out if Elon's serious or just a meme.

Needless to say, this rocket explosion came at a pretty bad time

>It's supposed to be the moment when we find out if Elon's serious or just a meme
Elon has always been serious. He accomplishes exactly what he sets out to do, and says he will do, just not always in the time frame given.

SAY IT WITH ME

H Y P E R L O O P

Elon "my rockets keep exploding" Musk

Doesn't mean much. Down syndrome patients look serious all the time.

ULA shill please leave

>mffw capitalism can't make a rocket that won't explode
>mgdffw the soviet rockets are still the best

How can capital-cucks ever survive being blown the fuck out this badly?

>halting previously scheduled events

Why would they do that? They have shit to get done and Musk has nothing personally to do with the investigation.

All "soviet rockets" are made by a civilian company, they are not government owned anymore. They are become capitalism.

It's a government run company you muppet

It used to be, but isn't anymore.

Don't confuse Energia with TsSKB-Progress.

>It used to be, but isn't anymore.
Yeah man, "We won the Cold War. The Soviet Union completely split up. All of their industry, even stuff like space rockets, went fully private. None of the people currently in charge were big Soviets, or long for a return of the Soviet days. There has been no backsliding. Now Russia is a fully democratic, fully capitalist country with no power beyond its own borders."

>Energia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._P._Korolev_Rocket_and_Space_Corporation_Energia
>As of 2009, 38% of the company's stock was owned by the Russian state.
I assume most of the rest is owned by major Russian oligarchs, some of whom occupy key positions in the official government as well.

This is the difference of the new Russia compared to the USSR: important people explicitly own things, instead of just controlling them and quietly taking advantage of them for their individual benefit.

'no'

Russia reorganized their space stuff into one big government run company last year; Roscosmos State Corporation runs all of Russia's space efforts now, from ops to manufacturing to R&D

In fact, Russia just displayed some more capitalism: S7 airline group is going to buy the multi-national Sea Launch corporation, rescuing it from bankruptcy. Fifteen more years of Zenit launches!

start the hype train, boys

youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA

1 minute.

event thread here
event thread here
event thread here
event thread here
event thread here
event thread here