The truth is ternary

prove me wrong

I may not be able to prove you wrong but I can prove you aren't right

how about both?

Base e is more efficient than base 3.

show me a computer that works with base e on the hardware level. it's not implementable in real life.

e is irrational and so are you.

3 most efficient integer and the only base superior to binary.

when will people realize this?

life is ternary

>things are too hot too cold or neither cold nor hot
>things are too big too small or neither small nor big
>people lie or say the truth or neither lie nor say the truth
>people are right or are wrong or neither right nor wrong

deal with it

But all ternary logic can be reduced to binary logic...

Ternary allows for the same computations to be expressed more efficiently though. Base e is the most efficient radix and 3 is closer to e than 2.

>tfw too smart for exclusion of the middle

OP here

wow not one meme as of now

are we finally making progress?

You meant to say the truth-value, not truth. There, I proved you wrong.

>.gif
>not animated

Missed a huge opportunity for a badass gif there.

>truth
>2016
ISHYGDDT

Except all your 'or neithers' are arbitrary and thus wrong, Binary is the only system from which an universe can rise.

>Ternary allows for the same computations to be expressed more efficiently though

At the cost of having a lot more than just 3 (actually 16 but 13 of them are composite) expressions for processing 2 values. With binary you can express EVERY FUNCTION with just 5 symbols, 0, 1, AND, OR, XOR. Try that with ternary.

>>people lie or say the truth or neither lie nor say the truth
>>neither lie nor say the truth
What's an example of this? Just sitting there and saying nothing? How can this be implemented into computer hardware?

>too smart
keep dreaming

He's just wrong as you can remove EVERY third expression form his flawed logic. Also numbers are about absolutes, not about "not either".

>>things are too hot too cold or neither cold nor hot

Too hot or too cold are 2 different things, so you are are actually expressing this in binary: 10: too hot, 01: too cold, 00 neither

>>things are too big too small or neither small nor big

same thing

>>people lie or say the truth or neither lie nor say the truth

same thing, and retarded example

>>people are right or are wrong or neither right nor wrong

same thing, and even more retarded example

Fucking opting for ternary when all your statements are binary. KEK.

It has recently been shown that while binary Chu spaces cannot model quantum mechanics, ternary Chu spaces (where the dualizing object is a 3-element set) can, so you may have something there.

just plain wrong

every function maybe but not every value

>the truth is ternary

I agree, I discovered this fact on an acid trip

yes no maybe

Truth is a social construct.

OP here, I'd also like to add that balanced ternary notation is able to model accurate waveforms without the need to round/quantize, as infinitely repeating decimals (but with finite cycle) display as a finite number in ternary.

also miller indices are able to describe any state of crystallization that exists, by using a ternary notation.

there are many advantages and many uses to ternary but it has to fight against the well established, hardly questioned and by nature polarizing binary.

bump

Having a truth value set as limited as integers is wrong. Truth value is really a spectrum from -infinity to +infinity.
Prove me wrong.

OP is clearly talking about three-valued logic, not the ternary number system. The retards on Veeky Forums once again never cease to amaze.

There is no single truth. There an an infinite number of truths depending on the vantage point of the observer. Everything and nothing is true.

← this

oops, well played

>ternary is le truth
>truth tables are even more of a pain in the ass to fill out in ternary than in binary

lol fuck off