Nihilism? Really?

When you realise that in a modern context, Kant was a bigger nihilist than Nietzche

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/moral-realism/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nietzsche was not really a nihilist, at least in the sad-sack faggot sense, the meme needs to die. he wrote extensively about nihilism because his entire project was about OVERCOMING nihilism, which he saw as the major sickness of western philosophy with its origins in platonism. he was a self-proclaimed nihilist, but he saw this as a necessary "going under", grabbing the bull by the horns, and only a stage leading to the foundations of new values. Heidegger describes this as an "active, ecstatic nihilism", to be contrasted with the passive, unconscious nihilism of all other philosophers in western history aside from maybe spinoza.

also art was his answer. do art. not become a nazi; be an individual, have a sense of play, make your life art. nietzsche was the sweetest philosopher

inb4
>*ridiculously unflattering & damning nietzsche quote

>art
gay

One important detail: He failed to overcome it and he was in fact a sad-sack faggot.

You only need to read a bit of his correspondence to realise this. A true cuck.

>OVERCOMING nihilism

it would have to exist in order for him to overcome it so its safe to say he believed it was real

jesus christ, read genealogy of morals and beyond good & evil, i'm not going to do it for you.
>he believed it was real
what fucking babble is this shit

>try to overcome nihilism
>create your own meaning
>realize your meaning has been upended by being categorically contained by your nihilistic ontology
>eat fruit by the metric ton and die of Syphillis

Existentialists, when will they learn

>>>>>modern context

just kill yourself if "he had syphilis" is your major criticism
and if you haven't internalized the necessity of nihilism in the year two thousand and sixteen i'm wondering what retarded system you adhere to

>experience and self governed by a priori laws
>action and feeling based on common sense and taste
>ethics built on service to others
>beauty as the link between sensation and intellect

How is Kant a nihilist?

kant was a sheltered little christian who never ventured more than like 80 miles from the place of his birth. kant's ethics were not constructed with real life and a real world in mind

Is that even common? I see more right-wingers trying to call Nietzsche a nazi (taking his ideas of strength etc wrong) or people who never read him thinking he is this gloomy edgy nihilist.

Would you call a man who lost a heroic battle 'a true cuck'?

anyone who uses the word cuck unironically or even postironically is too retarded to think critically. you have to be meta ironic to call someone a cuck and get away with it.

There is only one way to overcome nihilism and find meaning in life.

this is a memetastic post

lately I've been thinking this is true even though nietzsche's penis has been in my boypussy for the last year or so. really, when it comes down to it, i would agree that god rules over all things, and i will sure as hell accept jesus as my redeemer. praise him and god bless Veeky Forums.

Could you elaborate on why you think kant is a nihilist? I see how his philosophy could and has lead to nihilism, but I dont think you can really call him a nihilist.

Which heroic battle? Trying not to throw a tantrum as his Jewish friend was fucking the love of his life in the next room?

Not him but I assume he's referring to Kants Copernican Revolution of what is now called nebular theory and his Critique which pretty much fucked up the possibility of metaphysics forever.

N O G O D
O

G
O
D

thanks for amending history for the rest of us

"God is dead"

"That imples that you believed in God first doesn't it?"

Literally Christian movie argument
top kek

plato.stanford.edu/entries/moral-realism/

Read and understand. You're not as intelligent as you think you are.

>Kant
>Christian

I bet Nietzsche was a Christian too then huh?

Weak.

i want to overcome nihilism and become übermensch, but i dont know how

source? poor freddy

>Kants Copernican Revolution of what is now called nebular theory

What?

Nietzsche is a nihilist. He just uses an idiosyncratic definition of the word to attack. When he says nihilist he means something more along the lines of life denying. Sure, you can say that Nietzsche was against nihilism but it would be the same thing as to call Spinoza religious because he believes in something he calls God. In other words you could be right so long as we change what words actually mean (which merely makes it trivially true because you can make anything right by doing this).

his correspondence

Do you even Paul REEEEEEE and Louis Salomay?