For anyone who cares about Veeky Forums

Folks, I don't know what to tell you. For the last couple of years this board has beeing falling lower and lower, and lower, and then when you think it can't go any lower, it would go lower yet.
This board is so low energy right now, Deepak Chopra could do better.

It's clear to me that NO ONE will change the situation, if I don't do it myself.

And here is how you can help.

DON'T REPLY AND REPORT the following threads:

> religion bait
> x bait
> pol bait
> IQ bait
> AI bait
> evolution is false bait
> why is science so ineffective bait
> philosophy bait
> popsci bait
> any popsci
> any bait
> meme reposts
> gorilla posts
> homework

Support me - first by writing in this thread - as I hereby officially propose my moderatorial candidacy. I promise you that abovementioned threads will not be tolerated and this site will become THE best science message board in the world.

Help me become the moderator and together

WE

WILL

MAKE

Veeky Forums

GREAT

AGAIN!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/science/
youtube.com/watch?v=YDpbTOuc_n8
youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Look, I want either science or math, and your post delivers none

If you care:
>No true Scotsman fallacy and thought police.
Nice. :^)

That post is what will get all the trash out of this board and there will be only science and math.

It does sound nice...

Our janny it too tolerant for sure

christ how new are you

Veeky Forums is a young board and it has been forced memes, racism, and homework since fucking day one

>Don't troll Veeky Forums
What the fuck is the point of posting if you're not gonna bait people. You can't stop us >:)

And I'm here to tell you that it doesn't have to be that way.

Veeky Forums is a specific board and it relies on not having bait threads, since there are too many retards who reply to obvious shitpost level baiting. Now, I'm not saying baiting should be outlawed period - you have to be flexible with this stuff. But absolute no effort shitposting and bait-threads will not be tolerated.

Also a lot of things are already outlawed even though they shouldn't be. I've seen with my own eyes how absolutely innocent threads with science questions would get deleted just because they touched on some emotionally sensitive subject, like shitting or ass-fucking. This is not freedom, this is physicsforums.

That's literally all of Veeky Forums. Twas ever thus.

I'm sad that you genuinely believe that, if you do.

>And I'm here to tell you that it doesn't have to be that way.
If I wanted high quality moderated discussion on "approved" topics I'd be writing papers in a fucking journal and drowning my sorrows with rum while my wife cheats on me.

I seriously fucking hate you.

>Support me - first by writing in this thread - as I hereby officially propose my moderatorial candidacy. I promise you that abovementioned threads will not be tolerated and this site will become THE best science message board in the world.

No need. You'll fit right in
reddit.com/r/science/

Any math/science topic that's not bate is an approved topic. Else go to b. How fucking hard can it be?

Reddit is a popsci fest and overall is a swamp. Don't compare it to sci even in it's current condition.

I support this

6OP is not a mod shitposters want
.....But he's the one they deserve :^)

But the philosophical discussions are the only thing worthwhile here. If I want to to read about science I go over to wikipedia or reddit. Veeky Forums is only good for discussion.

Discussion != bait shitfest

Where do I sign?

youtube.com/watch?v=YDpbTOuc_n8

That's what someone who hasn't been here for more than a few years would say.

Comparing to Veeky Forums 5-6 years ago the quality is much higher, back then the entire front page was filled with trolling attempts and low quality math, it was far more filled with all these topics you cite in the OP, far more than it is today.

nice fantasy

Veeky Forums began with forced memes and homework threads and steadily failed to improve

love it or leave it, cunts

Believe it or not, Veeky Forums has actually improved over the years.

It used to be pure cancer a few years ago. There was a lot more traffic and when it comes to a board like this, more people means lower quality threads on average.

Now it's mostly just memes, but has a few decent threads every once and awhile.

gorilla threads can be enjoyable tbqh

>fantasy
Spoken like someone who didn't pay attention.

We were constantly filled with order of operations threads, calculus threads, religion threads, 0.999...=1 threads, and uncountably many jacob barnett threads.

Yes, and one confident final push will make it a golden standard for a science board on the whole internet.

Awww the usual: this board X is getting worse, it used to be Y, now it's Z. Let's change this!!!1!

If I got a penny everytime i see one of these...

>quoting a delusional sociopath

Thanks OP. I believe in you, even though you posted a trumplet image in the first post.

Conservative faggots like you are literally why we can't have nice things in any aspect of life.
> Let's just accept everything as is and attack everybody who tries to change it and get out of the comfort zone.
You don't belong on sci, autist.

>Conservative faggots like you are literally why we can't have nice things in any aspect of life.

Really, faggot? THAT'S the reason why we can't have nice things in any aspect of life? Because of conservatives like me?

youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Kill yourself.

Someone definitely needs to get rid of all the pop-science garbage posted in this board.

Take all the pseudo-intellectual garbage too.

yeah the thing with pop scine is that is not even bait, it seriously makes this board full of dumb literal retards.

Keep butthurting cocksucker, that user is right.

Im embarrassed for you sad failed attempt at mutiny....
Go back to whore island you pirate hooker.