Same.

Roasties btfo

but why

Because you are a slut

Feels like someone knows I'm just a shitty shit

Have you read it? The underground man slut shames for half the book

I read it a long time ago
I should re-read it...

I read it recently and it was pretty amusing. The book is like 150 years old, yet at times I felt like I was reading an /r9k/ post written yesterday.
The underground man would be right at home on Veeky Forums if he were alive today.

>made me feel like a slut
It was time something did.

It was my favourite book when I was 14, I felt like I could relate in some ways.

>I felt like I was reading an /r9k/ post written yesterday.
you didn't understand shit
you may wan to read something easier, try hunger games instead

>comma splice
>wan
You didn't understand shit. Try Harry Potter instead.

I'm gonna blow your mind here kiddo... Underground Man? He was no other but the author himself.

what makes you think you aren't?

It was actually Bruce Willis the entire time

>slut shames for half the book
Sluts should feel shame
Everyone is too shameless

Virgins: even more shame.

Made me feel like killing myself because the underground man is literally better than me in every aspect of life and he's supposed to be a loser.

If anything I think just a little percentage of people is shameless, there's a great deal of people in need of being less shameful.

P&V?

Not for me!

Well I know the book is old, and that Dostoevsky was religious but those ideas of sexual purity are so antiquated.

lol hiya Reddit XD

Which people in particular need to be more shameless?

It made me become very self-conscious of the way I walk past people and whether or not I defer to them.

Do you shoulder the people that don't defer to you?

no, I rape their grandmothers

I haven't gone that far, but I have made a few people defer to me and I feel bad when I have to defer.

>I read it recently and it was pretty amusing. The book is like 150 years old, yet at times I felt like I was reading an /r9k/ post written yesterday.
I believe there is a certain type of person who is "ur-r9k", that they have existed forever and that r9k is just the latest incarnation of this type of person.

Most people aren't shameless.

In fact, most people are crippled by their shame, seeking any and all avenues to forget it. Alcohol, ideologically uniform company, etc - until at last, they have constructed bubbles for themselves in which they can never be judged, and to which they can retreat if ever they are judged by those beyond it.

Most of the roasties and chads you see, are in fact living lives wherein they are constantly fleeing shame and judgement.

A truly shameless person is rare.

>Which is a shame

Women are sluts, It's classic dosto tellin' it like it is keepin it real for the dudes who know whaddup

>Most of the roasties and chads you see, are in fact living lives wherein they are constantly fleeing shame and judgement.

Ok, then I will adjust my statement. People should act on their shame to become more shameless. Shame should help move you towards a more virtuous life. If you feel shame but do nothing to alleviate that shame (not just hiding from it) it's your own fault.

please stop posting frogs man, I hate seeing frogposters, especially ones who make good points.

they aren't antiquated for civilized people

Which Dostoevsky do I do first

C&P

I disagree.
Shame can only exist when actions are being judged by a community or people whose opinion is respected by society.
Sexual "freedom" is not a matter of negative judgment for most people whose opinion are taken seriously, it is instead encouraged, because we live in the XXI century and we are no longer held by archaic ideals of purity. But this can be misleading, because morality is not uniform throughout society, and there are some gaps between people's moral that is established both by culture and social class; people find themselves in social classes that approve such behaviour, therefore it is good, and there is no shame to feel, but being happy and even proud.
Being in a different place can lead to being judgmental towards others that do not think under the same principles. This reminds us of the kings that upon arriving to the city of Utopia they were judged by the citizens because of their ways.
It is hard to say who is in the right, because the most likely situation is that both are wrong in several aspects. (1) Moral Progress is an idea quite hard to hold, and claiming that the underground man considerations are wrong because this is the XXI century and now we are "morally advanced" makes nearly no sense - progress is always a mess, and we need to learn from history to discover what we are doing wrong in the present; (2) The very idea of being judgmental towards someone who calls someone else a slut fail by means of the very same principle: both are telling the other what they should think, and both should realize that both mindsets can coexist, this is, people have as much right to do whatever they want with their body (which is in fact a set of moral principles involving sexual behaviour) as another can feel disgusted by it and not being willing to relate to that person; (3) Sexual repression and sexual liberty seems to faces of the same coin, or a thesis-antithesis duple, still waiting for a Hegelian synthesis to occur.

