Veeky Forums meet-ups

Post your location and and see if anyone wants to meet-up to do Veeky Forums things in your city.

TORONTO:

A Veeky Forumsizen and I go to see plays every now and then.

Shoot an e-mail to [email protected] if you're interested.

We're probably going to see All's Well That Ends Well in Shakespeare in the Park or maybe something at SummerWorks.

orgy

This seems like a recipe for dissapointment.
Why would anyone want to meet half the douchebags that shitpost on here anyway

For real. I met up with people from /out/ once, probably one of the worst weekends of my life.

TULSA

We patrol Barnes and Noble for hunnies.
First one to find a hunny gets to retire from Veeky Forums forever.
The loser has to write a 900 page epic about his feels upon seeing the winner and the hunny walk away

Im near toronto. I could potentially go

I'm in Dallas.

There's a new bookstore opened up by Deep Vellum in downtown that would be nice to meet up in, if anyone's interested.

BALTIMORE

LETS GET DRUNK

Nyc.

I'm cool guy

I'm in Toronto but I don't know if I want you guys as friends

Lafag here, anywhere within socal in general I'm down

>meeting up with social rejects who shitpost about books they bought but never read

Vancouver BC

>Buying books

here m8 where u at

I am in Baltimore and I approve this plan.

West Van, in my patrician British Properties manor

new west, among old people and shit roads

uni? hs? older?

Any philly folks here? I need a friend to go with me to the various anarchist communist coop bookstores

S A N A N T O N I O, T E X A S

Let's drink coffee, spike the coffee, and then argue. Then, we cry about lost loves.

Reporting in

Iztapalapa, CDMX
b-b-be gentle

how are there so many Vancouver bros

it's a major city

Ayyo who Detroit here. We can go to John King and some shitty hipster Corktown bar after

I know a lot of you are DC

There has never been a Veeky Forums meet up that ended well.

st louis boys where

La Plata, Argentina.

I've found that there are a lot of people from the lower mainland on some boards

19 y/o philadelphian here, will pay for liquor if you buy it and we can talk about books and ill read ur garbage

Halifax, NS

to quote David Foster Wallace's opening line of Infinite Jest: "I am."

I'm not an anarcho-communist but as long as you're not weird about it (wearing Red Army surplus and going to student protests) I don't mind.

Are you an undergrad or a townie?
If undergrad, where

I'm across the water in Nanaimo, anyone gonna be here sometime soon? I have gin and shitty Canadian Club should you be interested in joining me

>Iztapalacra

lmao kys my man

Coyoacan master race reporting in.

What you reading right now, ese?

I will be at Uvic in Fall. Come by the Grad Student Club and help me put the pseuds in their places.

>insert pic of /k/'s cum brownies meet up

Noice, most of my friends are in Vic during the school year, so I do runs down with one of the lads who stayed behind to go to VIU with me. Shoot me a skype or something senpai and I'll stay in touch

Me too, but I'm only going to be in Dallas for another 3 weeks before leaving for Morocco. I'm also deathly afraid of meeting anyone else who associates with this board.

Washington state reporting in

bet 874

Austin reporting in, I'm reading orlando right now.

I'm in Toronto but I'm a girl so I'm scared of being raped. Plus I'm not white either so you'll have even less incentive to not rape me

>goes to uvic
>calls others pseuds

lmao you dumb cunt

NYC or SF. I'm 28, which is probably too old to go to one of these.

WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND
>mfw no one will be near me

damn you must be rich

sup bros
let's go to the White Horse

Berkeley CA reporting in this place is shit besides the school pls help and let's talk about books

How do you like it?

>tfw not in god-tier TX city like Austin

How do you deal with all the pleb tumblr-queers, though?

i live in fort worth, id be willing to check out the bookstores

I'm the Nanaimo guy, and although you're right at least they don't have the VIU inferiority complex and actually have good English classes

I'm not rich. I just have a weird situation with work.

Montreal

Also in Austin. Did some serious pillaging of SA bookstores this summer. Would potentially be interested in meeting up. It could be fun

Anyone here in Storrs, CT anytime soon?

>Dallas

Oh man, me too. Nice to see some other people from Big D and the Metroplex here.

What's the new bookstore? I know of the one that's actually attached to Deep Vellum, is it a different one?

Lots of Texans I here. Texas surprisingly confirmed for most Veeky Forums state.

East Coast is asleep

>Now comes the representative from the great state of Wyoming.

