Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

>Go in expecting something at least somewhat on-par with the main series
>Get fanfic-tier awful writing reminiscent of the epilogue in book 7

Why.

The main series is already fanfic-tier though.

>muh epilogue

I don't know why people were so butthurt about this.

Because the writing was outsourced.

Nah.

>TFW black Hermione

Grow up or get off this board please.

>I don't know why people were so butthurt about this.

Because people can't understand that there was literally nothing else for Harry to do and he lives a (mostly) normal life after Voldemort is defeated.

A lot of the hate really comes from fanfic writers. They're all butthurt because they feel it ruined their fanfic.

Lastly, others are butthurt just because of how JK presented it: the quality of writing was well below the rest of the book, it was presented as prose, and it read like a fanfic.

The epilogue was just unnecessary fanservice.

You think it's fucking normal that some 17 year old kids in a relationship stay together for like 20 years afterward and have kids? It's fucking dumb.

>reading plays
why.jpg. I can sort of see the point if it's Shakespeare (still greatly inferior to watching, mind you). But this is obviously not Shakespeare.

i for one have no problem reading a play
Atleast theres no goddamn poetry
Hate poetry

Nah, I'm here to stay.

You're one of those degenerate faggots who want more cursing in the HP books just for "realism", aren't you?

>Lastly, others are butthurt just because of how JK presented it: the quality of writing was well below the rest of the book, it was presented as prose, and it read like a fanfic.

That's just their opinion. I think it wraps up the series nicely.

wrong
the epilogue to deathly hallows was a great bookend. it established perfectly that "they lived happily ever after"
This new book is JK's idea of ruining a good ending by replacing it with another "and they lived happily ever after"

Yeah, I'm talking about the ending of DH.

Fuck this new script though. I finally am starting to join the Rowling haters. Let's hope the movie can win me back.

>the epilogue to deathly hallows was a great bookend.
Harry Potter started with explaining Vernon's life, not with Harry getting on the train. So it's not really a bokend ending, a bookend ending would be Harry going about his life without Voldemort.

I meant "normal" as in he gets married and has kids.

>It's fucking dumb.
Nah bruh, its magic!!

That, and it's just shit.

and then draco fffFUCKING malfoy comes into the room and says "hurr I own a time turner!!" which is golden and aparrently can go against all restrictions that other time turners hold, which was given to him BY HIS DAD who was an ally to Voldemor(e)t and would've been SERIOUSLY ranked up had he given it to him, and never to his stupid son who just held onto it for the greater of five fucking years. does this make him the "cursed child"? wouldn't make sense if it did because albus (potter) and co. don't label him as so, as they would've done with all the other subjects of the books titles. I HATE this book/script

Copied off my friend on fb's post

>which was given to him BY HIS DAD who was an ally to Voldemor(e)t
Wait what? I thought they just had Draco invent it, which while retarded is less retarded than his dad giving it to him

Is Draco good now wtf

i feel them staying with eachother for the rest of their lives is quite acceptable given the circumstances. I mean sure you may not remember all of your highschool buddies, but i bet you would marry your high school sweetheart if she helped you save the world from dark magic.

The only problem i ever had with the epilogue is how lazy it was to not match hermione and harry together just so ron could be happy too.

>Draco Malfoy enters, stage left
>"Not sure if this is gonna solve your problems, but I have a fucking time machine LMAO"

lol opinions

Harmonians please stop being delusional

I can't wait for all the normies who bought the book react to how bad this was. If you're unfamiliar with fanfiction this will be a wild ride.

>but i bet you would marry your high school sweetheart if she helped you save the world from dark magic.
Note that many WWII marriages ended in divorce.

>If you're unfamiliar with fanfiction this will be a wild ride.

Oh God, I've had enough of bad hate-filled HP fanfics.

Draco has always been good. Lucius was also good - family before everything, even the Dark Lord.

they are book written for kids.....

Which couples in WW2 defeated Hitler?

Every ally couple, they all worked together. You think Churchill himself beat Hitler or something? this smells of retarded Brit hisotry