Tfw both parents are simpleton high school dropouts who never read an entire novel cover to cover in their whole lives...

>tfw both parents are simpleton high school dropouts who never read an entire novel cover to cover in their whole lives and they both descend from a long line of illiterate peasant farmers and fishermen
>despite this they still expect me to get straight As at uni at get very mad when I don't
How do I deal with being of brainlet stock Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

samadhientrainment.bandcamp.com/track/super-learning-binaural-beats
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Realize that you've been given a chance they never had.

yes but how do I compete with kids who come from families that were merchants or lawyers since the middle ages? how do I compete with the kids whose dad was a lawyer and grandfather was a lawyer while my dad did menial labor his whole life and my grandpa was a shitkicking illiterate?

I literally cant compete

>waah waah
all i hear are stupid excuses, intelligence's genetic factor is small at best, and besides, just because your ancesters werent lawyers or whatever doesnt mean they were fucking stupid, social mobility is a pretty new thing faglord

Stop whining you ungrateful cunt or I'll beat your ass.

be grateful for evolution

Brainlet genetics isn't really a thing.

You start abusing your schools resources. Tutors, office hours. You go to all of them. You quit all your hobbies except for working out, and use all the time you have to study. You WORK.

I came from a good family, but I had a period of being a loser for 3-4 years, working shit jobs. It changed my perspective a lot.

University is an OPPORTUNITY that you should be grateful to have. DONT waste it by moping and playing video games you FUCK. I almost did.

>yes but how do I compete with kids who come from families that were merchants or lawyers since the middle ages?

Some of the greatest men in history came from complete prole families, you do know that right?

>the working hard meme

Don't listen to this liar OP.

Its not your fault you were cucked by genetics and weren't in the right place and right time to make friends who just happened to have powerful connections to get you a comfy 100k job straight out of college.

Just do what you like to do and the rest will fall in place.

>BRO JUST BURN YOURSELF OUT LMAO
The only reason you give people that kind of shitty advice is you didn't try it yourself.

Some of my colleagues are finishing their theses and they say they give it to their parents to proofread. All of them have engineers, physicists, chemists etc as parents.

My grandparents were Polish farmers, dirt poor. My parents then came into this country (Germany). Their German is far from perfect and their education is very patchy. Ever since I was a child, I had to do everything myself, learn German, do my school work, learn for exams etc. It became something that influenced my personality very much. I learned to love figuring shit out on my own. I learned how to write and read from reading TV schedules when I was a kid, I learned how to calculate from my brother's school books. To be honest, I never felt it was a problem that my parents couldn't help me with all this, it was honestly kind of fun, like a quest. I now see how much easier other kids must have had it to have the assurance that their parents could always help them out. But in a way it made me strong. What I do now at university for research is basically what I learned as a kid. I see many of my peers struggling with that a lot.

Anyway, my point is: Stop crying. Life's not fair, it's not supposed to be. You are supposed to make the best of it. When you are struggling, it's always easy to see the shitty sides, but when you are looking back at it, you see how many opportunities you were given, e.g. my father worked his ass off to somehow finance my education. That is a great thing to have, and many don't have that. So be grateful to have the chance to graduate.

>compete
There are 7 billion people in the world, someone will always be ahead of you and even if you are 1st you won't be forever.

Never mind "competing", just keep moving forward for your own sake, you will be a little wealthier. It doesn't matter how much you can get, if you can get it the only question is whether you are willing to reach out and take it.

is everyone on r9k mentally ill?

>intelligence's genetic factor is small at best

Kek. Tfw a chimp can have 140 IQ.

Still tho OP, obviously you can do better than your ancestors. And having a farming/labor occupation isn't necessarily indicative of low intelligence.

Also, start taking a a good omega-3 oil twice a day and FEEL THE POWAH

this. you need to find a good balance between studying, exercise, and leisure.

What will the omega 3 do?

find what you love, no seriously, spoonfeeding yourself information you arent interested in isnt efficient learning.

100k? tsk, tsk.

You're still thinking on a small scale.

Realize that the deck is stacked against you. You can't compete against a guy from a rich family.

Accept this, or you'll burn yourself out, and end depressed and drunk.

I feel better already.

Nothing, it's debunked.

they want you to be better than them, user. Keep it up. But remember, failing is part of learning. And yes, your parents will give you shit for it, but it is your chance to learn from what you did wrong and correct it. Don't be too anxious, I took a free year after high school and I failed my first year in uni, but I'm about to graduate now. So, don't get too pressured. Chill.

