Why do writers like cats more than dogs ?

why do writers like cats more than dogs ?

Spontaneity

Pussy

This

i like attack dogs

writers, like actors, are all faggots. faggots like cats.

are women overwhelmingly oppressed in western society?

>le cats are independent meme
It's all about aesthetics. Cats, smoking, drinking, outfit, reading newspaper... It's all a pose.

Why do they always draw all these weird fluids?

If I saw a woman in the state of the average hentai arousal I would take her to the hospital ASAP

It is probably some kind of anti-utilitarian statement. Cats are almost completely useless and are extremely unpleasant creatures. Pretty much everyone with sense knows that dogs are superior in every way, they require a little more effort to tame, but only retards end up with aggressive dogs.
this

If you raise cats from very young they can be very loyal and friendly. And guess how I know youre wealthy? Cats are great for taking care of pests like rats and roaches. I greatly prefer dogs for company cats are great too.

Steinbeck is one example I'm sure theres plenty others

>And guess how I know youre wealthy?
I'm working class actually. I know that cats are good for pest control, but we don't really get pests where I live. A mouse was in my house one time, that was it.

Sorry i was butthurt because i like cats and they get rid of the roaches. Even if u were wealthy that would have been stupid and pretentious

you know you can have both right? don't pick a nigger breed and they can live fine together

>don't pick a nigger breed
You're an idiot. My cousin almost had her face bitten off by a Jack Russell when she was a toddler. Breeds such as Pit Bulls have the highest number of attacks because they are a strong dog breed and are ideal for those who breed dogs to fight. Any dog will be a fine companion if you know how to train them (I would bet a handsome sum that you don't).

what point were you trying to make here ? Jack russell is a nigger breed

Nice meme.
I have owned several Jack Russells and all of them were extremely intelligent and companionable (it wasn't one of my own that attacked her).

Name a none 'nigger breed'.

Basenji

saved

they're "nigger breeds" because you, the owner, are a nigger.
you could tame a wild lion and it would still be a "nigger breed", such is life as a filthy coon

>african breed

thats literally the joke i think lmao

I like dogs more than cats and I'm a writer.

Not a very good one, but still.

Actually kill yourself.

if you have a cat, the whole place fucking stinks.

High level discourse.

Dogs are great. My dog had to be put down a few months ago because of an immune system thing. It was honestly the most stressful three days of my life.

We're adopting a dog soon, hopefully. I want to get there later in the day and take home the puppy no one wants for some stupid reason. I know what it's like to be unwanted and abandoned, and for a pack creature like a dog it must be horrible to not be wanted.

Lord Byron liked dogs too.

So Sad And Banal Man had dogs though.

Wow. Tell me you had your dog gutted, skinned, deboned, and cooked. I hate when people bury their pets and waste fresh doggo corpse.

Nah.

Les amoureux fervents et les savants austères
Aiment également, dans leur mûre saison,
Les chats puissants et doux, orgueil de la maison,
Qui comme eux sont frileux et comme eux sédentaires.

Amis de la science et de la volupté
Ils cherchent le silence et l'horreur des ténèbres;
L'Erèbe les eût pris pour ses coursiers funèbres,
S'ils pouvaient au servage incliner leur fierté.

Ils prennent en songeant les nobles attitudes
Des grands sphinx allongés au fond des solitudes,
Qui semblent s'endormir dans un rêve sans fin;

Leurs reins féconds sont pleins d'étincelles magiques,
Et des parcelles d'or, ainsi qu'un sable fin,
Etoilent vaguement leurs prunelles mystiques.

that's a shitty tattoo, but i'd "fuck" her if you know what i mean.

If you're engrossed in writing something and giving it all your attention, the most the cat will do is walk and lie on top of it.

The dogs response to this is to eat it and perhaps absorb its powers. At the heart of it, cats are pragmatic and rational, dogs are mystical.

I've always liked cats, and it's for a pretty obvious reason. Dogs love you automatically, there's no value behind that affection, it's almost annoying how intimate they are. Cats dislike you. They use you. Cats really don't understand why you do these things for them. Attention wise, you're not even doing much. You both end up like distant roomates.

