What do you think of Victor Hugo?

What do you think of Victor Hugo?

Better than Tolstoy, not as good as Dickens.

>Better than Tolstoy, not as good as Dickens.
Nice paradox

I wrote that with the express purpose of generating that exact response from you specifically.

kys

It was a toss up between that and the more esoteric "therefore Hugo is nothing". So you won this time.

I'm full of shit and /b/ tier trolling anyways. I've read War and Peace and Great Expectations and David Copperfield. I'm about half way through Les Misérables, and it's the first thing I'm reading by him. Not even qualified to contradict myself.

I'm just enjoying Les Misérables, more than War and Peace.

a hack

Cosette>Eponine

This may mark me as a pleb, but I would watch the SHIT out of a Les Mis anime. Animate it lavishly, make it like two seasons, three if you want to stretch it. Do want.

Wonder was pretty good desu

kys desu.

Four seasons exist.

Except you're wrong. 'Ponine is beautiful and perfect.
It's called Shoujo Cosette. Javert doesn't kill himself, I think. Apart from that I heard it's pretty faithful. It's also one of the longest adaptations.

as much as I like miserables it is a easier read, with easier themes and more iconic characters that appels for a broader audience

but even by saying that, I can't see how you think this novel is in any way better than W&P

Anyone read Toilers of the Sea??
Really want to check that one out, but seems like it will end up being a huge bore from the glimpses I've taken.

The Contemplations are god-tier. So is Les Misérables. Hunchback, Hernani and Ruy-Blas are all very good as well. It's amazing that he managed to be so good at writing novels, poetry AND theater. Too bad he's almost exclusively known for his prose these days.

>tax on windows

Wut?

I read it last week actually. It is a fine work; my favorite by Hugo. The ending is perfect and is exactly what I desired from the book.

His poetry is excellent, his novels are good, his theater is meh.

W A T E R L O O

Based.

>Javert doesn't kill himself, I think.

Dropped.

W A T E R L O O
A T ER L O O
T E R L O O
E R L O O
R L O O
L O O
O O
O