Blow up a billion dollar rocket in the testing phases

>blow up a billion dollar rocket in the testing phases
>already have plans to send people to colonize Mars

Please tell me NASA does not take Musketeers seriously.

>A FUCKING FUEL TANK

Why did Elon have to turn out to be such a hack? Why did we have to convince us we actually had a shot at Mars?

It's a marketing ploy on the same tier as your typical kickstarter campaign.

1. Make promises you can't deliver on so that space geek cream themselves.
2. Make flashy video showing a product that cannot possibly exist.
3. ???
4. Profit.

From what I hear, many employees at SpaceX stay there 2-4 years. So within this 6 year period, most of the employees will have been replaced 2 times over. How can you build an inter-planetary spaceship when half of your employees have only been working on the project for 2 years?

What happened to science and engineering? Have we as a society diluted ourselves so much that we can't even see past a thinly veiled snake-oil advertisement? Fuck those backyardphysics youtube channels that allow this faggorty to happen.

Musk aways said part of his strategy was to get other companies and space agencies to work faster and get stuff out the door.

Maybe this will at least force NASA to finish SLS instead of having a 10 year timetable that's reset every time a new government appears.

Threadly reminder that any humans sent outside of Earth's magnetosphere would accumulate too much brain damage to be useful by the time they arrived at the destination. Mars colonization will have be done by synthetic machines, not biological ones.

Humans aren't going anywhere for a long time.

explain

As long as you don't lose your best engineers you can afford losing people every 2 to 4 years..

Wow user, you're right! I'm getting my multi-million dollar launch contact with SpaceX refunded right now. If only I hadn't been swindled out of my hard earned money! Those damn YouTubers are so tricky!

>billion dollar rocket
Actually it was only 60 million. Not counting Facebook's 200+ mill satellite.

>Humans aren't going anywhere for a long time.
Well not with an attitude like that

People treat science like it's magic and ignore scale. Even scientists and engineers do this because muh mankind. Go ahead, blow up more rockets and send astronauts to develop radiation poisoning on Mars. Thousands of years from now when this shit might be viable you'll all be remembered as pioneers.

hmmmm... he is ambitious, but i do not think he is stupid. His team has proved itself to be quite brilliant, why so much pessimism?

It's not that it's impossible. It's that he'll never be able to afford it.
He'll need some MASSIVE amount of investment.

He estimated $62M cost for one trip assuming full reusability of booster, tanker and ship.
Now he wants to send 100 people per trip. That's 620K, a lot more than his 200K ticket price he wants.
And that's just the cost for a trip. You still have the entire development and fabrication of everything left.

Sure the US government or even the EU might throw in a dime. Maybe even some private corps like Google. But I doubt it will be nearly enough.

an ITS can haul 200 and something tons of just scientific experiments to mars, imagine how appealing that would be. I understand your point as it is the most difficult one for them to surpass, but it has enough strong points to make it through at least the initial stages. I just wonder how much stress is involved in actually flying it. the price per ticket would go sown, eventually. imagine that instead of spending 1.2 million dollars for a car, you could spend half of that to go to mars, seems pretty dope for those who have the money.

>Monster rocket, 17m widest point
>Fuckton of staged combustion cycle motors clustered in concentric circles
>Payload is an interplanetary spacecraft
>Grid-fins on the first stage.

Mother of god, the absolute madman is trying to resurrect the N1.

Hope no one is in Titusville when they light this thing...

Yeah but why would rich people wanna go to Mars? Their money will be worthless there.

Because most people isnt a fucking loser like you and likes challenges.

Obviously the first trips would/will be way more expensive. First plane flights were only for rich people.

>Please tell me NASA does not take Musketeers seriously.
Not his Mars plans that's for sure.

bro.... you can come back if you want. and I feel as if there is no sense of adventure in you. "why would people want to go to mars?"
because why the fuck not?! You will do something that no one except for a very few others has ever done in all of human's history, i think it is worth it.

any d you will always be in the forever of forevers of forevers of being the first one

even after billions ofn billions of days have happened the literal objective fact will be that youre have been the number one

There are dozens of people that have given more millions of dollars to NASA to get on board of ISS alone. Even for 600k, there will be literally thousands of people signing up for the thrill value alone. There are people that spend much higher amounts for their thrills and hobbies. Space exploration is the lifelong hobby of a good fraction of the whole population.

Hes an idiot or troll. He is probably referring to the heavy radiation in open space. Seeing as how the moon orbits the earth at about 238,000 mi and on the day side of the earths magentosphere is only 40,000 mi out. So the moon walkers wouldve been toast by his logic. We have shielding to protect people in deep space.

2 weeks in LEO with the option to immediately abort at all times is something vastly different than being stuck on another planet for almost 3 years till the planets are aligned properly for the return trajectory.

>"it will be fun, really fun, you could have zero g games during the spaceflight, really fun"

- elon musketer

Alternative 3

42 fucking engines

So many chances for things to go kaboom