How am I supposed to deal with just not being smart enough for a higher-level maths degree...

How am I supposed to deal with just not being smart enough for a higher-level maths degree? I honestly worked my ass off in hs but got mediocre grades and poor entrance exam results... I'm super passionate about the subject and want to work with maths at a grad level. Is it still possible?

no you're behind think about it if you didnt jump on the math train before what makes you think you can now? unless you dedicate yourself 150%

Some insights on my future prospects and on how difficult I'll find the course would be appreciated. It's a mediocre uni and over 50% of students get a 2:2 or don't pass.

What do you mean by 'math train'?

he means post Rei qt cosplayers too

no
no reis allowed

>Is it still possible?

Probably not. You can work in science even if you're a mediocre student, but to find a job in math you have to be extremely bright.

Would you suggest switching to an engineering msc?

Posting cute Asukas.

Would I still be able to do a phd if I wanted to

Yes. Don't be too sad, you can still do math as a hobby.

In math? You'd have trouble finding a sponsor willing to take you on, it's a very competitive field.

Where I live it's possible to get a graduate loan

Just like FP said, you need to work your ass hard and practice a lot

But hey, there are other kinds of math, like applied math, statistics, CS, etc.

If and only if you really LOVE MATH as much as your waifu, study your ass hard, remember the questions about that entrance exam and keep practicing on whatever you studied since i'm sure the reason you couldn't make it on a entrace exam is because you didn't studied that well and that will fuck you up your entire life

Sorry for autism wall of text, OP.

Ok, that wasn't really big

Damn it

Try science or applied math. I had a friend like you, he liked math but he wasn't really cut out for it. Now he's doing something with physics and he's much happier.

I don't like physics. very boring

Yeah, I used to suck at math just because I didn't like it and I didn't like it because it intimidated me. I just started practicing basic stuff like factoring and trigonometry until I got really good. I got a little more confident and now I can't wait to start my calculus classes.
I think since you don't feel smart enough for what you're doing right now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to retake your previous math classes until you have gained aptitude and confidence. This will awaken true enthusiasm that will accelerate your learning.

Mathematics is a formal language and a form of thinking.

You should study six or seven hours at day, every single day of the year, in ten or more years to learn it in this double form. The reason by some people doesn't need this regime is because maths is easy to learn in the late infancy and the teens. In these years you can learn maths with only two years without being a genius.

It can be learned, but you re going to be severly bullied by every faggot like , and the world is full of they. And you can't do it to slap in the face of these people, unless you have a special disfuncional personality, and if you have it you doesn't ask this.

You can learn the lite maths in other grades.

Sorry, i liked the maths too late and learned the lesson. It's very frustrating, but nobody is going to bet for you in this shitty hole.

samefag

Errata:

> . In these years you can learn maths with only two years without being a genius.

I tried to say that you can learn it with two hours at day in your pre degree ed to be prepared in the way to learn the grade

Idk I think what FP said has some truth in it... What are you doing now, by the way? Career wise. Thanks.