Any of my state's other six residents on here?

210 man in here, living it up in live oak bitc

Not the prev. guy but I'm a frequent I-35 wayfarer. It's tolerable once you internalize that you're more of a patrician than they can ever digitally try to prove to be

I've lived in Austin all my life so the tumblr stuff is still very new to me. Only recently California started moving into my hometown.

There's some really cool bookstores in San Antonio. Sure do you have skype?

Really, 'non? Lived in th'210 my whole life and never thought it'd be so Veeky Forums

>mfw I'm a burger moving to NZ soon

I got your back buddy. I have brunch every Saturday at the Picnic cafe in the botanical gardens. I'll make sure to be there at 10:30am. I'll be reading Pynchon's V. I usually order 3-4 coffees so I tend to be there reading for at least an hour or so. Just ask if my names Tom (it's not but I don't want my real name on Veeky Forums).

Born and raised friend. Going to school for writing/philosophy out in bumfuck at susquehanna u because they gave me a full ride. Currently living with my mom right out the city and working to pay off some debts. Down to hang out and ive got a couple literate friends to drink and talk with if anyone is interested

bump

Jesus christ this would be fucking pathetic

please post pictures

this would be even worse than the Veeky Forums or /brit/ meet

Why don't you just say uconn. There is literally nothing else in storrs.

>please post pictures
this

FLORIDA

Newcastle upon Tyne / Durham. Could travel to Edinburgh, York, or Glasgow.

Anyone in Madrid ,España?
We could meet and do stuff, you know

What's it like living in Newcastle?

Is it full of poverty and despair?

I've never been north of Cambridge.

where are the arabs and persians show us your dicks and clits infidels

Sup Sydney?

Our library isn't too bad, but could improve given the size and commerce of our city

O V I E D O
V
I
E
D
O
I was in Madrid a couple weeks ago tho. Dope ass Hieronymus Bosch expo you got there. Dunno why Veeky Forums thinks this post is spam.

Compared to the small town I actually live in, it's interesting.

But compared to Edinburgh, which is where I grew up, it's pretty terrible. Despite being the largest city in the region there are very few cultural events or book shops there.

I wanted to go and see some classical music for example: but besides a few recitals there is almost nothing on this year. Compare this with Edinburgh where you can watch a Symphony Orchestra playing every week. There is also only one good second hand bookshop in the entire city centre.

Regarding poverty... well people will often stop you asking for money in the street, but the whole city is quite spread out so you don't see much poverty unless you go out looking for it. And even then I'd say it's far better off than the countryside around it- the town I live in has basically been in a state of destitution since the 80s.

I was in Madrid a couple months ago. It's a weird city. Valencia is where is at senpai.

Next time you're in Edinburgh, visit McNaughtans if you haven't already

Is there anyone from Italy, just in case? I can bring a few friends who browse

All's well is a shit play and skakeshit is shit. Plebs

L O L
O
L

Please provide photo evidence if god forbid this actually happens

McNaughtan's is quite expensive if I remember correctly. Good selection of books though. Armchair is probably the best bookshop in Edinburgh.

Craig?

Anyone near Charlotte, NC want to meet up at a pub and retardedly discuss philosophy and owning a milk shop over a few drinks like Stirner and crew? Might be fun and in a neutral area.

Göteborg här.

It's the same one attached to Deep Vellum, but it's new isn't it? I mean, the publisher isn't all that old themselves.

I'm excited since it's got the kind of books I like best--literature in translation. They apparently focus on small and independent publishers.

We should set a time then!

Nuggetfest looks like a lot of fun desu, just don't eat the brownies

Is Brisbane close enough?

Back to the fish factory Glenn.

>everyone (3 people) gets together in coffee shop
>few awkward and safe comments about 1984
>Someone suggests a discussion comparing Joyce and DFW
>no one has read them
>one guy is 16, another is 35, another is 20
>16 year old asks if 20 year old can buy smokes, complains about his english teacher
>group breaks up when 35 year old starts talking to an aquaintence

It's pretty good, last time I was there it had special exhibit of Goya's black paintings alongside his earlier stuff

I'm happy to go to White Horse

Carlisle here

Richard?

Are there any good bookshops in Carlisle?

If I remember correctly, there is a direct train there from Newcastle.

I'm traveling, I'll be in Madrid on the 19th

Orlando
I don't really do much
I go to work and drink a lot on my days off and see my gf
Sometimes I play pokemon go so we could do that