There is another thing that is interesting: people relying on the r9k meme to refer to the underground man. This is something that happens often, this is, associating a particular mindset or moral principles with a social group that we believe we can dismiss (or laugh at, or not take seriously, etc) so we can also dismiss some of the principles that belong to the group. There is certainly a relation between morality and subculture, but it is a twisted thing to do to reject a moral principle because it belongs to a subculture which we don't want to feel associated. I think this is happening here when people talk of the underground man as the "/r9k/ man", and to take it further, we see it happening when people talk about religion (the fedora meme) or even general philosophy.

Only for a man.
A virgin wife is always better than a rostie.

>le words

this board is for people over 18 y/o

They aren't antiquated for people who aren't sluts.

agreed m8

>do I do first
Spoken like a true slut.

>being a virginal man
>shameful

Are you implying that if you were a woman who could sleep with top-tier men all the time you woudln't do it? You'd save yourself for some intellectual beta over a night with Chad? Get real.

Imagine for a moment women constantly hit on you and propositioned you.. You would be a massive slut.

>Imagine for a moment women constantly hit on you and propositioned you.. You would be a massive slut.
Men and women are different.
It's ok for a man. It's not ok for a woman.

you wouldn't feel like a slut if you weren't a slut
the book doesn't make you a slut. it's just a reminder.

>Double standards are OK

It's fine unless you're so insecure that you can't handle the fact that your wife has been with other dudes in the past. What's the point of living if you have that little confidence in yourself?

>Hypocrisy is wrong

Of course they are.

>the fact that your wife has been with other dudes in the past.
The fact by itself doesn't bother me. I just prefer a new car than one that has been used by many guys before. Superior quality.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/love/

their age doesn't have anything to do with their volidity

>Shame can only exist when actions are being judged by a community
false by the premise.

someone can feel shame completelly isolated. all you need to do is set a basis for morality, and that doesn't require people.
a book could just as easily shame someone.

i didn't read the rest because frankly, i got better things to read.

do you know why new cars lose 30% of their value from the moment you sit in them?

i'm not saying people who sleep around are worthless. but very few cars are worth something comparable to their first sale price after used. And they're usually sports models.

>it's ok for a man.

imagine trying to build a relashionship with a man, and he tells you he's had 70 plus diferent partners. Wouldn't you be, at least, a little worried?
i mean, even from a medical stand point...

>Are you implying that if you were a woman who could sleep with top-tier men all the time you woudln't do it?
Depends on the women. i cannot put myself in the shoes of women.

>Imagine for a moment women constantly hit on you and propositioned you.
no i wouldn't. don't project. not everyone has a need to fuck as many diferent people as possible.

This. Cenobites are the lowest form of human, prostituted the purest. It pleases me to see modern society agree.

>You'd save yourself for an emotionally fulfilling and stable family life over a night with a man who will never want to see you again ?
I don't know, that sounds like a really difficult decision.

>someone can feel shame completelly isolated. all you need to do is set a basis for morality, and that doesn't require people.
A complete isolated person wouldn't have moral values, unless prior contact with society. Society sets the moral principles, and a person who grows with certain moral principles does so because they belong to the culture in which he or she live in.
Any activities in which a person could feel shame involves another person, even if that person is only an imagination, and the latter is embedded with the moral principles of the culture to which it belongs.
You cannot set a basis for morality without people.
Therefore, you are very much wrong.

purity from which stand point?

moral?
while being virgin probably doesn't originate from morality, prostitution certainly comes from a lack of either morality or character strengh, immorality is never pure

>physical
from STD's, sheer usage and drugs prostitutes are less pure here too.