My grandpa on my dad's side was a worker in a ranch all his life, alcoholic and other vices and shit. Yet my dad is now a successful engineer.

Mom's mom didn't even finish elementary, can barely write, yet mom is about to graduate from her 3rd major in college.

Don't worry, you're not your parents, stop comparing yourself based in where your family comes from. You can do much better if you out your mind to it.

that's true. I know many kids from rich families of lawyers and businessmen who are total retards.

Argue your post to them. They're still idiots thinking you'll be a natural genius from two retards with an inheritance of more retards

Find something you're so interested in that you feel compelled to keep working at it. I am interested in playing the piano so I kept working at it, I'm pretty good at it now. I have an interest in chemistry, I kept working at it and I'm in the top 5 of my class at uni. If you can figure out what makes you go, then you can get good at it no matter what.

my dad is an unemployed alcohol and my mum is a cleaner, but I still have a M.Sc. in physics

get your shit together, OP

>my parents are highschool dropouts

they fucked it up in highschool and they expect excellence from their son in uni.
OP, your parents are indeed retarded.

beat up your parents, and if they call the police claim they sexually abused you when you were younger.

Use your intelligence to liberate yourself from their stupid standards.

Just go to school do your best do this and if that fails, start the destruction of the capitalist superstructure, possible future comrade

>You start abusing your schools resources. Tutors, office hours. You go to all of them.

Heed this advice.

Use every advantage you can gain. You are really only competing against yourself here.

Check out nootropics, look into polyphasic sleep, and get better quality sleep. Omega 3 fatty acid (I prefer it from vegetables) and choline (eggs are a good source) are both extremely vital to brain function.

The brain consists of mostly fat. I would stop eating bread and corn as they can cause allergies ie brain fog and also give the gut problems. The health of your gut is linked to your brain.

Good sources of fats include almonds, cashews, butter, eggs, sock-eye salmon, olive oil (don't cook it too hot), coconut oil, seeds, and avocado.

I really like Jarrow's brain formula. It was one of the few supplements that I noticed an extreme difference in the clarity and rapidness of my thinking. Vinpocetine is also good.

samadhientrainment.bandcamp.com/track/super-learning-binaural-beats

Environment is also really important. If you can find a library or coffee shop that lets you get into a studying groove then continue that good habit and it will strengthen itself.

Acquired traits aren't inherited you dumb brainlet

OP, I am the bastard product of a heroin-catalyzed date rape, descending from poor Romanian peasants and a long line of foot soldiers. My family is fractured and poor. These things have not stopped me from reaching out and grabbing what I want in life.

If you want to do something, then do it. Nobody but you can. Don't wait for a sign, don't sit on your ass while someone takes opportunities which are open to you. Get shit done.

When my parents divorced and I moved to a different part of the country with different family, I pirated textbooks and taught myself higher math, between going to high school and working forty hours a week. I wanted to be something great, to transcend my roots. You can do the exact same thing. So, go do it!

What are you studying?

Get your shit together. Your parents seem to care about you, right? That basis of support is all you need.

Here's my background: my father was in and out of jail my whole life, and my mom raised me for part of my life as a single mother, another part of my life with a step-father who resented me, and my teenage years with a step-father who, though young, was supportive. My mother has held various positions, none of them particularly glamorous: at one point or another, she was a telephone operator, a retail employee, and a beauty stylist; my step-father sells shoes. My grandparents on my mother's side consist of a stay-at-home mom and a truck driver; their parents were homemakers, blacksmiths, barbers, and police officers. One of my grandparents on my father's side died as a result of gang activity; the other is a reformed high school dropout who went into social work; their parents were black during the pre-civil rights era, and so they worked whatever work they were able to find.

Nobody in my family has held glorious or extremely well-paid jobs: they worked for what they had, and, above all, they gave me support. The encouraged me to do my best at whatever it is I was doing (which, for me, was college). Do you know what I did? I went to a top-5 US university; I graduated with honors while studying in a STEM field; I went to graduate school on a fellowship; and then I found a job. My first job paid $200k total compensation in its first year. At 22 I had first-authored papers in my field.

This isn't to brag: I'm not clever, smart, or a genius. Literally all I did was the work required of me to reach the goals I set for myself. This brainlet stock business is nonsense unless you're actually disabled.

>tfw my parents got good jobs out of high school but I haven't got a single job offer after graduating with M.Sc in math.

Higher category theory/homotopy theory.

So you are also on the path to become a unemployed alcoholic?

savage banter

>posting on Veeky Forums
>pretending you arent also on the path to becoming an unemployed alcoholic
>degrees wont help you here friend