Le edgy rad nihilist xD I don't care I'm just gonna have fun xD

>le edgy rad nihilist xD I don't care I'm just gonna have fun xD
Nobody over the age of 19 believes in nihilism
r-right?

People do, but the way one handles it becomes different over time.

I honestly wish I could believe in nihilism but my fucking anxiety keeps cucking me everytime
I'm such a pussy beta male that i get a panic attack anytime I take adderall

what do you believe in then?

Used to be christian but now I'm atheist.I'm actually trying to be edgy just for the narcissistic boost in confidence I really need to stop being a beta. if not i'll probably go back to believing in god

How are you atheist without being nihilist? Do you buy into bullshit arbitrary secular humanism or something?

Nihilism is actually a long walk from hedonism. Not as far as walk from absurdism though

> Do you buy into bullshit arbitrary secular humanism
somewhat But now from further reading not so much.
I came from a family that prayed 2-3 times a day and the comfortable notion was that "God" had my back and everything would be okay in the end.
Now without that anytime I do fuck up I have an existential crisis which makes me sad instead of going the hedonistic route
I'm self aware of how foolish I am but my brain/body still goes to flight or fight mode.

Everything will still be okay in the end user, death is unproblematic.

You are pretty fucking spooked, dude.

is there any decent argument against nihilism tho

faith

No

but if god did exist and he had a high degree of omnipotence , for instance if it was he who invented every possible idea and concept decided which ideas and concepts it was possible for human brains to imagine, then nihilism would objectively be wrong

are you calling god's inventions wrong?

>swn kill you in a for a goddess fitting impulsive indifferent rage etc

how would you like her to do it user?

>gives me a soda with while putting on the sweetest possible face
>has a qt laughing fit as I consume the poison

fuck, the "with" shouldn't be there

maybe you should try the Catholic and Apostolic Church instead of feel-good "Christianity" degraded by centuries of heresy and liberalism (before you take me for a redpilled idiot, remember that "liberalism" means something specific in religion which is not the same as political liberalism)

you have rightly noticed the idiocy in your parents' religion; you have not known the strength of it. do not call yourself a former Christian if you have not known a sincerely and intelligently devout life—you were a former believer of a Christ myth and a yes man to your parents' opinions, a Christian-by-culture, a vaguely superstitious child with a half-perceived set of images. what do you know of Church dogma?

More like "Catholic and Apostate Church", amirite?

Do you even Nietzsche?

>we must find meaning for ourselves in the world guys
>I spent my whole life trying to give life meaning guys

Fuck Nietzsche, he was a faggot. Schopenhauer all the way.

I'm an Existentialist.

Nihilists aren't "Wrong" per se, but they decline to then take the next step of imposing an internal order based on your own desires and goals upon an otherwise meaningless world.

Nobody is more nihilist than the capitalist elite. Nihilism, manifest in the amoral pursuit of self-interest, is the most powerful ideology in the world today.

Capitalism just works, that doesn’t mean it’s an “ideology.” We aren’t expected to pay lip service to it like we are to multiculturalism/democracy/le feminism. Those are the dominant ideologies

no, you're not

If it's not an ideology it's something worse.

It does not demand your compliance because it does not need it.

It continues at the behest of a small group of elites who have effectively used it to yoke the rest of the human race into bureaucratic servitude.

mein gott

The existence of God is the only possible argument against nihilism, though

How is God an argument against nihilism?

By definition

Nihilism is chill
I feel relaxed and free

depends which kind though. it pretty much just means believing something is not real.

moral nihilism is hard to criticize because morals are a retarded idea.

What definition?

Nihilism

No one over the age of twenty-five believes any oudated mode of thought.

The definition of God is nihilism?

>Capitalism just works
>Capitalism
>works
You don't watch the news, do you?

God is an argument against nihilism because the definition of nihilism is:
"The rejection of all religious and moral principles, often the belief that life is meaningless"

I'm not the guy you were arguing with, but boy have you failed to write anything that has made any sense.

So if I would be a nihilist in all ways except that I believe that God exists I would not be a nihilist?

He's not even alive.

That was examined in crime and punishment. It's unsustainable.

Let's be clear, I am talking about the Christian God. If you believe in Him you have religious and moral principles and know life isn't meaningless. This is contradictory to nihilism.

he believes in nihilism

that's not the same as God refuting nihilism in any argumentative sense.

absolutely pure

>"it just works"
>not ideology

This

We lack the cognition to realize the extent of our consciousness, and thus we will never be able to reason for or against an afterlife

>obviously naive and antiquated FDR pseudofascist economics leads to bad shit happening in the US
>"capitalism's fault"

>I am a nihilist who is in denial

ftfy

I think he meant that you refute nihilism for yourself by accepting god. Nihilism doesn't have any transcendent truth-value because the premises upset that very truth value. If you say there is no objective meaning, you are also necessarily saying all interpretations of meaning are equally as truthful including any form of mysticism.