>contribution to society
i think i don't need to say anything in this.

i'm not saying it's good being a virgin, but it's a lot better than being a prostitute.

everything in moderation

I bang 70+ hookers a year and I'm in fucking perfect conditions.

i'd get checked...

also, probably fucked up in the head. but then again, who isn't

>emotionally fulfilling
>beta cucks
Lmoa

I was being sarcastic. Anyone who thinks there's a correlation between a person's sexuality and overall merit is a disgusting being, but those who remain loyal to monogamous partners are pursuing a happier lifestyle.

>being this bad at making inferences

desu that would be a major red flag to anyone actually trying to date you.

>disgusting
On reflection, I don't like how harsh and biased this is. Replace "disgusting" with "misguided".

>beta cucks
>emotionally fulfilling
Lmoaoa

Hello, Sebastian.

np, and i agree.
sarcasm can be hard to detect on Veeky Forums.

I never told anyone.
And they shouldn't care either. My sexual past is my problem alone.

>My sexually transmitted diseases and infections are my problem alone.

You can get tested for that you know, and probably for free

so, if your gf had had 70 plus partners a year, you wouldn' care?

I have no diseases m8

But do you ?

no why would I as long as shes clean?

He has sex with prostitutes, user. He obviously doesn't care.

"Finding out after the fact, that I've ruined them with STDs, because I'm a psychopath who doesn't feel the need to warn people that fucking me will give them incurable diseases, is free, therefor it's not on me"

I would if I find out.
They may care too, but I never tell women about my hooker addiction:=)

because it means there's something wrong with her mentally.

it is not normal, nor sane, to have that amount of sex with diferent people, on that ammount of time. it's mentally unhealthy

lying sounds like an healthy foundation to a relashionship. i'm sure you'll do fine.

Wake up dude
It's 2016
Fun & Sex is all that matters
And hookers have the experience to do stuff random women don't do

It's not lying. It's omitting the truth.

"Awkwardly breaking up my sentences, with commas, because I'm a language arsonist who intentionally assaults the reader, is free, therefor it's not on me"

>fun and sex is all that matters.

are you gonna kill yourself at 40?
also, there are so many things wrong with the "fun is all that matters" philosophy, that i can't even begin to shoot it down.

if you trully thing fun is all that matters, you're on the wrong board.
>It's not lying. It's omitting the truth.

lies by omission are still lies. she might ask, you know? most women do.

the world is full of Chads. Proof is, you can't even remember his name.

>happier lifestyle
t. Never had a live in girlfriend

Spooked

>mentally unhealthy
Kek

If you equate a live in girlfriend with an unhappy lifestyle you need to seriously rethink the kind of relationships you've been pursuing.

There's literally no way to have a live with anyone else without conflict, which is stressful. Living by myself, and having no one to answer to while still fulfilling myself with casual sexual relationships? No stress. Melding finances is stressful. Everything's about cohabitation is stressful even discounting whatever relationship issues would inevitably happen. Someone who's lived with a significant other would know that.

>Imagine for a moment women constantly hit on you and propositioned you.. You would be a massive slut.
Yes. That doesn't mean I will stop slut-shaming.
I'm pretty chad tbfh, and most of us enjoy slut-shaming women, specially in public. It's a reminder of who is in control in society. Slut-shaming a woman will bring you more women, as long as you do it in public and not hiding in some lame-ass website like this (plus it's only fun if you do it in public).

The Double was what I started with. Nabokov apparently said it was Fee Deezy's best

Read The Kreutzer Sonata next, harlot.

GREAT POST

>half-retarded undergrad kids read the classics
>find out all great men throughout history had social views that would make the modern political pundit gasp
>go make a "why are all intellectuals leftists" thread on Veeky Forums to comfort themselves
hilarious

yeah he was a talented moron though