youtube.com/watch?v=MK7qpM5Gxxw
reddit.com/live/xnrdv28vxfi2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll just leave this here.

You really can't hate him

What he is doing is pretty fucking great

Well, that was beautiful.

>stop threatening our pork contracts

who funds this current wave of damage control propaganda?

What about the fuel to return from Mars?

>lands on launch mount
>launch pad puts new second stage on

wew lad
Thought people said space ships aren't lego??

Ugh. What a cunt.

Hey guess why they're happy to send a Red Dragon to Mars without waiting for NASA to pay for it

Whole architecture is Methane based, so ISRU prop production from earlier, smaller missions (Red Dragon carrying robots?)

This day has been planned for a full year, way before the explosion happened.

NASA is letting them use DSN free of charge though, and offering technical support worth $20 mil (6.7% of total cost) over the course of the mission

People linning up to see him talk at IAC

The sooner this gets started the sooner UFO disclosure arrives.

How much money went into making this CGI

No new money however, it's all labor they are volounteering part time, when they have time

NASA also said during a recent telecon that SpaceX wants to achieve more independence with each Red Dragon mission, eventually not needing any NASA assets, and this helps explain why

Who's the qt3.14

However much it is, it's nothing compared to the public support, attraction of talent, and investor interest they're going to get.

youtube.com/watch?v=A1YxNYiyALg

4 minutes boys

my mexican wife

Doesn't look like much.

N1 round two.

Best thing is SpaceX delays will mean the explosion footage of when they actually try and light it will be in 8K.

GET HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Elon Musk @elonmusk
>12m rocket booster diameter, 17m spaceship diameter, 122 m stack height

thank miss skeltal

>Elon Musk climbs up on the podium
>he's about to start talking
>he explodes

;_;7

I think he should focus on making rockets that don't explode on the pad first.

I guess the money is running dry and he needs some more investor bait.

See You Space Cowboy...

>28 million lbs of thrust

>Bang!

Where are all these ULA and BO shills coming from?

Just imagine some niggers jumping on the stage and poping a cap in to Elons Musk ass

Can you fucking imagine

CAN YOU

Never skip leg day

>Live stream is starting soon

Fun fact: when this explodes on the pad, it'll be the equivalent of a tactical nuke!

WHEN IS IT STARTING

>if you don't praise my hero then you are a shill!
sure is /pol/ in here

youtube.com/watch?v=A1YxNYiyALg
>Chat is disabled for this live stream.

This hinders my autism.

Oh, at least it's not just me then.

>Can't even start a livestream on time
That'll teach you about believing any SpaceX dates or times.

still meanas we should see the first man on mars by 2035

Do you really want to be in chat for this event?

I can't wait for the first Mars colonial transporter to blow up and kill hundreds of people.

Chat would literally be reddit tier autismal kids going on and on about KSP

As a white South African diaspora, I know it is in Musk's nature to flee the darkies. Yet, couldn't he start with a Torus habitat in a lagrange orbit, or the Moon?

>working with incredibly precise machines with a million moving parts and points of failure
>while doing this, pioneer a technology that drastically reduces costs and paves the way for actual innovation (instead of gouging prices on obsolete russian models like competitors)
>one point of failure goes wrong in a sea of success
>HURRRRRRRRRR

Careful with that edge

>Implying anyone still believes SpaceX dates

It's gonna happen eventually.

The stream hasn't started yet because a shit ton of people are still in line waiting to get in and sit down.

And the logo is up!

You think they're going to send more than a ten person team on the first trip to Mars?

>Space music nominal

SHIT'S FINALLY STARTING GET HYPE

Their success rate is lower than average.

I will start praising him when he actually does something instead of promising and investor baiting.

ayy lmao music

>Elon Musk @elonmusk 1m1 minute ago
>Waiting for everyone to reach their seats and get settled. Starting in 5 to 10.
fucking lazy Mexicans

Not at first. But eventually, it's a standard way or reducing cost per ticket user.

good song

>Their success rate is lower than average.
Are you functionally retarded?

inb4 you compare Falcon 9 to a completely different vehicle with different development and/or number of launches

>space music
youtube.com/watch?v=MK7qpM5Gxxw

>that first stage

soooo many engines, what could possibly go wrong?

Depends on how you measure success, ya dingus

>4 times as powerful as Saturn V
>Saturn V pad explosion was estimated to be around a 400 ton explosion

RIP Pad 39A.

93% success rate vs the industry average of 95%, and that's not counting the landing tests that failed.

>Comparing the success rate of new technology testing new ideas with old technology

Shit, I guess NASA and the USSR are both piles of shit compared to spacex - I mean, just look at their 1st stage landing rate compared to spacex's!

Are they still trying to get people inside? Why hasn't it started yet?

it blew up xDDDDDDD

Eh. Currently, SpaceX has trouble with helium and anything to do with helium(leaks delaying the first dozen flights, struts holding the COPVs, COPVs themselves). Thankfully, methane is autogeneous/self-pressurizing so there won't be any need for helium or helium tanks with the ITS.

Also
>inb4 someone starts comparing F9 to Proton
Please don't jinx it.

Almost starting

monitoring

>and that's not counting the landing tests that failed.

The industry convention is destructively trashing boosters into the ocean.

Why are they even having these problems
Were they trying to do it themselves and invent a new way to do it?

>not bringing people back

based

leddit live thread here:
reddit.com/live/xnrdv28vxfi2

Apparently people are still trying to get to their seats

Why the fuck are you linking to a reddit thread on here?

And a large part of what all that was was them figuring out exactly how to do it. It was capable, but they needed more data to stick it.

Why are you even linking plebbit here? Nobody cares about that echo chamber shithole.

I want to believe

that's a big rocket

For you.

hue hue benis

Someone make a moar engines version of this.

well no its actually small
people were expecting much bigger

>not using leddit for non-political news
dummy

For Mars.

The problem, if I recall correctly was less the number of engines and more due to overly complex plumbing, shoddy workmanship and lack of testing.

Even if he only delivers half of what is promised in double the time it will stil be more then all the other competitors. I want more excentric billionares running space companies pls.

Really causes my neural cells to depolarize by opening gated channels in the membrane and passively diffusing potassium ions out of the cytoplasm down its concentration gradient leading to a sequence of action potentials to stimulate in accord with long term potentiation pathways developed through the release of seratonin at key moments of sensory input.

Fuck rockets, give us SSTOs.

From what I know of, they're pushing the boundaries of helium pressurization. They put the helium tanks(COPVs) inside the LOX tanks to allow for lower temperatures and thus higher densities while minimizing extra cooling hardware. Other rockets have dedicated cooling or separate areas of the rocket for helium tanks at lower pressures.

No, we need eccentric billionaires running other tech companies. We need someone pushing millions into real genetic engineering and cloning and biomechatronics.

It's an echo chamber shithole that gets you banned for no other reason than not sucking the dick of the perceived hero from that particular subreddit.

I don't think SSTOs are the way to go. You need to make too many compromises. The goal should be two stages both of which are fully reusable. Space-X is working on getting the first one down and it's only a matter of time till they go for reusable second stages.

>30 minutes late
B L U E B A L L S
L
U
E

B
A
L
L
S

Aaaaand still waiting