And if it decides to love you after all that, it feels pretty special.

Bad writers like cats, good writers like dogs. That's the difference.

>this
My ten year old tabby cat lives with my parents, I live away from home for uni. Every time I go home though, she follows me around the house. I can walk around from room to room for half an hour and she follows. anywhere i sit down she comes and sits on my lap. she doesn't do this with anyone else, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a cat as loyal as that. It feels pretty special, knowing how cold cats usually are.

I love reading xenofiction books but most are cat related. Tailchaser's Song, Warrior Cats, Varjak Paw, The Tygrine Cat, The Wild Ride... Cats, cats, cats. I don't even like cats! I'm a dog and rat type of person, but I can't find crap about rodents besides Mrs. Frisny and the Rats of NIMH.

I think the reason writers like cats is because they're easier to work with then dogs. Cats are allowed to go outside on their own and feral cats exist. In countries like America or Canada you rarely see feral dogs run around. They're usually taken in by shelters eventually. Feral animals are easier to write than pet animals. You want your animal character to go on adventures but you can't do that if they're attached to a human.

I've thought of writing a cat book myself, but using inside cats instead of feral cats. Cat xenofiction books are always "Being feral is so good~!" Go tell /an/ that....

"Pit Bull" isn't a breed, fyi.

That's absurd. You don't know about animal psychology.

because dogs are fucking stupid

Dogs are smarter than cats actually. People mistake loyalty for stupidity.

Only american writers care for dogs. Good writers prefer cats.

They don't require as much attention. Set up automatic litter box, automatic feeder, waterer and you don't have to do anything else for a couple of weeks.

pretty sure parrots are the thinking man's pet of choice

This

Go say that on /an/. You need to play with your cats daily.

Well, if they want to play, they can. But I don't see why you'd go out of your way to bother them when they aren't initiating it. Any that I've ever had get swatty when you play with them too much when they didn't want it.

>le cats are le useless meme

they kill rodents en masse, if more people had cats there wouldn't have been any black plague

Dogs on the other hand are pretty damn useless unless you're blind or some kind of drug police

because they're not happy

I saw that Frasier where Niles gets a parrot and throws a dinner party, put me off 2bh. One of the corvids is p patrician. A falcon is historically patrician but a little try hard I think.

You put the food out and give em a clean shitbox and you can basically ignore them and focus on your writing. Dogs are attention whores and pathetically servile.

>give em a clean shitbox
The world is their clean shit box. Just give them their own door.

It's true, my brother in law, who hates cats, brought home a kitten to ward off the mice that have been plaguing the house. The cat's been around a couple months and there hasn't been a mouse since. It doesn't even have to hunt them, they all just left cause there's a predator in the house.
The cat is also adorable and fun to play with, they're great pets desu

dogs smell so fucking bad I have no idea how people can own them

The feline consciousness is creativity. The yin to the dog's yang. PUSSY creates life. Just as pussy cats emit pensive energy, not retard dog energy.

Is it possible you have never known a responsible dog owner? I've owned dogs, had friends with dogs, only ones that smelled was a friend of mine who lived on a farm in the middle of no where.

I've had people comment "your dog doesn't smell at all!" when I could smell it from a mile away
maybe it's because I'm not used to dogs but they ALL smell

You haven't read Tomcat Murr

Because writers are horrible people to a man and shy away from any being that could conceivably rely on them.

The less hairy breeds are only noticeably smelly if they haven't been washed in ages or if they're wet.

Not necessarily true. I think a lot of it's genetics.

Dogs are pack hunters and their general smelliness is supposedly a part of that. Cats being more typically lone hunters have a quite sophisticated deodorant system.

you just have a sensitive sense of smell or a weird trigger that other people don't have. like those weirdos whose genes make their tastebuds makes delicious cilantro taste like soap.

I have the senses of a cat :)

this ends the discussion. if you're living life in the aesthetic mode, cats are the only option. dogs are ugly, stinky retards who need to be taken outside to shit. meanwhile my cat shits in the toilet, cleans itself, feeds itself, and plays chess with me.

>and plays chess with me.
What's his Elo?